[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I'm embarrassed to say I missed that post Very fine work!
  3. Wait a second! Gary has a Website?
  4. 1969 Dodge “Country Charger” R/T by round2

That is a sweet ride. If I had an urge to do a Charger, it would be something along those line. I was never a fan of DoH, but I certainly don't begrudge anyone who wants to build a General Lee, but if Warner Bros doesn't want to play, there's not much Round 2 can do about it.
  5. Rats! There is always something. Would you believe me if I told you that 55 was the year they used a clear glass beaded edge around its windows?
  6. Photo-etch mesh

Check out Royal Model (6 types of mesh screen) or Aber (26 varieties Catalog Nos. S-01to S-26).
  7. 1958 Imperial Southampton

I agree!
  8. lets do our own 36 coupe chop

Nice results. What are you using for filler?
  9. 1969 Dodge “Country Charger” R/T by round2

Some people just don't get it. Many times showing mine I make an off handed remark when some one comments on how it turned out. "Yeah, not a lot of trouble, just had a tough time getttin' the flag off the roof." I'm the second owner. Got it from my Mother In Law, thanks Mom.
  10. How do you touch up chrome parts?

Another option is to remove nub from cutting off tree. Put a dab of alclad black and let dry and the a dab of alclad chrome.
  11. Yesterday
  12. I always liked those Scouts, didn't like the way the rear sat on the ground though.
  13. I did my own, I described the process in the build thread, second from the bottom:
  14. I've been using a Silver Sharpie, but those Molotows have gotten such rave reviews here that I had to break down and buy one (they're expensive and not easy to find), though I haven't used it yet.
  15. What do you drive?

These are two I drive(along with the Chevy service van) changes which one like the weather. Ford 2000 F350 2WD 7.3 Powerstroke Sterling 2004 with 8.3 Cummins
  16. Lil' Red Corvettes

Jim, I like these so much--especially that '63--that I've returned to this thread several times to look at them again. Today I realized it might be fun to pay tribute to your collection by trying to replicate this photo with three of my own LRCs. Mine are all stock and not nearly as nice as yours, but it was fun to try to try to replicate your pic. Hope you don't mind! Revell '63 Snapper, unpainted polished red plastic; AMT '70 snapper curbside, unpainted polished red plastic; unmodified 2005 cheap diecast.
  17. Moebius California Flash

I believe that this is the one your speaking of.
  18. Liberty Walk R35 GTR

Another beauty from your garage! Nicely done.
  19. 1995 McLaren F1 GTR Le Mans #51 Harrod’s

Looks great in that livery, well done!
  20. 1995 McLaren F1 GTR Le Mans #51 Harrod’s

Great work, on what is a pretty average kit from Fujimi!
  21. Ferrari F12

Looking Good!
  22. Photo-etch mesh

Fabulous idea! I'm going to look for one of those next week. Thanks!
  23. Looks like the Revell tire on the left and the AMT on the right. Very cool there is an easy source to find them.
  24. RocketWagen

Really looking forward to seeing more on this. I really enjoy your creativity.
  25. 1929 Model a Ford power unit

Looks really good. What technique did you use on the wheels? They look great.
  26. Thanks a lot guys! Steven, that engine looks great!
  27. What did you get today?

Good luck with the Createx products. I've bought up several and am trying them as well. I sprayed some Wicked Blue mixed with Createx 4030 balancing clear and Createx 4012 (W500) reducer. It laid down and leveled nicely. I wasn't trying for a perfect paint job, just wanted to see how it sprayed. I highly recommend using the 4030 and 4012 (W500). There are several videos on Youtube that really helped me. I highly recommend them because Createx is definitely a different animal. I've read here that the black and white are especially hard to spray but then I don't know if they were using the Createx balancing clear and reducer. I've tried using acrylics with home made reducers and the had poor to bad results. I hope to spray a full car this week and I'll start a thread about the paint then.
  1. Load more activity