[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 28 Ford Model A Parts Build

Here's an update! Ok, I couldn't find an engine that fit the mystery parts box frame, so I thought, "Why not try to fit a 32 Ford frame under the 28 Ford body?" (the differential housing got a little hot and melted a bit. No problem, I'll fix it so it looks like it got a good scraping on a speed bump) The rear fender assembly had a lot of glue on it, so I used sandpaper and a Swiss file to grind all the glue out. It's a really lousy fit and the 32 Ford frame is teetering under the 28 rear fender assembly. I thought Using a palm sander to grind down the extra height of the 32 Frame would help. I don't care about it digging through the frame, that's actually an area that's wood; now we have some rot. Nuts! Still not fitting... I've shaved the sides of the 32 frame, I've sanded off a lot of the top of the frame, I've scraped out the 28 fender assembly... Well, I'll remember this if I do this again; there's a small lip on each side of the underneath of the fender assembly. That's what's keeping the 32 frame from sitting snug. I used a sandpaper bit on my Dremel tool (the best present I've bought myself in years. If you don't have a newer, cordless, variable speed Dremel, get one) and scraped out the top of the 32 Ford frame at a 54 degree angle on each side. Now we're cookin'! A nice, snug fit. Now that the 1928 Model A body and fender assembly has a 1932 Model A frame underneath it, we've solved a few problems, the first being that several more modern engines, including flatheads can use the often shared mounting areas on the 32 Ford frame. Secondly, we get a much more sturdy foundation for our vehicle, plus the rear sits up a little higher which gives us a little tougher stance. This is where I'm at. Looking forward to some nice, warmer days when I can prime and paint.
  3. 1967 Mercury Puma GT

I like this Keith. Would have taken sales away from the Mustang if they did this back in the day.
  4. What Irked You Today?

hate to be a spoiler, but Primewells are an asian tire..... they are owned by the Giti tire group out of Singapore. almost all their manufacturing is done in china. they have 8 plants there, and just recently opened one plant in the States. it's not surprising the inside of your tire went, Primewell has recalled 400 000 tires for cracking and losing air on the inside of the tire (as you mention) A company that distributes Primewell brand tires is recalling more than 394,000 of them in the U.S. because the sidewalls can crack and lose air, increasing the risk of a crash. The recall covers certain Valera Touring II replacement passenger car tires distributed by California-based Giti Tire USA and sold at Firestone stores. The company says in documents posted Tuesday by the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that a crack can develop in the lower sidewall after being in use for several months. GITI says there have been no property damage or injury claims. In most cases the crack happens on the opposite side of the tire from the serial number, which normally is mounted on the inside. That can make the cracks difficult to detect. Tires sizes that are being recalled include 185/65R14 86H, 195/60R15 88H, 205/55R16 91H, 205/60R16 92V, 215/60R17 96H, and 235/60R17 102T. They were made by a company in Indonesia between April 1, 2015 and Dec. 31, 2016, according to the documents. Sizes can normally be found on a tire's sidewall. GITI says in the documents that the problem was discovered through "continuous monitoring of market signals." The company says 219 tires have been inspected to date and there have been no reports of air pressure loss. Owners will be notified and the affected tires will be replaced for free. The recall is expected to start July 20. Owners can call Giti customer service at 866-488-4737. https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/2017/07/11/primewell-tires-recall-sidewall-crack/469467001/
  5. 1998-2012 crown Vic?

www.policecarmodels.com Go tp blanks, no plastic... Jeff
  6. When I attended the 2013 IPMS Thin Air Nationals in Denver, took the tour to the Shelby museum, and the Clive Cussler collection. You have to enjoy the irony, of military focused IPMS having tours of car collections. Posting just a few pictures of the Shelby collection, which is a cooperative of several owners. Car #21 is very special, it's the test mule in unrestored condition. IMHO it's fairly easy to build a model that is clean and shiny, but take a look at the patina of that car.
  7. Boywer HAAS 14 17 18 Ford

All decals have been applied for the moment, up next is a coat of semi gloss clear then the last couple of decals. I thought I had placed an order for more tire decals, but I didnt make it past the very last step so I wont be able to get the tires done till next week.
  8. 1/20 Tamiya Lotus Type 79 Martini

Those are the kit moulded bolts...just highlighted gold, maybe a dark wash around them, can’t remember
  9. What Pleased You Today!

Customer service at its finest Panda Express‏Verified account @PandaExpress 12h12 hours ago Replying to @jonathan9268 Hi Jonathan. Sounds like we owe you some Teriyaki Sauce. Which location did you visit? DM me your address so we can make it right for you.
  10. Today
  11. Grampa's '40 Ford.

Very nice model. Asking Tulio for help worked out very well we see.
  12. Copperstate 1000 April 10 2016

I've seen a couple of those rallies. Long time ago a stop in Prescott, and another time at the start, and it was raining then too!
  13. Another Quick Poll

None of the above. Not enough money in sales for a Cheetah kit for it to be worthwhile in my opinion.
  14. Grampa's '40 Ford.

Well, Acrilex is craft acrylic, so, you can airbrush it, I guess. I brush paint with it. Goes very nicely. When I asked Túlio about the interior color, he told me something about Revell having the right color. Since I only have Acrilex paints, and he also uses this brand, he gave me the proportions to make the color. Now that I have a airbrush, i'll try to use it with this paint.
  15. Truck-A-Thon 2018

16. Another quick Pole

This really is a quick Pole Constance Darnowski Stoll, from the Greenpoint section of Brooklyn, was an AAU champion and St. John's University's first-ever track and field Olympian (Helsinki, 1952 and Melbourne, 1956) competing in the 80 metres hurdles.

That's the problem with hiring child labor.
  18. Tamiya 1/20 Ferrari SF70H

Tamiya included the masking tape to tape off the white portion of the fin. Yall should build one too! Enjoy
  19. Isn't there a worldwide law which states all round rollbar mounted lights must be KC HiLiTES? Nice work on this one, Robert. It absolutely has "the look".
  20. model king 72 blazer

I would advise against that, based on your earlier comment. Are you wanting to build a Sport Utility type vehicle? If you can give us a little more info regarding what you'd like to build, we can try to help you find a few good candidates. There are some really nice kits available, but also some older kits which aren't all that enjoyable to build, even for experienced modelers, so hopefully we can help you find a kit you'll enjoy.
  21. ONCE UPON A TIME..... (game)

of "spraying" Nitro
  22. Hobbico - BANKRUPT!

I've read the filing it's for the Hobbico name, Tower, Great Planes & the R/C companies. It does NOT include Revell. Nor Estes which is being sold for $6 million back to...Estes the original company, or some semblance thereof.
  23. building a fully detailed Pagani Huyara

Thanks, Jonathan, Dennis, and Mark......much appreciated!!
  24. ONCE UPON A TIME..... (game)

and blinding arcs
  25. building a fully detailed Pagani Huyara

Thanks, Gabor, i'm working on it.....may even be able to work on it tomorrow!....I will try
  26. 68 GTX grille

Thanks for the grill this is gonna help make my 68 S&M GTX look more correct
  1. Load more activity