#1 Keef

Keef

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Full Name:Keith Young

Posted 28 September 2006 - 03:04 PM

in issue # 109 of the magazine your sketchpad centerfold shows a green 53-55 corvette with a nice looking hardtop ....i was wondering if you had a certain donor in mind when you drew that or did it just pop into your head?

reason im asking is because im thinking seriously of building that car if i can figure out what to use as a donor

Keith

#2 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
  • Full Name:Jairus

Posted 29 September 2006 - 05:09 AM

I have very little in mind when I do any drawing... as it might skew the result.
But, any of the drawings that I do are usually a combination of creativity and the desire to keep eating....
The drawing done for that issue is a piece that was destine for the 2005 Calendar. Golden Bell Press pulled the plug on that project so the drawing sat in my 'puter until I used it to fill a hole in the "Sketchpad" line up.

The car is the Corvair show car, first use of the Corvair name incidentally, with different wheels as if produced and hot rodded.
http://www.corvairco.../54Corvair.html
The fastback roof was unique to the Corvair and does not exist in the model car world in any kit form. There may be a resin manufacturer that used to produce one but I couldn't find it. Maybe someone will be able to post an image or link?

At any rate, use the link provided to make your own.

:D

#3 Deano

Deano

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Full Name:Dean Eubanks

Posted 29 September 2006 - 07:22 AM

R&D Unique does the 54 Corvair showcar in their Mini Exotics line. They also do the Waldorf Nomad.

#4 kod38

kod38

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 07:59 PM

Now that is obscure.
Very intersting Jairus.
Doug R