[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Stretched Revell kw k100 updated nov 23 2017

Made the rear bumper and exhaust brackets yesterday
  3. new for 2018

If we're in the mood for historically-accurate films and the automobiles therein ; how about the cars from Dazed & Confused ? Talk about eye candy !
  4. 1977 Mustang II

Great job making a so-so car look great !
  5. 68` Pontiac Firebird 400

Sharp Firebird , love that color !
  6. 1965 chevell ss

yes photo etch
  7. Awesome ..! Thanks for the heads up...!
  8. 2018 Cannonball Run

I think you could fit my Mini into your crankcase.
  9. 2019 Ram

From what I've read in another article, there will be a monochromatic package similar to the old Sport trim that will be available on a few of the trim levels, rather than being it's own trim level.
  10. 1924 Delage GP - a what ?

Lookin' good.
  11. Buick Brothers

Are you going to cast these ?
  12. 2019 Ram

It's just me, but I think all of the newer trucks regardless of manufacture have just gotten to big and all look like Tonks Trucks on steroids. I have owned full size 1/2 ton pickups thru the years but the newer ones are just seem overdone to me. If, and that's a very big if, I were going to get a new truck I would look at the Dodge and the GM offerings. While I have owned Ford pickups they were from the mid '50's and the time frame was the mid to late '60's. Traded my '60's El Camino for a '74 Chevy C-10 Step Side and customized it to my liking. This was replaced by a '79 Chevy. Step Side that I also customized and was used to tow a Ski Boat. The last one was a '95 Chevy X-Cab short bed that I also lowered and built a 383 Stroker Motor for it added the usual wheels and tires, sold it in 2010. That truck was like docking a boat when you tried to park it. My point is that the new trucks make the '95 look like a Mini Truck in size difference. These things have grown to the point that the DMV should have to test and issue special drivers licenses to anyone wanting to drive one of these things.
  13. Post pics of your fave paint jobs!

How are you avoiding ghost lines with the Duplicolor paints? It’s kept me from painting bodies with their colors for a while now. Ill sand down the mold lines and cover them completely with my primer(usually Tamiya). But a few coats of paint later the mold lines reappear through the paint and I don’t know how to stop it.
  14. The Turbine

Great video. I would like to have the original kit as well.
  15. The Supersonic has landed.

One of my worries was how prominent the 3d printed material layering would be on a chrome surface. With this material, only several light coats of primer and fine sanding will produce a surface that smooth enough for Alclad chrome.
  16. Another track closing

After many years of rumors of it closing, it appears Raceway Park in Englishtown NJ is shutting down the dragstrip. Supposedly they are leasing out to an auto auction for car storage. I wonder where the Summernationals will be held?
  17. The M972 Flatbed/w Excavator

Very accurate paint work Charles! What medium (paints) are you working with here?
  18. It's snowing down in Dixie...

All the snow was gone here after the warmup last week, but then we got a bunch of fresh power Friday night and Saturday, then again Monday. Sunny and 9F this morning, supposed to be in the 40s by the weekend here in Cleveland...
  19. White Road Boss & Logging Trailer

Outstanding build. Love it.
  20. 2019 Ram

I like the looks of the new Ram--it's the cleanest of the big 3--the Ford and Chevy front-end styling is too overdone, IMO...I like that 12-inch UConnect screen, hopefully Jeeps will get that eventually (when I'm ready for my next Grand Cherokee).
  21. The M972 Flatbed/w Excavator

Thanks Slusher
  22. The M972 Flatbed/w Excavator

Thanks. Although , this is not the original Trumpeter kit. I just heavily modified the kit and added scratch built and kit-bashed parts. The kit should have looked like this:
  23. new for 2018

I agree with you on the Grease movie cars. Who ever the advisor was had little or no knowledge of what the cars would have looked like in the time frame of the movie. The movie it's self was very entertaining some of the props used were lacking. Of course LNJ was enough to make someone leave and write bad checks but that's another matter. As for American Graffiti that was dead on in almost every level you can think of. I'm of a generation that can relate to that movie in every way and the cars were perfect . I feel that at sometime in my high school years I knew each and everyone of the characters in that movie.
  24. The M972 Flatbed/w Excavator

Thank you kindly.
  25. 2019 Ram

You should give me a call, I can get you that truck! You'll never find it on a dealer lot, but we can order base trucks that are VERY base, especially if you can order it using a fleet code. I have many clients that do just that, and I'm always surprised that dealers wouldn't order just one like this to use as an advertiser. Something dirt cheap to put in their newspaper ads or whatever, to get people in the door. Rubber flooring, vinyl seats with no power controls, crank windows, manual mirrors and locks, no remote entry, steel wheels, no chrome, no satellite radio, am/fm radio only, no wi-fi, no cruise control, no touch screens, no multi-colour instrument panel displays, no LED/HID lighting. The only thing not optional that might be deemed a little extraneous would be the AC. Heck, want it without a trailer hitch? No problem. Want to delete the rear bumper and all the badging? Piece of cake. You want a zipper truck? No problem!
  26. It's snowing down in Dixie...

2 inches of dry powder last night. Dry snow doesn't stick to tree branches and take down power lines, so everyone's warm, but everything's closed, almost zero traffic out. Today's high is only forecast to be in the low 20s, so there won't be much melting, and what does melt on the roads will refreeze. This is the first time I recall more than one snow "event" with any accumulation in any given winter since I got here in 1969.
  1. Load more activity