[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Offline for a bit Sunday Morning   02/12/2018

I'm taking the board offline for an hour or so, at 9 AM PST on Sunday. See announcement in General for more information

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Dewcision 2016

Wow !! great looking builds. Thank you for posting your builds
  3. AMT Parts Packs - Your Ideas & Suggestions?

Would be interesting to see if AMT could pull that off.
  4. AMT Parts Packs - Your Ideas & Suggestions?

Both AMT and Revell tried some generic and cut-to-length parts-packs of those, and I believe they were poor sellers even when new in the way-back. They're still among the cheapest in the vintage parts lists.
  5. AMT Parts Packs - Your Ideas & Suggestions?

Adding modern parts would make no sense, but I think a parts pack consisting of only air cleaners is a bit too specific. I find the four style pie crust slicks parts packs are guilty of that-- who wants to use twin pinstripe slicks that nobody ever saw on anything bu the Munster's Koach? Those seem to kill some of the value, but I guess if the air cleaner set consisted of six of those Cal Custom carb scoops, a Cadillac air cleaner like in the attached image, and what else would be included? With parts this small, you'd have room for a lot.
  6. ONCE UPON A TIME..... (game)

Mars and Venus
  7. Western Star 5964 Constellation

Very nice!! I like the color!!
  8. KW aerodyne wrecker - decal time !!!

Looks Awesome to me!!!
  9. AMT Parts Packs - Your Ideas & Suggestions?

What about hot rod grills.
  10. AMT Parts Packs - Your Ideas & Suggestions?

Here's another one I'd buy 20 of: "Juice" brake backing plates for traditional hot-rods (the '48 Ford is the real-world go-to)... on the same sprue as finned brake drums modeled on the old Buick parts, plus a couple of Ford ('37) top-shift transmissions, and a '37 LsSalle and Packard as well. Stick a few generic cut-to length engine and trans mounts on the same sprue too.
  11. '69 Chevy Nova SS

Here's my latest build. Revell Special Edition '69 Chevy Nova SS. I built it as if I had found an old race version and restored it to be a street legal car. Overall, happy with it. Interior hand painted My first attempt at a 2-tone colour with "rattle cans". Also, I tried using Rustoleum Painters Touch Clear Gloss. I think I over applied on the hood, and almost over applied on the body. (I was trying to rush maybe) Let me know what you guys think
  12. Bill Elliott Mac Tonight Decals

I'm looking for the aftermarket decal sheet Mac Tonight Bill Elliott Thunderbird, any help would be great thanks jeff.
  13. SLOW BUILDER

LOL, three years? Try over thirty! I built the chassis and engine on this back in the eighties and just finished it a few months back.
  14. Highway thru Hell

Looking forward to another season ! Wow that boulder destroyed that rig hopefully the driver was ok
  15. AMT Parts Packs - Your Ideas & Suggestions?

BTW how does one call these perforated metal plates you put under your tires when stuck in the mud?
  16. Weber Intake and Carbs For 289

I don't think any of these parts are from the AMT 289 Cobra kit, but they do look like they'd work on a small V8, and the carbs seem to match the manifold on the right: You're welcome to it all if you think it'll work for what you have planned, Elvin.
  17. SLOW BUILDER

Yup completely normal ! Life has a way of derailing projects
  18. AMT Parts Packs - Your Ideas & Suggestions?

Here's one I'd personally buy 20 of: Quick-change rear ends, on the same sprue as transverse leaf springs to convert hot-rods to traditional rear suspension... on the same sprue as I-beam front axles and transverse AND gasser-style front leaf springs. These would have applications for many old-school street as well as race cars.
  19. Weber Intake and Carbs For 289

Thanks Pat that is a good looking set up but I just hate to use it on a Ford motor. I am going to buy one for future build.
  20. KW aerodyne wrecker - decal time !!!

Thanks it's some left over etch from a Stryker MGS . I'll add the NYR letters to it soon
  21. Beginner paint question

Hey there you just have to find out whats works, i by no means am a paint guy ,but i DO believe what steve says about using flat paints ,,thats exactly what id do with the exception i use strickly the cheap acrylics that i get from micheals craft ,something like 80 cents a bottle, it took me about a couple weeks to figure out the mixture but i just kept on righting things down and finally found that MAGIC ratio and the right medium,once done with color i hit it with a few coats of duplicolor clear ,let it dry in the dehydrator for 2 days ,then color sand it ,,,to me thats when the color comes out is when color sanding,,may be a few more steps than some others use ,but thats what works for me,,a big PLUS is i no longer have to deal with ALL the fumes,and that made everyone in house HAPPY,, If you feel like it do a search on here and everything i posted IS the cheap acrylic craft paint jobs
  22. Tamiya McLaren Mercedes SLR 722

Mooie heldere kleur blauw!
  23. AMT Parts Packs - Your Ideas & Suggestions?

A nice set of wire wheels. A 351 Cleveland would be nice. Hop up parts from the 40's - the 70's would be nice. Not sure how to go about that break up though. Some Photo Etch parts like brackets for Alternator and power steering pump would be nice. How about some suspension parts like a straight axle, rear end parts for drag cars. Wheel tubs maybe.
  24. 40 Ford coupe and sedan

Found enough parts to build a sedan and coupe with plenty of extra parts,they will probably be next winters projects since I should be out in the garage soon and have a couple to finish.
  1. Load more activity