Model Cars Magazine Forum

Back from Petit LeMans in Atlanta and.....

... I can't find the words to describe the experience, because every superlative is an understatement. I don't deserve all that fun!!! I had the best car time in my life. Meeting David Palmeter at the track and Bob Downey, Wayne and the whole ACME gang was absolutely GREAT! I had the best of times. I need to cach up on a few things (like sleep) but I'll be posting more about the trip and some of the 350+ pictures soon.

My new motto is: "You haven't lived until you hear a C6-R in anger"

Thanks,

... I can't find the words to describe the experience, because every superlative is an understatement. I don't deserve all that fun!!! I had the best car time in my life. Meeting David Palmeter at the track and Bob Downey, Wayne and the whole ACME gang was absolutely GREAT! I had the best of times. I need to cach up on a few things (like sleep) but I'll be posting more about the trip and some of the 350+ pictures soon.

My new motto is: "You haven't lived until you hear a C6-R in anger"

Thanks,

So when are they going to change the rules back so that the Corvette is on even playing field with the Aston Martins? That 150 pound weight penalty & smaller air intake is making the C6R uncompetitive with the AM's.

Now that you mention it, here is a pic of the unfair air inlet.

DSCF3235.JPG

You can see it is less than 1 inch diameter. This is one of the many pictures I'll post, probably in a separate web page along with the story on how I became "part" of the Corvette racing team for this race.

Thanks,

Ismael

I really miss not being at the meeting and getting the opportunity to meet you Ismael. But I had a good friend, Matt Wadlinder - aka cadguy on some other forums - that's moving away and I wanted to spend some time with him and his family before he left town.

I'm glad you had a good time at Petite and I'm glad you enjoyed the ACME meeting. That sure is a bunch of good guys!!

Maybe next time!!