Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. There are many products readily available to help with this. I use this product on almost everything I'm trying to tarnish, but there are many similar products. I got mine from a stained glass store but there are similar products at larger hobby stores that offer metal craft, glass cutting or soldering products. Some nice brass, like hinges or clasps sometimes have a clear coat protective layer which will need to be stripped off. Acetone works for that. These are some drywall anchors I blackened for a steampunk nerf gun blaster.
  3. Time for another Mopar This time, the Charger's little brother - Dart Thinking of doing a vinyl roof (havent done this before) or maybe a two tone painjob? Dont know yet. I have an idea for the bodypaint - again, pretty unusal color for this car, but maybe it will look good. We'll see.
  4. Tails, at least vestigial traces, are still in evidence on some members of homo sapiens.
  5. I have these 2. You can have them if you want. I don't know where they came from. Mike
  6. This one 300016001_Honda_CB750_Four.pdf (simba-dickie-group.de)
  7. The guys at Atlantis are good friends with Ed and the folks who ran "Hobbico Revell", so they'd know first hand how well those Renewal reissues sold when they were done 10 years ago. If they were dead stock - honestly none of that military stuff appealed enough for me to pay attention to it - then chances are it won't see the light of day for quite awhile.
  8. Snake Prudhomme Monza - cleaned up all the mold lines on the body and stripped the chrome.
  9. Thank you for your compliments. I leave you the link to my blog where the Detroit diesel 60 engine marketed by Pasquale is published. You will find all the photos, instructions and my construction. Thank you all! https://debemodels.blogspot.com/2024/03/motore-detroit-diesel-serie-60-scala.html
  10. brigade of poo flingers of nearly 1000 attacked the cat embassy leaving only tales of tails.
  11. Poo to the left of them, poo to the right of them, into the valley of poo rode the gallant scooper brigade.
  12. For Pete sake, clean up that cat poo!
  13. Another question about the Duel truck. When the truck is down in the ravine, the back side of the cab can be clearly seen. I've drawn what I see in the righthand picture. It looks like a sliding panel rear window, different from the later window, like in the AMT kit. Some kind of mounting of the swamp cooler is also visible. I could find only very few Peterbilts with this rear window setup. Here's a screenshot from a YouTube video. My question: what is the part on the right side? Is it a sliding panel maybe? But why? Rob
  14. Still intermittently hanging. Sometimes have to close the link and reopen it to get it to work.
  15. The low stance looks just fine to me!!
  16. This one came in with a buncha other stuff, mostly broken but salvageable. It had some broken steps I'll have to fabricate, as the pieces are long gone, and missing railings, but I'll be upgrading them along with their stanchions anyway, so no biggie. And as far as I'm currently aware, Santa Fe never owned any, but she'll be getting repainted after the repairs/upgrades. It's a Mehano-made HO scale Alco C-415 high-cab switcher. Only 26 were made in reality, so it's a kinda rare beast. Real ones could be had with three different cab heights, and this is the highest...making it even more rare in reality. It was filthy and didn't run, but I was pleasantly surprised to find it has a geared 8-wheel drive system. A Q&D cleaning, and light servicing of the electrical pickups and brushes, and she moves again...and gives every indication of being a smooth, strong puller after a complete service. EDIT: Just for reference, this is the same model that has been upgraded with more correct pilots, custom paint, frame-mounted Kadee couplers, almost-scale-correct railings, and numerous other details. Just about as nice looking as a brass one costing well over a thousand bucks.
  17. ..........Saturday, April 27th? Are you setting up a table? If so, perhaps I'll stop bye and drop some coin on ya........LOL!!!!
  18. Today
  19. Thanks Ricky,you can see the full build in the Work In Progress section
  20. I'm interested in the AMT 3 in 1 boat kit. First model I ever built, in 1959. PM me if still available, and what you might like in trade.
  21. Bob.......I've got about a 45 minute drive up to NNL East next weekend. Maybe see you there?
  22. I also thought that something looked off with it too but bit the bullet and ordered one. I’ve also ordered myself a 3d printed XW/XY too as a back up
  23. A masterpiece of re-engineering and finishing skills. Very well done. Congratulations on another finished project Pierre.
  24. Finally finished! After looking at the photos, I noticed the hood is not sitting quite right. Anyone else have this problem, and is there a fix? Included a comparison shot with a stock 39 I picked up at a flea market. Final touch- pulling a teardrop trailer!
  1. Load more activity