Model Cars Magazine Forum

S U B S C R I B I N G

i have struggled for 15 minutes trying to locate a subscription for so i can enter a new 12 month subscription. the only thing i can locate is the old $34.95 subscription rate but there is a post which indicates a $29.00 for 12 month rate. that would be the deal for me, but is it valid and have an online form?

when i try to sell something, i certainly don't expect the buyer to have to hunt for the specifics . . . . .

Edited by j_nigrelli

First off, let me quote the November editorial:

" In order to increase our production from nine issues per year to 12, we need to increase our subscriber base. "

This has not happened. We got only a small bump in subscriptions, and the calendars have not done that well also.

The price increase is the first in over 7 years.

The cover price has never gone up before now, that's almost ten years.

If the subscriptions numbers do rise, and I mean rise, not burp, then we should be able to go to 12 a year.

I hope to get into the major book stores and newsstands by the summer, that should help our base also.

It's tough times, I know, but like I have always said, I'm here for the long haul

Watch for some very interesting news coming up soon.

First off, let me quote the November editorial:

" In order to increase our production from nine issues per year to 12, we need to increase our subscriber base. "

This has not happened. We got only a small bump in subscriptions, and the calendars have not done that well also.

The price increase is the first in over 7 years.

The cover price has never gone up before now, that's almost ten years.

If the subscriptions numbers do rise, and I mean rise, not burp, then we should be able to go to 12 a year.

I hope to get into the major book stores and newsstands by the summer, that should help our base also.

It's tough times, I know, but like I have always said, I'm here for the long haul

Watch for some very interesting news coming up soon.

I am still waiting on the magazines to be on time before i renew. I have Nov. issue and this is almost February. jim

When I was in the sales force, the two selling factors that mattered the most was price and customer service! Not everyone out there buying these magazines are on this forum. Some poeple get real testy about something coming a day late and a dollar short! I am sure many wont mind paying more, as long as they get thier service! However if the price goes up, the number of issues do not go up and the mags keep coming late, more poeple will drop thier subscriptions instead of renewing them. Also since LHS continue to go out of business and or carry less things like magazines, it will be detrimental to make sure those mags get out into circulation in mag shops and stores for more poeple to see and find! Even in todays technological society, I am sure theres poeple out there who model without knowing theres modeling mags available because they dont ge online! Now I appreciate that this mag is more of a family oriented mag and alot of the poeple who put it together are also fellow modelers! However I do not subscribe to any! SAE is out as I feel as though it is simply money and polatics there! But I do not subscribe to MCM because I find the price rather high for so few issues esp. when they had always come late too! I would know everything in the mag before I got it because of me being online constantly, so why subscribe!Now, if the price was to be that $35 a year for 12 issues and I could get them on time, then I would subscribe! Just my 2 cents worth wich equates to about 1 1/ 2 cents in todays economy! Thanks. Jody

I don't care if the magazine's late,or how much a subscription costs.....I subscribed for two years at Toledo,because I I've seen TOO many resin /photo etch/etc hobby related businesses go by the wayside. I remember model car science,and other magazines we all took for granted,and they have been gone LO,these many years! Is the subscription a lot of greenbacks?.....well,yes---- and no,as far as I'm concerned,its worth every penny(BANG for the buck,so to speak) If you put it in context,compare what you spend on the mag to what else you spend in a years time on this hobby; I think you'll find it's relativele inexpensive.....Hell.I spend more on SUPERGLUE a year than on Model Cars Mag........(Don't ask......Grin)----------Steven Zimmerman aka the'Z'man

Greg, the only complaint I have ever had with your magazine is the timeliness of the new issues coming out . The price increase i can deal with as paper , salaries ,and photo services continue to rise . I have said this as nice as I can before , I'm willing to subscribe when the Model Cars Magazine establishes a track record of a timely delivery schedule .Bottom line , if you want my my money Honney , DELIVER ON TIME............... Ed Shaver