Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Oh ok. I've talked to AITM on Facebook recently and asked them for an old Mack cab. They said they do have the one I want.
  3. What was the dimensions of your diorama just out of curiosity. I really enjoyed looking at it.
  4. I’m not really known for doing that🥴…but the axles attach to the leaf springs which are part of the frame rails. I can probably attach the three rear crossmembers and still spread the rails enough to slip the engine into place. But it has to be in place before the front axle goes in.
  5. I have this kit too, lurking somewhere up in the attic. But now you have me scared as to what else might be lurking there🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️
  6. If it came off easily, try soaking it again and scrubbing it with an old toothbrush. Alternately you could make your own sanding sticks. I use coffee stir sticks and 3M automotive double faced tape to make mine. Just whittle them down to the width needed.
  7. Very realistic representation of a workhorse after a few decades of use and a few different owners. The 8' flareside bed looks great. big thanks to Fireball for offering this never done before piece.
  8. Neat looking build, I’m especially digging the wheels with the whitewalls.
  9. So does that mean you actually have to follow the instructions in order?🤔 Where’s the fun in that 😴
  10. Yesterday I played a game that you may have heard of that goes by the name "The One sentence game" on a online forum while cramming potato chips in my mouth like there was no tomorrow and I'll probably end up doing the same thing tonight until the entire bag of chips is gone.
  11. I just rec’d them in my last shipment a couple of weeks ago! He’s now well over 100 items and the list keeps growing!
  12. @Chariots of Fire I was concerned with the headlights, but I put a drop or 2 of testors glue and let it dry. I used some testors paint for the turn signals and warning lights, placing just enough paint to not break surface tension. I’m pretty happy with the results, both look like lenses now instead of the stickers the kit provided. I’ll have to go get a cutting wheel for my dremel, my starter set didn’t come with one unfortunately. I assume you did something similar to remove the rotator beacon and siren mounts on the roof. Needless to say I’m most nervous about that. How did you go about filling the unused holes in the mold? Or how would I go about filling holes I will almost certainly make in the cab with my dremel? Thanks again.
  13. Beautiful build on a modern classic! Great kit to, I have two, one rebuilder that is up soon and one mint not started. Missing parts though so I need to buy the big detail up kit I believe.
  14. Great build! What does such a custom decal work go for?
  15. Tomorrow is usually the day when I put off to the next day everything I didn't get done yesterday.
  16. I have one of those kits and I've been thinking of building it so it looks like the LO23 Darts that just came off the car carrier. Gray primer(?) with black gel coated fenders. This is Bill Bagshaw's Red Light Bandit before paint.
  17. Thanks mate! They suit the car well. thank you sir! Thank you Enzo!
  18. Looking good Bruce, amazing what Porsche was able to do back then. Imagine how fast the car would be with tires from today’s race cars.
  19. I had a blue 71 350 I got for free back in 1980, had it for 3 years. All it needed was a carb rebuild and a battery. Fun Fun Fun bike. I used to keep it inside my grandma's screened in porch (she lived very close). Her mailman saw it one day and said he would pay me $100 for it so I sold it to fund my 68 Mustang. Some where I still have the license plate. I'm sure it's worth a small fortune now.
  20. Thanks! Thank you sir! Thanks Espo! Thank you Dan! Thanks Jon! I might get some better pics with the pair later when he brings it out of storage for summer, he has a good camera as well. his 1:1 is a also a red 911 but a 997, but he always wanted a 1984 911. Hence the gift.
  21. I've never fooled around with any of the Barry Grant carbs. These carbs look like they have accelerator pumps on all the carbs and a mechanical linkage as I think the Rochester setup did. The Mopar setup was venturi vacuum controlled with no accelerator pumps on the outboard carbs. The Corvette Tri-Power Holley setup was very similar. I've looked into the EFI for a couple cars and I decided the learning curve was just a tad too steep for me. Carbs are just simpler and for a car with limited use, the "bang for the buck" just isn't there for me. Of course, I've been called crazy for liking my Carter Thermoquads LOL! The cam failures are perplexing. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the failures. It seems like it isn't just one company. My personal thoughts are that all these cam grinders are buying offshore built cores and I'll even bet that they are coming from the same place. I don't think they have the hardening correct. I have a solid lifter Isky cam for the 273 I'm building for my Barracuda and I'm just hoping that it works out ok. So '32 Ford? A '32 Highboy was on my bucket list for a long time... I seem to have gotten over it, but I still lust over them when I see one I like.
  22. Today
  23. I have the kit somewhere in my stash. I will see if I can find it. you just want the suspension assembly, correct? it may take a day or so. Ihave enough kits to open my own shop.
  24. Beautiful model. The detailing and the paint/weathering are very realistic.
  1. Load more activity