Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. love it! the required work doesn't make me want to build one but the results certainly do. awesome job!
  3. Very cool! Thanks for sharing.
  4. There is a lot of Group 5 slot cars which our club races. This is just one example of a KOOL Bug. Mike
  5. I agree. I'll add that full fendered rods also look better that way.
  6. Awesome looking truck. That bright red really pops. Just beautiful.
  7. Who knows what is buried in those boxes. Please keep us informed if you purchase it. Would your own website be a possibility? Mike
  8. Well you built a very nice little truck there Harry. Everything is so clean. Despite all the troubles, you ended up with a real nice Chevy.
  9. As much as I loved the freight oriented tractors 4070, White Freightliner, Titan/Astro. Mack, Ford W series, anything White Motors etc back as a kid in the mid 1970’s. The W Series from KW also was a favorite. KW’s, Pete’s were nice but seemed to be West of the Hudson River as far as I thought. However when you saw them on the NYS Thruway or on the pages of Owner Operator Magazine your heart skipped a beat. Want to see more of this model. Well done.
  10. You fought the good fight & came out on top. Very well done.
  11. flow master exhaust systems look good in the undercarriage.
  12. Beautiful piece. The set up is perfect for as it shows the car in it's natural habitat. The weathering is spot on.
  13. How about a model car related "irk". I was painting a '34 Ford truck and it popped off the spring loaded stand I was holding. It went directly into the trash can underneath... My fault completely... I need a better area to paint and I should have taped the body to the stand. I know better. At least it was before clear coat and I can fix it fairly easy.
  14. Make sure you really get plastic that can be glued with the glue you want to use, I was stupid and bought some round no name styrene profiles instead of Plastruct or Evergreen, sure they were cheaper but my usual Revell glue does not bite and hardly even CA glue.
  15. That seems to be par for the course for offshore sourced aftermarket parts, especially the stuff that is relabeled for sale by places like Jegs and Summitt. You should see the fake Mopar ECU ignition boxes with the fake transistor on the front so it looks like the reliable ECU that Chrysler used to sell. That may be just one bad piece... I would expect that they are machined flat and then drilled in a CNC... Or they are drilled with a clamp on jig with a drill press. Either way, something moved mid process.
  16. Beautiful kits, beautiful work, maybe the coolest side-gig ever (to a model geek, anyway).
  17. Did you build any planes that were flown by a specific piolet? Mike
  18. Outstanding! Great weathering.
  19. Not getting much bench time but I did manage to get the front filled in. I still need to putty it and sand it smooth. I have also mounted the front and rear axles on top of the leaf springs.
  20. "Sense" wasn't required to post IIRC, just a "sentence", which is widely disregarded, so just go with the flow.
  21. Sure hope you can find a way to save it. Pretty nice layout for 3-rail O-scale enthusiasts. Sadly, most everything like this ends up scattered, or worse, in a landfill when the last old guy passes on. At current asking-prices, the $5k is cheap for everything that's there.
  22. Thanks! 😀 We'll see how they come out when they're painted. 🙈
  23. Parts of this thread don’t make sense…
  1. Load more activity