[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 1/25 AMT '40 Ford Sedan

The hood trim has always been weak from the beginning on both the coupe and the sedan. It's due to the draft angle necessary for hood to eject from the mold.
  3. 1/6 Tamiya Kawasaki Z1300

Awesome
  4. Jet Rod Community Build

looking good.
  5. What did you get today?

Got these today,just wondering if anyone has bought the upgrade set that's available for this kit?
  6. Stupid Is the New Smart

That is a good question. I think laziness, as a personality trait, which also goes hand-in-hand with being sloppy and not paying attention to the "small stuff", likely results in sloppy communication skills. I think the same traits also play role in whether someone is a good, average, or even mediocre modeler. I suspect that people with personalities which "sweat the small stuff" usually do well building models I'm also the guy who when using up the last paper towel in the kitchen puts on a fresh roll. And how bends over to pick up a piece of trash left by someone else. It must be the way my brain is wired. Well, at least partially - the other part is the way I was raised by my parents.
  7. Today
  8. Oh man,no,not Don from (Un)Reliable Resins.I just happen to see this thread,and his name.Let me tell you,he was the worst.I ordered a notchback Mustang.I waited almost a year.Never answered my calls,and when he did answer the phone,he wouldn't stop talking..By the time I got the body,Revell released their nitchback Mystang.And it cost me $100...Ah whatever,he's long gone.But if any of you see his name pop up saying he's open for business again,do yourself a favor and don't think about doing ANY business with him.
  9. The family race car

Thanks and I had thought about a baby seat but I’m not sure yet. I got the engine mocked up.
  10. R.I.P. forum member FordWagonNut

I remember Jonathan Valadez from the C.A.R.S. in Miniature Model Car Club. A good guy and I'm sorry he passed on. May he R.I.P.
  11. Sad to report that forum member Jon Valadez (FordWagonNut) passed away on January 18, 2017. He was a member of the Lake Michigan Model Car Club; Rob Cantwell announced his death at the monthly meeting last Saturday. According to the report, he was working on one of his cars in his garage and was overcome by carbon monoxide from a space heater. He was only 38 years old and a good friend to me and many others. Ten days before he died, his AMT '68 Torino convertible won first in its class in the Model of the Month voting at our January meeting. While I try to get photos of that one, here are a couple shots of his other builds (he was very fond of fullsize American '60s and '70s cars, especially Ford wagons). R.I.P., Jonny - you will be missed.
  12. 69 Yenko Nova

Very nice job.I didn't know that the Yenko cars,(Nova,or the Camaro's) came in white...Looks really well done.
  13. Collection pics!

Man,some of you guys have very nice organized collections.I'm jealous.
  14. 1967 Pontiac Bonneville

Pictures are nice and the build is killer..Good thing for lights and white paper eh..Very clean and well done..
  15. What is this?

It is on a new revell nascar chassis and I don’t know what it is?
  16. Ferrari fxx-k

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
  17. Highway thru Hell

if you can't or don't get HTH, i'm actually watching season 6 here: https://1movies.to/series/highway-thru-hell-season-6/109504/120759-watch-online-free.html they have other seasons too.
  18. 1967 Pontiac Bonneville

Just fantastic! Impressive build and detail
  19. Highway thru Hell

yeah, everybody is in a big rush...you should see when we're up there with the crew, camper and quad trailer- 90 kms.....like were standing still!... next time you travel it, should really try to get on the backroads off the highway, there is even a couple backroads that sorta parallel the highway, so you can get back on without back-tracking. what you see from the highway is pretty nice, what you see off the highway is incredible... my house is just around the corner from this mountain, check out the road on the north side of it this morning seen Jamie's KW coming out of the yard today, the one with the peeling paint that he used to pull Mo to the wrecker show in the states. and look what James has done to it....long distance tow rig from the looks of it...(remember, ya seen it here first...) very similar to a truck his brother Jason owns (well, a little rattier looking than Jason's...) speaking of, my bulletproof (literally, tested to .303 tough...) diff covers for my crew came in... and at the 4x4 shop when I picked them up, Jason's lo-boy was there picking up the shop's ford truck for transport somewhere and HR126 was in the shop again yesterday. wonder if they didn't get the problem or something else popped up...
  20. Trade question

PM sent
  21. 1/12 Tamiya Ferrari 312b

Why is it. When you finally get motivated to make progress. The temperature drops to 38. Welcome to California......
  22. 1967 Pontiac Bonneville

Beautiful build Steve, that color will look amazing outside, a friend of ours has a 67 Bonneville Wagon in Plum Mist, awesome cars.
  23. Fun project: tiny stock 54 Ford F100 Panel

Love it!! Looks very good in red! Sharp build. Dennis
  24. Revell's 68 Mustang GT 2n1 kit

The rear seat seat back is still a problem. That's the one thing they did not update. The rear seat seat back is still the one for the '67 Mustang Interior Decor Option. Horizontal pleats, and the medallions. The rest of the interior is correct for the '68 standard interior. Including the rear seat, seat bottom. There is one other thing incorrect in the interior. The dashboard has the Stewart Warner gauges, oil pressure and amperes, mounted under the radio. As seen as standard equipment on the '67 Shelby Mustangs. Are these two things major problems for me? No. I'd prefer if the correct rear seat seat back was there. But, will it be really seem in the built kit? I'm not sure. The Shelby gauge setup? Not correct. But, on a car without a console like this one, I might consider adding it on the real car. So again, not a big deal for me. It should be noted, that if those gauges were a big deal. They can easily be removed from the model's dashboard. The solution to the rear seat seat cushion is not an easy fix. But, I live with it.
  25. Moebius 4x4 Ford

Good looking old Ford!! It's going to be sharp when done!! Dennis
  26. I'm looking for interior pictures of a 3rd generation(1975 - 1991) Ford Econoline van for a model build. In particular I need pictures of an unfinished interior with all the beams and studs showing and the right rear area where the spare tire attaches. If anyone has any or owns a 3rd generation Econoline with an unfinished interior I'll appreciate any pictures.
  1. Load more activity