[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 64 Lindberg Petty Plymouth

Looks great Tom.
  3. Junior Johnson #27 '61 Pontiac

Now that’s a beauty!!
  4. 64 Lindberg Petty Plymouth

Man Tom...you sure captured to look of that cool car! Great job...
  5. Has anyone built these?

Ran across these while watching Leno's Garage and the Meecum Auction. Didn't see any kits for them and was wondering if anyone try building one up? Found the Happy Days Rod at the Meecum Acutions And the GM Firebird III concept car on Leno's Garage
  6. Junior Johnson #27 '61 Pontiac

Great craftsmanship.....
  7. Henry J Gasser

Agreed. I've always had a soft spot for the subject, but the kit needs a lot of extra work if you want a really nice model.
  8. That looks super, Chuck. I like it.
  9. '32 Ford 5-window Coupe

Turned out very nice!
  10. Junior Johnson #27 '61 Pontiac

Finally finished up teh Junior Johnson Pontiac. I had started this one last fall, and ran into a few snags and put it aside. Decided to get it back out and finish it up. This is the Moebius Joe Weatherly kit.....decals are from Powerslide. Paint is Tamiya Metallic Red with Omni two part clear polished out. The basic construction of this kit is a breeze...but I had a terrible time wrapping it up. Mostly do to my own errors or from just rushing it. I wish I could have got a better fit of the front grill to the body. It isn't bad. But could be tighter. I also forgot the rear tail light covers and had to rip the body back off the chassis after it was glued on so I could install them from the inside. I've got another kit to build....next time I will spend some time on the bumpers and remove all the mold seems and then re-chrome them, or use Alcad. But anyway, it looks pretty good complete, and I was happy to get it done finally. Here's the WIP photos if interested.... http://public.fotki.com/ClayK/nascar_projects/junior-johnsons-27-/ Thanks for looking! Clay
  11. Dave at aitm casts and sells the challenge mixer currently
  12. Repsol Honda RC211V Valentino Rossi 46 Tamiya 1/12

thank you very much for your comment friend
  13. Phantom Buick Regal

Good looking race car !
  14. I had so much fun building the Pinto 4x4 wagon, I decided to try another one. The MPC body was cut down into a pickup body style, and perched on top of a Revell Bronco chassis. The Bronco 302 was retained but the EFI setup from a '92 Mercury Cougar was added. The plow is from the '77 GMC, and the '77 Arctic Cat El Tigre 6000 is from the Ice Patrol Jeep pickup.
  15. mc magazine issue number

16. 2018 Cannonball Run

Wow! That thing is huge ! I had to check from the box top picture that is it even 1/24 or 1/25 scale. Looks like I'll need to play with the pulleys on my Supercharged Chevy Stovebolt to get more boost on it in order to beat that monster.
  17. nice rebuild so far dan love the old dodge kit's but ya can't find them lol
  18. Thanks guys. I have a question about the intake. Should I run the 3 Weber carbs with the turbo or should I biuld a fuel injection system? let me know what you think would be best.
  19. The Supersonic has landed.

Eric, Yours was not the one I was referring to. I have considered making one myself but there are only 24 hours in a day.
  20. sanding

Sounds like you didn't put much orange down or really did a lot of sanding. Actually 4000 sounds like a polishing cloth. Surely, you weren't using 400?
  21. 2019 Ram

Not a big fan of them. They are better that the Chevy thoug. I personally think the last great truck was the 2nd gen 12 valve dodge.
  22. mc magazine issue number

Can someone please verify the issue# of the last Model Cars Magazine released. Thank You.
  23. Pay It Forward-Round 2-Let's have FUN!

Here are my offerings. The Lambo is open, but sealed inside and complete/unstarted. All others are still sealed.
  24. Questions about some old airplane kits.

Don't blame you. I would keep them too even though I'm not into planes. Amazing condition for being stored in the attic.
  25. Pay It Forward-Round 2-Let's have FUN!

To get this moving again, I will take the Duesenberg if still available.
  26. 2019 Ram

Hey...if you can't outsell 'em, copy 'em.
  1. Load more activity