Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That Old Black Magic Has Me In It's Spell Again!
  3. On a couple of these, real or not, my skepticism tells me not to believe everything you see.
  4. Like many other unique features of this vehicle design, the cross braces are used to support the steps, and also to support the front fenders. The wheels are mounted. A lot of details yet to be added. I am still looking for a fake business logo for the side panels.
  5. Yes, I've seen vinegar, salt and eggs darken brass and copper but to me it often seems to cover unevenly.
  6. I've never had to deal with woodpeckers although they are in the neighbors dead trees but I'd be thinking about stringing up some cheap foil pie pans throughout the tree to possibly deter it. Just a thought... Good luck with woody
  7. She's a beauty, Ken!πŸ‘πŸ‘
  8. It was pretty amusing to watch a Northern Flicker tear the heck out an ant colony in our backyard last summer. It moved frantically around the area flinging dirt then burying his beak deep within. It looked as if he/she hit the honey hole.
  9. First off Marty, I'm glad you are bringing this one back to the bench again. You keep teasing us with it at KKIM when it shows up on the tables. It deserves to get finished. That being said, I love everything about it, with the exception of the new hood scoop. But digging the Corvette bumps And the top has to stay!
  10. The execution of the fender flares on the 69 is very clean. The paint combo on the 32 is very nice Well done.
  11. Today
  12. I thought of putting magnets at the back but I think I could also just put a small lip at the two rear corners to keep it down. Like take those tabs at the corners and add a leg to them.πŸ— No not a Chicken leg 🦡 That's better. As for the mailbox I used to joke with the guy that he spent his spare time licking stamps. Ticked him off something serious. "you don't like these stamps, they loose their value........πŸ˜–
  13. When I was a Chrysler FCA Master Tech 2015-2020, I was surprised that owners of the Magnum and PT Cruiser were extremely passionate about their cars....whether it was a extremely clean well kept and a daily beater, money was no object. That is sweet!
  14. David, the windows looks great. I was thinking of doing something like that on the windshield of the '41 Plymouth but was not sure how to approach it. I think you found the answer, thanks.
  15. Jose, welcome on board. Looks to be a pretty nice mess to me. If I was home right now I'd show you a real mess😬 Looks like you have a good starting point for a few cool Camaro's. Keep it up.πŸ‘
  16. Showroom winner πŸ†
  17. I like the look of this and that rear piece looks very familiar to me but I can't place it. Thinking maybe AMT 57 Fairlane. Not sure about the roof. Maybe if you chromed the front edge and mimicked that same center peak with the windshield frame. πŸ€”
  18. I got the pickup painted, Tamiya TS-44 over Tamiya white primer cleared, not airbrushed, all spray cans.
  19. 2nd post: It still looks Gorgeous!! Chuck
  20. Good work finding decals. In the future, you will find much more participation in your quest if you ask your question in the "Model Building Questions and Answers" section of the board, just a couple sections down from this one. Cheers.
  21. Evil men may use money for evil purposes, but money itself is but a convenient means of exchange of value between honest men, and there's absolutely nothing evil in that.
  1. Load more activity