[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Offline for a bit Sunday Morning   02/12/2018

I'm taking the board offline for an hour or so, at 9 AM PST on Sunday. See announcement in General for more information

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. ONCE UPON A TIME..... (game)

across Uranus skyline
  3. Various Kits to Trade - New List of Wants

WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR THE 70.5 BALDWIN.THANKS SKULLMAN I BASH ALSO
  4. By Pledge, do you mean Future? If so, applying BMF before or after the clear coat is a personal choice. You can do it either way. Personally I prefer to apply the BMF after clear. Which ever way you choose, it's windows last.
  5. New Pro Mod Camaro from Reliable Resin...new pics 9-07-2006!

I AM READY FOR IT THANKS,SKULLMAN
  6. `Polished Plastic ; Please Share'

The '67 Chevelle that I'm polishing has a few swirls and such in its moulding , but I'm not going to let that deter me --- I just want to try something different (and , besides , it's a pain to spray paint anything when one lives in an apartment !) . The 1969 Z-28 that I bought is moulded in the same metallic blue ; it has an equal amount of swirls . My plans for that one are : as-moulded blue interior swapped-into the L72 / ZL1 COPO kit , whose white body will be polished .
  7. 1959 Ford Skyliner - Revell

Nice build and great colour. Congratulations on completing this difficult build. Very impressive indeed. I have one of these in my stash of kits which I would love to build but keep putting it off due to its difficulty. Seeing your build has inspired me to give this kit a try.
  8. Today
  9. `Polished Plastic ; Please Share'

I see it all of the time. It usually will manifest it's self as a line running across a large panel area like a hood or roof. Just as an example, this Revell '64 T-Bolt has several of them Molded in non-metallic maroon, there is a large "Y" shaped one running through the center of the roof, another diagonally through the drivers side c-pillar, & one running the entire width of the trailing edge of the trunk lid. There's also a small one running through the rear of the drivers side door. Some of these might polish out, but I wouldn't bet on it. This is the first kit that I checked for this anomaly. Steve
  10. 70 Javelin Mark Donahue

Awesome work here!i've got a couple of these myself one's complete but the other needs parts,i have the fred cady decal sheet but all the decals are there,i did notice the white stripes are a little hard to see.
  11. Looking for a few kits

No dice Steven?
  12. 70 Javelin Mark Donahue

The rest was also cast by myself from a mint 68 Javelin kit I bought. I used those parts to cast up just about all the parts to a 69 Javelin. 69 Body was from a promo as the hood is molded in. The chassis and all the under hood parts were cast from this. I had learned a lot doing this and also learned that it was a lot of work and that it was better to start with the best rebuilder you can. Plus I learned how much work goes into casting and can appreciate what resin casters do to offer parts and kits. Please don't ask for these parts as they are gone and the molds have shrunk a bit. I keep watching ebay and every now and then I get lucky and score a good rebuilder but really miss Modelhaus!
  13. Testors spray enamel

I used to set parts on the hearth in front of my gas fireplace for this purpose. Worked pretty well. Steve
  14. 70 Javelin Mark Donahue

I had no interior. So I picked up this promo and made a mold and cast the interior tub from it. Glass was cracked so that was no use to me. I also got a dash from Missing Link from the AMX kit that they offered. Shifter and steering wheel came from Modelhaus.
  15. Forum Outage Planned for this Sunday

16. Coming along great Jeff! You'll be putting "Under Glass" in no time.
  17. 70 Javelin Mark Donahue

This particular build is almost all resin. I have worked with resin before and have done my own casting and learned a lot. here is what I started with: This was a Decon Resin offering that I literally ran into in a local hobby shop. I did not know it was even offered. Body is stock but had no emblems, Bumpers were not plaited and the rear bumper is missing the Javelin plate. Glass was vacuum formed. I replaced both bumpers with Modelhaus chromed ones along with a 71-74 spoiler also from Modelhaus.
  18. 70 Javelin Mark Donahue

Pretty much what it is. They made 100 of these Trans Am versions as they were called. Hardest part is the special rear spoiler but I think I know how I'm going to do it.
  19. ISO 69 Roadrunner

best bet is to grab the current dirty donny 69 GTX and hit up HartsParts Resin for the roadrunner grille and hood. thats what I did
  20. Forum Outage Planned for this Sunday

Yes, it's the 18th. I tried editing the original post, and I get a 404 error. My irony meter is pegged.
  21. Tamiya BMW Z3

Off to a great start. Well done.
  22. 1/25 Revell Baja Bronco

The "Front Fender Flange Trim" maybe??
  23. Station Wagon Kits

MPC 1979 Pinto Wagon (also 1978, but 79 was just re-released) AMT Pacer wagon Lots of Japanese wagons but none that I can think of older than 1980...
  24. Station Wagon Kits

AMT 1963 Nova wagon Jo-Han 1961 Olds wagon Jo-Han 1960 Plymouth Wagon AMT 1961 Buick wagon Hubley 1962 Ford wagon uh... AMT 1960 Chevy wagon Jo-Han Cadillac Hearse/ambulance Jo-Han 1959 Rambler wagon
  25. Mild custom 56 300

The first Moebius kit I’ve built. WOW what an excellent kit. Totally out of my norm. Probably the third fifties car I’ve built in 45 years of model building. Turning out to be one of my favorites ever.
  26. Sorry i missed you there. I had to take a walk occasionally as I threw out my back and needed to try and get it back to semi normal.
  27. Round2 for 2018

This has also not been reissued since the Stevens International release in 2008.
  1. Load more activity