[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Autoquiz 358

mid 60's Toyota corolla
  3. 32 Ford's

One more for the bucket. I didn't need much of the original kit! Brian
  4. This is turning out swell. Really swell! My son LOVES Raptors so I'll be showing this to him later. Good work on this one Ashley.
  5. What AMT/MPC Molds Might Still Exist at Round 2?

I think that if you flip the cab over the bottom of the tanks are not molded. Just the top and outside the inside goes to the frame from pictures I have seen. The cab looks like a Tonka copy to me. Not real truck at all. I spotted the Aurora Racing Scenes Funny car kit standing on end.
  6. Today
  7. 66 Mustang GT Funny Car

That is totally cool !!!
  8. 49 Mercury Woody Wagon

I like the way this looks !!!
  9. 69 Corvette 427

Looks cool and i love inca gold!!!
  10. 66 Mustang GT Funny Car

Very nice. I especially like the paint.
  11. 63 Corvette

Very nice job, on one of favorite old kits. You did a great job detailing an old classic.
  12. VW Samba Custom Triple Cab Pickup

I attached the sunroof according to the assembly instructions, as you can see below.
  13. Ukrainian Scale Cars Production (USCP)

I've purchased from USCP wheel sets, the BMW M5 update kit (for the Fujimi M5 kit) and the Mercedes big sedan update kit (for the Tamiya 600SEL). All good. No issues, no problems. I've e-mailed regarding their long ago proposed Mercedes 300SL Roadster trans-kit for the Tamiya Gullwing kit. I was told that it was now on the "back burner". Nuts. I hope that this isn't a very early indication of USCP being a victim of their own success. Regarding ordering from overseas, I've learned not to count the days. It'll get here when it gets here. It always has. On another note: USCP is one of two vendors that I purchase from that had announced they were no longer going to sell their wares on eBay. Both are selling on eBay again. Looked at as the sales conduit that it really is, one cannot seriously overlook or deny the audience that eBay brings to cottage businesses. John
  14. Moebius trailer question

It was mentioned here awhile back but I can't find it...which Moebius trailer has a chrome bulkhead?
  15. Sacrilege or really cool? Hmmmmm...

And I second that.
  16. Ferrari F12

Of course there is always a way.
  17. Ferrari F12

That's a bit of a disappointment. must be a way to hinge them.
  18. Sacrilege or really cool? Hmmmmm...

, yeah, I will agree this.
  19. Sacrilege or really cool? Hmmmmm...

I've been around a few hybrids, my aunt had a Prius, and we have a few Ford Escapes at work.They are very quiet when the engine hasn't kicked on, and it often doesn't at low speeds. I could easily see a pedestrian getting hit in a parking lot by an inattentive driver, and the pedestrian would not have to be an idiot, just hit from behind. My aunt came to visit a few years ago when she had the Prius. Just happened to arrive when I was walking to the house. It was cold so I had a knit cap over my ears, but no traffic, and not many people around. I didn't hear her until some gravel crunched under the tires when she was less than 10 feet away. Even then I didn't think it was a car, I turned to look back and expected to see another pedestrian, not a car. No sidewalks so if she had been an idiot driver I could have easily been hit. 10-15 mph probably won't kill you but it can still hurt. My vote is to give electric cars the car sound from the Jetson's.
  20. Sacrilege or really cool? Hmmmmm...

I'm sure that has purists gnashing their teeth, but I like it. I don't even build customs and that has me wanting to track down a 356 kit. Pete has a good point too, the starting place makes a huge difference to me. If I knew a guy butchered a pristine Model T to make a bucket T, I'd be disgusted. Same guy takes a rusted chassis with a few bits of car attached he yanked out of a blackberry patch have fun, at least as a hotrod it will be on the road instead of rusting away. The quality of the work plays a big part as well, there have been many monstrosities posted here that are an insult even if they started with the creature from the brier patch. There is a guy Gary Wales building retro touring cars from old fire trucks which is causing a minor bruhaha among fire apparatus collectors. Some feel it is better to let them rust in peace rather than be rebuilt as something else. This I kind of agree, I mean your money, your truck, but.... no thanks. But that isn't what this guy is doing. He is taking trucks that would otherwise be scrapped and making them into something interesting. Anyway I think they are pretty neat even overcoming my biases to cutting up old fire trucks. If I had the means I'd buy one. An idea of what these looked like at one time. He says he only uses a chassis that is beyond having a reasonable chance for restoration. Kind of a broad statement, with enough money anything can be restored. As an example of what he considers too far gone, the fire engine that became the car on the right had been stripped and left out in the woods for a few decades before he got it.
  21. Autoquiz 358

My thought was "when did the Japanese ever make a Mustang?" I have absolutely no idea.
  22. What AMT/MPC Molds Might Still Exist at Round 2?

Yep: IIRC it was a very simplified (almost toylike) kit; might have done better if it was a real tractor instead of a generic one (it looked somewhat like the Chevy but wasn't based on any real truck).
  23. Window cranks?

Or you can make 'em out of assorted scrap material.
  24. potvin supercharger

The Allison engine already HAS a huge centrifugal supercharger on it...
  25. Been so long, I forget. I have every kit they made but they’re all sealed.
  1. Load more activity