[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 1953 Hudson Hornet Lowrider

Very nice! I bet changing the rear wheels is a challenge!
  3. 1/25 AMT 1969 Olds W-30 442

I'd consider getting this just for the fresh decals (and alright maybe tires) and then selling off my old 199x AMT/Ertl boxing that I searched high and low for about 3 years ago to find it at something that wasn't the cost of my monthly electric bill.
  4. 69 Corvette 427

Thanks guys. Glad I could inspire you Snake. I was inspired when I saw Kelson's. That box art just didn't look right but I almost got it too low.make sure you paint the entire underside of the interior bucket. You can see bare plastic around the rear wheel wells if you.look close enough. George- Thanks again for the help. With what you sent I now have enough to build another using a built up one that I was given a while back. It was missing quite a bit. I WILL send you some more for all of the help Later-
  5. Tamiya Volvo 850 questions?

I believe it's an Italeri kit, at least I can't find an older boxing of it from their original offering in the 1980s. It was reboxed as the easier to find Testors kits, and RevellAG did a boxing of it during the 80s as well. Here's a build of the Revell boxing - in what Google Translate tells me is Finnish http://www.pienoismallit.net/galleria/malli_7246/
  6. Which Countach is the better kit?

Their "discount" price (before the additional 40% off) is still MORE than the U.S. MSRP of that kit (which is $54.99). I loathe places like Sprue Brothers and Squadron who make up phony ridiculously marked up prices, and then "discount" them down to around the ACTUAL MSRP and pretend you're getting a deal. $33 is a nice U.S. price for that kit, but I again I wouldn't support a bunch of borderline frauds in the first place.
  7. The family race car (update 2/24/2018)

I started thinking about the engine today and I am stumped on the colour for it. I have 3 ideas in mind either orange, black or turquoise? (I am leaning toward turquoise) but what do you guys think.
  8. Canadian Hobby Shops

No argument there, about going in person. We're still lucky enough to have a few decent hobby stores here. Chinook Hobbies is still around, as is Model Land. Don's Hobby Shop seems to have gone completely over to costumes and theatrical supplies. There's also Action Hobby, though I''ve never visited. that one. Model Land's TV ad still gets a chuckle from me.
  9. Ted Musgrave

Very nice work
  10. Comet Cyclone Funny Car

Amazing save, looks spot on.
  11. 69 Corvette 427

Beautiful build. Great color and love the red lines.
  12. What non-auto model did you get today?

Ha! Great minds, or something. If that's the softcover "Playa Giron" by Santiago Rivas, I also got it recently. The pic of the M-41 I posted is on Page 12 of the color art section. Two future builds I'd like to do on that subject are the Hobbycraft 1/48 Sea Fury and an A-26 Invader. The A-26 has always been one of my favorite aircraft.
  13. What did you get today?

Picked this up at a vintage toy store in Cole Camp,Mo this afternoon.....
  14. Tamiya Volvo 850 questions?

I've not seen that before, Esci, Italeri? Makes more sense than the 850.
  15. 69 Corvette 427

Great looking Vette, love that Inca gold.
  16. 69 Corvette 427

That turned out super sweet, Tom!!! Glad I could help!
  17. Tamiya Mazda 787b

Wowzers that paintjob looks awsome! faces in the body aint my thing but sure takes alot of patience and craftmanship to add that many so kudo's on that anyways!
  18. Today
  19. An exercise in fabrication - 426 Hemi

OK, my second attempt at casting something. Made the mold with modeling clay. Poured some resin. that is awful stuff. It has isocyanates in it. You need all the PPE.
  20. 69 Corvette 427

Beautiful! Thanks for the heads-up about the high sit. Inspired by your build, I started working on one of these, and have it just about ready for paint.
  21. ONCE UPON A TIME..... (game)

and missing everything
  22. Canadian Hobby Shops

100% agree with this. Ivan at Wheels & Wings has been great to deal with. I've ordered quite a few kits from then. Just find what you want, the call or email to see if they have it. I haven't been disappointed yet! PM Hobbycraft in Calgary is good, but their webstore isn't as good as being there in person. Same goes for Hobby Wholesale in Edmonton, who are sadly the onyl real hobby store left here. City of over a million people, one hobby store.
  23. Comet Cyclone Funny Car

That's a nice save Mike as it's lookin' good, and I believe that I have that kit in my "stash" somewhere.
  24. What Pleased You Today!

That is the "greatest gift" you can give your children and grand children is YOUR time.
  25. COuldn't find one last night. Will see what I can turn up.
  26. Can't have a Cobra . . .

If you're talking about the Lindberg 1/32 Cobra coupe, that one is pretty horrible. It's about five pieces of plastic that, if you squint really hard, kind of looks a little like a Cobra coupe.
  1. Load more activity