Bartholomew Co. 4H Fairgrounds Pavillion
Indiana 11 South
Columbus, IN 47201
9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (vendor set-up 7-9 AM)
General Admission / Swap Meet:
Adult - $2 Under 12 - Free
Adult - $2 first model, $1 each additional entry
12 & under - $1 flat fee, no limit on number of entries
Gravity Drags: $1 per entry, all weight classes
Vendor Tables: $15 before Sept. 15th, $20 after.
This year’s theme is "Six Appeal"
Anything having to do with the number 6. Any model year ending in 6, racing #6, 6 cylinders, 6 wheels, 6 legs, you name it!
Also featuring N.D.G.A. sanctioned GRAVITY DRAGS,
Raffle drawings all day and the JOHAN “GOLD CUP” award!
28 Contest Classes, 7 “Best” Awards, (sponsorships are available)
Large, Clean, Well-Lit Vendor, Raffle and Snack Bar Areas
Contest: Registration: 9:00am – 12:00
Judging: 12:30 - 2:30pm
Awards Presentation: 3:30pm
(or as soon as we finish counting)
Gravity Drags: Registration: 9:00am - Noon
Heats begin at 1:00pm
Swap Meet: Vendor set-up: 7:00 - 9:00AM
Floor opens at 9:00am
NO FLOOR RIGHTS
Pretty much the same as last year, we’ve kept the same basic format, but made a few changes. We’ve added a class, "Out of Box - Bare bones" (numbered 0 so the others stay the same). There are no large or small-scale classes, so all entries will be placed in the appropriate subject category. As always, we are going to let you, the contestants, be the judges. Each entrant receives a ballot, and will be instructed how to fill it out. You’ll just pick what you think is the best model in each class. Here are a few other basic rules:
1. No first place winning entries from past SCIMA contests will be allowed.
2. Entrants may choose class for “crossovers”, but the Contest Director reserves the right to move any entry to the proper category. All decisions will be final.
3. There must be at least 3 individual entries to complete a class. Classes may be combined, added, or dropped depending on the number of entries.
4. Only simple display bases will be allowed. Mirrors, short risers and turntables to aid in viewing are acceptable, but no huge, gaudy displays or laser shows, please.
5. Registration ends at 12:00 noon. Judging does not begin until 12:30. You will not be given your ballot until then, so don’t ask for it ahead of time! This is simply to ensure that ALL ENTRIES are on the tables before you start judging them.
6. Once the judging process has begun, THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO PICKING UP OF MODELS ALLOWED! Bring your penlights and dental mirrors!
7. It’s just a model contest, not the Super Bowl! So relax and enjoy yourself. Anyone showing poor sportsmanship, lack of respect for the other entrants, their models, the contest staff, or the facilities will be asked to leave.
8. S.C.I.M.A. and the Bartholomew County 4H Fair Board will not be held responsible in case of losses due to accident, theft or damage.
All modelers are welcome, from beginner to master. Come on over and have a good time!
We're about 40 miles south of Indianapolis on I-65.
From I-65 take exit 68 to SR 46 East, then turn south on Indiana 11 for two miles and watch for the signs. The 4H Fairgrounds are on the right. From Cincinnati, take I-74 to Greensburg, then SR 46 West though Columbus to Indiana 11 south.
For Contest or Vendor Information, Contact:
Bill Zeihen (812) 372-6249 firstname.lastname@example.org
1593 Michigan Ave.
Columbus, IN 47201
8th SCIMA Model Contest & Swap Meet Sept. 30th, Columbus
No replies to this topic