[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Buggin' Out

You don't have much luck with paint, huh?
  3. How many kits do you buy in one day

How many actually BUILT all those mass quantities of kits??
  4. 58 Impala

Well done, keep it going
  5. Porsche 911 Carrera RSR .

Nice, very nice.
  6. '48 Ford Woody

Beautifully clean work, everything just right, I love it!
  7. Corvette, Impala, and Ford Vicky

OK. Thanks Snake. I'll be more careful.
  8. Revell '29 Roadster, Late '50s Style

Nice start on the '29.... I also have that book that I bought in the early '70s....
  9. Today
  10. Porsche 911 Carrera RSR .

A fujimi kit , this is the kit without the Martini decals so I just did my own version , Tamiya paint .
  11. Autoquiz 384

This time I looking for a light commercial. Before you sent your answer to me think about if your answer is correct. Please sent PM with Year, Make and Type
  12. Grand Sport Survivor - Not Accurate Minatures

Snake, it is the same one. I am going through old stuff and came across the pictures and decided to share them. Thanks to all for your comments.
  13. My son's first model

Thats cool for sure. Bought a couple for my friends kids, They dont care to build them so built for them. Painted body Tamiya silver tought looked better than the gray plastic. Got them at ollies 9.99.
  14. Revell '29 Roadster, Late '50s Style

That looks like a great build coming along. I can't tell you how many times I read that paper back in my younger days....
  15. Hubley Metal 32 Chevy.

That is very nice !!!
  16. Revell '29 Roadster, Late '50s Style

This will look cool !!!
  17. 58 Impala

Looks very nice !!!
  18. Gas Station update

The islands look great Bill, and those cracks in the concrete are a master touch. You shouldn't need to worry about the 4 feet by 4 feet section of the larger diorama and building the whole thing in sections is the way to go of course. This project of yours has started me thinking about adding a second section to my 3 feet by 2 feet 7 inches baseboard. The two streets of my diorama need to extend a little more to allow space for additional model cars. David
  19. Hubley Metal 32 Chevy.

Very nice looking metal Hubley, Philip and the colour choice is excellent. You must be well pleased with the result. David
  20. 58 Impala

Liking that colour a lot, also like the '58 Chevy Impala and the whole concept of 3D printing interests me greatly. You will have a lot of fun with the build and the Revell kit should turn into a fine scale model car. The colour combination with the white roof is a good choice I think. David
  21. Revell '29 Roadster, Late '50s Style

I bought this when it first came out, but It's only recently that I figured out what to do with it. My original intent was to replicate a famous early roadster, but the modified wheelwells meant I would have to rework them back to stock, and since Round 2 was happy to sell me a Model A roadster that I didn't have to alter, I shelved that idea. I decided to go instead to go for something where the reworked wheelwells were part of the design. In this case I figured it was something you'd do if you wanted fenders on a channeled body. The other inspirations were some footage in an old drag racing film of a Deuce roadster sporting an early Hemi with a Latham blower, and this cover to a Henry Gregor Felsen novel. So it's going to end up being a late '50s style rod with bobbed fenders in the red, and cycle fenders up front. The rear fenders are from the previous issue of AMT's '29 roadster kit. The front fenders are from the Double T kit, as is the Latham supercharger. The Deuce grille shell is from the parts box, while the engine, wheels, and tires are from the latest "Mod Rod" edition of AMT's '29 A roadster.
  22. GMC Daycab update 7-22

This is absolutely gorgeous. Very realistic weathering, I think.
  23. Has anyone heard of The Sales Shack?

36 dollars to ship 9 kits is not bad at all. That is a big box even of you break them up in 2 boxes.
  24. Maintenance Tonight, July 22

Thank you Dave for all the hard work to keep us Happy with our Hobby.
  25. Moebius /Model king 65'Mercury Cyclone A/FX

Wow. Did Moebius have access to your friend's cars?
  26. Hi from downunder

Hiya, I had a look at the MPH Facebook but as I don't list this hobby on FB I probably won't get in
  1. Load more activity