[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 70 Dodge Charger R/T

Very sharp.
  3. What AMT/MPC Molds Might Still Exist at Round 2?

Now I'm curious what the bottom mold on the pallet is...clearly the AMT '60 Chevy Wagon Craftsman kit.
  4. What AMT/MPC Molds Might Still Exist at Round 2?

OH ! You're talking about the Indoor race track debacle . I Was thinking The one at 43rd and Bell.
  5. What AMT/MPC Molds Might Still Exist at Round 2?

Yep. Close to a year. Russ
  6. What AMT/MPC Molds Might Still Exist at Round 2?

It's gone? drive by there a lot didn't notice.
  7. ONCE UPON A TIME..... (game)

Danger Will Robinson....!
  8. I believe this.They were in survival mode. Besides , they had to pay taxes on non-performing inventory. Better to scrap what costs money than what pays you money.
  9. 70 Dodge Charger R/T

Very nice, i like your interior works.. I have seen your models on this site and every interior really looks good.. Engines on your builds are not bad either.. Over all looks are very realistic! Keep up great work!
  10. ONCE UPON A TIME..... (game)

large nose nostril
  11. Bill Mitchell's Corvette Sting Ray

X2. I've been measuring and hacking a Stingray body to get there...very interested in yours.
  12. My cars over the years

Wow John you've had some fantastic cars during the years! Needless to say that my favorites are the '60 and '63 Impalas, do you have more pictures of them? Especially that 1960 looks just right as it is. Here is a picture of my '60 Impala.
  13. You can stroke just about any engine the old-school way, by welding up the rod journals and re-grinding them with their centers farther from the crank centerline. OR...you can machine a custom "stroker" crank from billet. That's the way it was done before everything was ordered from catalogs. NOTE: The 354 displacement of this kit was never offered from the factory. It's been running with the wrong displacement on the package since the '60s. It's actually a bored 331.
  14. Bill Mitchell's Corvette Sting Ray

Beautiful build Gary. How did you accomplish the Corvette?
  15. I lied. THERE ARE ACTUALLY TWO SETUPS IN THAT KIT...ONE WITH 4 CARBS, ONE WITH SIX...
  16. 70 Buick Wildcat convertible finished

That looks like it was worth the wait. Very nice!
  17. Cool. I'll get one. Bonus question: Real world, is there a stroker kit for these early Caddy engines? IIRC, there was mention a 441ci Caddy in Hot Rod magazine not so long ago. Something about it being built for a guy who never picked it up. Wondering if that was the early engine or the '63 and later one. It's for Revell's '29 Roadster on Deuce rails. Thanks again.
  18. 63 Cobra from the Racing Team Kit

Nice work Joe. I built the same Cobra, used after market decals to get all the required #9s and roundels needed.
  19. if you want to watch some drag racing (non nhra)

All of those Vintage Drag Race videos are the best (If we take out NHRA videos). Gassers, Front Engine Dragsters and Fuel Altereds are always great fun to follow, as well as Nostalgia Super Stock of course. But, I also like watching all kinds of Drag Radial / No Prep race videos. They are very interesting to follow, as you can never know what happens when the cars launch. And then there is Street Racing, Cash Days etc which are very interesting too. Stockholm Open is definitely my favorite, as those guys sure know how to race on highways. However, I like to watch NHRA Racing a lot, too. Stock and Super Stock cars are my favorites (Of course!), but I also like watching Pro Stock and Pro Mod. We've been planning a trip to watch NHRA Races in Las Vegas and California Hot Rod Reunion at Bakersfield some year. Probably this year we're not making it, but in the future it's our plan.
  20. Daytona 500

Personally, I think it's time to slow the cars down again so they aren't so loose that little bumps send them around. I'd limit engine size to about 4 liters but allow overhead cams so the engines will rev a little higher and respond quicker. Ideally the cars would top out at about 180 or so and the racing would get better, back to the bumping and grinding of the 70s and 80s.
  21. The 1:24 scale Hasagawa kit of the first generation Honda Civic hatchback. Since my first car was a 1977 Civic CVCC, I *had to* get two of these kits. I still have dealer brochures, great for reference (cutaway picture). I have not opened up the bags yet, if that's required for a proper review, I will do so. It's a curbside, decent engine bottom detail, but there is proper shock tower detail, as if there will be a chance for an engine kit. I'm wanting to build a US version, which will require scratch-building the front turn signals, door mirror, side lights, and the most demanding part of converting the dash to LHD, and I would need to modify the hood. I do see a CVCC chrome badge for the back, which is greyed out on the instruction sheet, but still need to do the grill and side badges. Decal sheet has lots of tiny things, but I have never seen window trim which is sort of silver done like this, all Japan market badges. Makes me think I should hold out for a US version of the CVCC?
  22. Unimog

Great looking Unimog. I like the weathering. Very well done.
  23. There's a very finely tooled multi-Stromberg setup in this, usually available pretty cheap on eBay.
  24. 70 Javelin Mark Donahue

Yep....I am 2nd owner of her. I have everything....even the service card. First owner took great care of her....I am too. Never wrecked or damaged. Original interior. thx
  25. Unimog

Great looking model, very realistic.
  1. Load more activity