[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Autoquiz 358

My thought was "when did the Japanese ever make a Mustang?" I have absolutely no idea.
  3. What AMT/MPC Molds Might Still Exist at Round 2?

Yep: IIRC it was a very simplified (almost toylike) kit; might have done better if it was a real tractor instead of a generic one (it looked somewhat like the Chevy but wasn't based on any real truck).
  4. Window cranks?

Or you can make 'em out of assorted scrap material.
  5. potvin supercharger

The Allison engine already HAS a huge centrifugal supercharger on it...
  6. Been so long, I forget. I have every kit they made but they’re all sealed.
  7. Garlits Drag Pak Challenger

the black one ?
  8. I have one on my 1954 Mercury. I'll try and get out to the garage tomorrow and get a picture of it. Back in the day some of them had flippers, they would actually flip down out of the way. Dennis
  9. Today
  10. Stock up on Humbrol Paints now!

Thanks John!
  11. potvin supercharger

thanks for all the info,I'm planning a steampunk build using an allison engine and trying to add the supuercharger...
  12. Stupid Is the New Smart

How appropriate...
  13. GM and Chevy Quality

They also sold new for less than most couple of years old economy cars, they were cheaper than a Hyundai which at the time were freakishly cheap themselves. People in that market don't usually have the money to follow the recommended maintenance. Most of the people I knew who bought a Yugo were high school or college students. It doesn't help a cars reliability image one bit when most of the owners are deciding between an oil change and a big box of ramon noodles at Costco. I remember looking through an old car buyers guide and under the Yugo it mentioned the scarcity of A/C on the used market. That was one of the few options offered and it would raise the price by about 50%.
  14. potvin supercharger

that would be even better...thanks
  15. What AMT/MPC Molds Might Still Exist at Round 2?

Uncle Scott & Ellen, what say you? Dennis
  16. Stupid Is the New Smart

No need for a find-my-phone app. Apply the K.I.S. S. principle How to prevent one from losing his iCrap devise : Use a dummy cord It's called a dummy cord for obvious reasons. You appear less stupid than you really are because you won't lose your friggin' phone at the artisanal kaleteria or while attending your weekly flugelhorn repair course.
  17. What AMT/MPC Molds Might Still Exist at Round 2?

Here is a picture of one that looks close to the image on the box. Dennis
  18. 69 Camaro (Revell)

What modifications did you make for poseable wheels?.
  19. What AMT/MPC Molds Might Still Exist at Round 2?

After enlarging the picture, the Van Lines tractor looks like a early to mid 60's Chevy cab over similar to the Ford C-series cabs. That's just what it looks like to me! I have never seen the kit in person. Dennis
  20. 69 Corvette 427

Looks good so far,i didn't realize you asked on my thread about the 69 i'm building,it's still going I've been dragging my feet a little bit.
  21. Nice to see you're back at it,the colors really pop.
  22. 63 Tempest AWB

Lookin' good Ken.
  23. 2018 MDA Model Car Contest

until
    The MDA Model Car Contest and Swap Meet is a part of the MDA Car Show that is held on the first full weekend of March at the Berglund Center in Roanoke, Virginia. The Model Car contest and Swap Meet is a one day only show that will take place on Saturday March 3, 2018 from 9:00am to 4:00 pm. All entries for the model contest are free with your paid admission into the 38th Annual MDA Car Show that starts on Friday March 3rd and runs thru Sunday March 4th. For more information on the MDA Car Show and other activities for the weekend please go to: mdacarshow.com
  24. C7 Corvette Convertible 3LT

Hello, Interior is done and in place. Molded tail lights painted. Black trim was a royal pain everywhere. This will go to the back of the display shelf. It looks good from a distance but don't get close... Thanks,
  25. The MDA Model Car Contest and Swap Meet is a part of the MDA Car Show that is held on the first full weekend of March at the Berglund Center in Roanoke, Virginia. The Model Car contest and Swap Meet is a one day only show that will take place on Saturday March 3, 2018 from 9:00am to 4:00 pm. All entries for the model contest are free with your paid admission into the 38th Annual MDA Car Show that starts on Friday March 3rd and runs thru Sunday March 4th. For more information on the MDA Car Show and other activities for the weekend please go to: mdamodelcar.com mdacarshow.com
  1. Load more activity