Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I'd go with stitchdup's advice if you want to get it done with the least aggravation. None of the windows in that are compound-curves, so heat-forming isn't necessary. Single-curved "glass" made from colored clear sheet can be gently curved with your fingers well enough to hold its shape.
  3. Just got notified my BMF is being delivered today. I'm gonna finish this Bird tonight!
  4. David, not sure what your idea of a spreadsheet is(I have a couple spreadsheets with inventories of unbuilt kits)but it just made me realize I need to do something to keep better track of my builds. Keep thinking I’m close to paint (like the 41 Coupe) and then realize I still have to do xxxxxxx. Need to do something like those pseudo reality builds where I keep a list of things yet to be done. πŸ€”
  5. Pat, nice build up, well done, what is the color?
  6. Trying to tint the "glass" on any kit might best be approached with very light coats of any transparent colored paint. I have had fairly good results with very light dust coats of paint applied to the inside of the glass part. After masking the outside surface to prevent any overspray, I'll give a very light dusting on the inside mainly along the upper edge for an OEM type of tinting and a more even coat for something like a gasser. Waiting for a second or even a third coat after the first coat has setup. With the outside surface masked you will be able to see how dark the tint is getting after each coat by looking at the inside surface. Depending on the desired finish the glass can be dipped in Future Floor Wax to seal the color and add a high gloss to the finished glass.
  7. Nothing wrong with this build, I would drive it. Very nice color combo and clean engine compartment.
  8. My understanding is the Revell 63 non-glue kit (snap 🀫) is the most accurate. Then a few builders have put the chassis from the Revell 67 underneath to make it full detail. Not sure how involved you want to get, just throwing it out there.
  9. The inside of the cargo box is painted and the side panels attached. The cargo box rear door frame is attached. The hinges are designed into the frame.
  10. advice, is what my parents gave me, some of which I should have followed....
  11. David, those bumpers look so much better now. And the kit chrome was way too much as well. Looks more realistic. I’ll have to remember this next time I build one of these. 😊
  12. Just heard a rumor there is going to be an Ollie's opening in a former grocery store near me. There is one around 25 miles away, but this one will be only 8 miles away and is in the town where I do most of my shopping. Plus it is in the same strip mall as Harbor Freight, O'Reilleys, and my bank (oops).
  13. That’s a peach πŸ‘
  14. "Plan your work, work your plan" has always been excellent advice.
  15. No, blame it on the guy in the tie if you have to blame something (someone). πŸ€” Seriously, it looks fine, and how often do we get to see a nicely finished Talladega? πŸ‘
  16. Right on right on πŸ‘πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺ
  17. Gorgeous job on that black paint, well done. To make your build more accurate and unique, so many other builds are missing the New Zealand Silver Fern on the right fender. And the wheels...
  18. Saaaaaaay whaaaaaa? There's a difference? Noooooo waaaaaaaay. Alright I'm giving you a hard time because you're the new guy who decided to thud in here and try to explain the world. I know it won't be $106 on the shelf but... Pre-orders on this in Europe are running at $75 US, which doesn't account for shipping which would run around $15-20. Don't count on it being any cheaper on the kit price itself in the U.S. The current Revell business model no longer force ships RevellAG kits out to U.S. retailers, meaning hobby shops/online vendors have to specifically order in this stuff now. There is an overall large increase on upcoming RevellAG kits in general in 2024, and this tractor isn't something that would get a North American re-box kit at normal Revell U.S. prices.
  19. I think some kits, rocket launcher, are $19.99.....so maybe that is it. My store is down to 007 police cars and Barris Ricshaws. I(f they mark down the police kits I may bite.....
  20. Thanks James. Yeah, just part of the process I guess. Round 2 coming up.
  21. Bandai 1:72 X-Wing being done as General Antoc Merrick in Rogue One. Sub assemblies are ready for penciled in panel lines and then Tamiya Panel Line Accent washes in both black and brown. As usual the sub assemblies were based in Mr Surfacer 1500 Gray followed by SMS Classic White. SMS Haze Gray was used for several of the panels and the other panels were mixes of SMS colors to get the shades I was looking for. The blue fuselage stripes and wing markings are Gravity Ford Grabber Blue straight from the bottle. Panel lines in progress on the wings
  22. Cool! One of the guys on my crew used to own a metrology business. Very smart guy. Probably the best programmer I ever met. I don’t get nearly enough time on the cmm anymore. I supervise the lab now and that takes up the majority of my day. But I used to program full time.
  1. Load more activity