[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Wow!!!!!!!!! Beeeeeeeeeeeautiful truck man!
  3. This thing just keeps getting better and better Darren!
  4. ONCE UPON A TIME..... (game)

or hot coffee
  5. AMT's 53 Corvette.

I'm surprised no one has commented on this one yet. Other than the missing headlamp and rear license plate covers, it looks pretty good. I've got a bit of a soft spot for those early six cylinder Corvettes. I think they're pretty cool.
  6. 30 A-Bone

That does look very cool. Great model. Did you attach the top and then finish and paint? Very clean work there. I messed up on mine and had to repaint which left a noticeable gap. Also, how did you do the roof panel? So simple and clean. Nice work
  7. Miller Genuine Draft

very nice and clean
  8. Tamiya Mazda 787b

Finally calling this one done, man did I have issues. Sorry guys I should have posted more recent WIP pics, but to be completely honest sometimes it simply distracts me too much. Details: Rear shocks, scratch built Rear wing, cast Right rear brake duct/hub assembly, cast Rear disks, cast Ignition wires added Electronic wires and ties added Air box support rods added Rad faces, PE Exhaust ducting, PE Has filler rings, PE The colour scheme is ALL paint no decals. Base, Spaz Stix chrome. Candy orange, layers of Tamiya clear orange and a couple light layers or clear red then more orange. Candy green, Tamiya clear green. The dashes are all hand cut, taking 8hrs to cut (about 200), 4hrs to ly down, another hr to remove. This originally started out as a Halloween themed build, hence the faces. In the end I decided to just do the build as an odd or macabre themed subject. Thanks for looking in guys. " /> " />
  9. Ted Musgrave

x2
  10. Does anyone have photo's of Detail Master Tachometers?

Here's a link to the Model Car Garage "Sun-style" tachometer. http://www.modelcargarage.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=36
  11. 1967 Pontiac Bonneville, A Few More Inferior Photos.

As always, beautiful work from you Steven. I'm hoping to see this car "in the flesh" at the next NNL here in the Twin Cities this May. It's always a pleasure see you and your builds.
  12. What's your state famous for?

No budget for a number of years. Biggest deficit in U.S Most people leaving for other states. The worst governor in the US.
  13. Good luck with this project Bill. I will be sure to look in.
  14. ONCE UPON A TIME..... (game)

don't serve breakfast
  15. A few more of my builds

Very nice!
  16. Mecom Lola Mk VI GT

Ah! "What Lola wants. Lola gets."* Very nice. * I wonder how many guys out there know where Broadley got the name "Lola" for his race cars? There is a big hint in the quote I used.
  17. '79-'82 Mustang Kits-Need Info

Monogram did one in 1/24 that was pretty nice. I've never seen the MPC so can't comment on it. Lindberg did one too. I think it was supposed to be an '80. Not as good as a Monogram/Revell/AMT/MPC but the basic shape is pretty good and if you're doing a semi-custom, it might work well for you. I haven't seen too many of ANY of these kits around in a long time. Couple months ago I bought a Lindberg cheap at a local toy show/swap meet, and realized I hadn't seen one in over a decade. (I want to do a black '80 Cobra with the green trim, if I can find decals.) Did they do promos of these? If so, might not hurt to keep an eye out for these, too. I've been amazed at how cheap many '70s-'80s Corvette and Camaro promos sell for, especially if they're not in 100% perfect condition. Maybe the same is true of these Mustangs (I really have no idea).
  18. Issue #205

Thanks And we just lost Tom West as well the other day. Sad days
  19. Issue #205

I understand that sentiment perfectly. I lost 2 friends and co-workers to cancer. Hardly a day goes by that I don't think of them. Memory of them provides me inspiration when I'm at my wit's end. My thanks to you for persevering and providing a great magazine and forum for us.
  20. 1965 Linoln Continental

Very nice. I particularly love the colors.
  21. 70 Dodge Charger R/T

Stunning job. Though they are more correct on a Hemi car, than not, I maybe the only one here who is not a big fan of the dog dishes on this car. But, everybody has different tastes. And that's okay.
  22. T Bolt

I am looking for the air cleaner that is in the T Bolt kit. Someone use to sell them but I don't remember who. Thanks Mike
  23. Styrene Kit Tires

As a side note, I have at least one old AMT kit--I think it's the '66 Mustang HT/convertible annual--that has styrene sidewall overlays to be used with the kit's regular Firestone Supreme vinyls. This gave a wider-looking tire with the possibility of sanding or scraping off the white lettering. Kind of a clever idea in the days before bigger, better tires started to appear in kits.
  24. 68 Roadrunner

Everybody above keeps saying nice. I'll go one step farther and say I think it's beautiful.
  25. Ted Musgrave

Very nicely done ..... that's a great looking car ..... beautiful work on the paint and decals.
  26. Despicable Me. (We are all kids at heart!)

I'm not a big fan of the vehicle itself. But, I can echo just about everything else others have said above. It's a very nice model. And if I don't really care for it, I'm glad to see it. You did a great job.
  1. Load more activity