#62 realgone58

realgone58

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
  • Full Name:Alan Wickham

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:19 AM

I emailed a month ago or so, and he shot me a reply right away answering my questions. I plan to purchase the Maverick 4 door he does.

#63 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,354 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:37 AM

Previous topics and comments about Perry's Resin:

http://www.modelcars...showtopic=48869

and here: http://www.modelcars...showtopic=43352

Edited by Casey, 11 January 2012 - 10:38 AM.

#64 440 Dakota

440 Dakota

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Keller

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

yup same here find him at a show sometime and buy in person

#65 VERNON

VERNON

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Full Name:vernon philip hayden

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:30 AM

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Perrys Resin. I've tried contacting him through the link on his website, but haven't heard back. I find this unusual as they've always responded to e-mail.
Thanks for any help.

#66 cdnmodman

cdnmodman

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Full Name:rick beaubien

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:34 AM

Vernon,
Here's the link to Randy's Hobby Shop can usually find him there:

http://www.daileyhob...com/contact.htm

#67 VERNON

VERNON

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Full Name:vernon philip hayden

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:22 AM

Thank you

#68 Cali Bear

Cali Bear

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Full Name:Christopher Cross

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:01 AM

This is my first time dealing with Perry's Resin... and I'm afraid that it's going to be my last. I ordered a simple little $5 resin scoop for my Tamiya Porsche 962 kit back in May, and here it is halfway through August with no results. No response to my emails, and when I called the place on the phone I had a great conversation with the gent on the phone. Except for the part where he told me that he sent it out six weeks ago, and that he would send out another one. This was in early July. I really want to try on the resin Ferrari 333SP, but if I can't get a $5 scoop in three months, what's gonna happen with a $155 kit? I'll get what I need from Strada Sports.

#69 Steven Zimmerman

Steven Zimmerman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Full Name:Steven

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:38 AM

Perry's is in Canada. STRANGE things happen to things mailed to - and from - Canada....Not sayin yea or nay, about his service, although i've never had a problem....but strange things DO HAPPEN across the borders....'Z'

#70 cdnmodman

cdnmodman

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:58 AM

I live not to far away from Randys Hobby shop:

http://www.daileyhobbies.com/

He's a great guy to deal with and his product is Excellent, his store is the only real HS in a big area and its always busy !!! Product
is well worth the wait and as noted above our mail system leaves a lot to be desired. I would give him another call.

Rick

#71 dimaxion

dimaxion

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Full Name:John JR. Landgraver

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

Randy has told me chilling accounts about the Mail in the Great White North . Well , maybe a little lower where our Canadian Friends live . You know what , these are true accounts . He isn't making this stuff up . We make jokes about "going Postal" and complain about our Postal service . They have it bad , we do not . His stuff is Superior to the Average Caster . Best way , meet him at the Shows . Or , fantasy thinking , go to his Hobby Shop . Thanx ..

#72 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

I would think it would be better to use Fed Ex or other when shipping to/from Canada instead of regular mail. I've never had problems w/ Fed Ex from other countries.

#73 cdnmodman

cdnmodman

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

Courrier would be great its the cost up here,as an example I sent to big rig kits to fellow in Ohio cost 48.00 Cdn via Ups,
he sent me two back cost him 22.00 US. Anything we do tack 13% tax onto as well. The interesting thing I was going to send the kits by Canada Post they were more expensive then Courrier !!

As noted Randy's resin is awesome and his HS is great, we are close to Toronto and his shop is by far better then anything in the city.HS are few and far between up here these days !! He is a busy man, I don't know when he gets a chance to cast !!

Rick

#74 Bruno

Bruno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Full Name:Bruno Côté

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:58 AM

I am from Canada and I buy a lot of things online, from Canada, the US and other countries , and have always got my stuff, sometimes it's a long wait, but I do get my stuff. The usual wait for stuff shipped from the US to Canada with USPS First class is 2 - 3 weeks, maybe a month max. I also shipped items to the US (about 150 times) and on that only one complained she didn't get the item (although I believe she only wanted it free...) 1 time out of 150, I think it's good.

I would like to buy parts from Perry's Resin, but heard too many bad feedback about him, not about the quality of his parts, but because of too many people that never received the parts they ordered...

Edited by Bruno, 16 August 2012 - 06:00 AM.

#75 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,002 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

I have several parts that I have bought at local shows that were made by Perry's and they are nice but after the last order I placed taking over two months with nothing but excuses and lies, I got my money back through my credit card and vow to never order from him again!

#76 fumi

fumi

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Full Name:Silvester Man

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

If you want to order from Perry's Resin, e-mail Randy to check availability first. If he says the item is in stock, you'll probably get it fast. If he says he will cast it, it will take some time. If he doesn't answer your e-mail and you really, really need that item, wait for a month or two and e-mail him again.

I've ordered from him before, I got the items within a month and the casting is top notch. But I made sure the item is in stock before I placed my order.

#77 dimaxion

dimaxion

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Full Name:John JR. Landgraver

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:31 AM

Phone calling Perry's Resins is the best recourse . I am still on the lookout , Randy , for the first one you sent me on my last purchase . I bet it went to Tialand . I give up looking for it . He or a close friend of his keeps on this site . Excellent castings . Thanx ..

#78 mk11

mk11

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Full Name:mike mackie

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Hey Perry, if you're still out there, I'm still interested in a Comet wagon. Haven't had a reply yea or nay since last Christmas....

mike

#79 2000-cvpi

2000-cvpi

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Full Name:Corey Sarenius

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Just a personal thought. Why would anyone buy a product from a business that has such a checkered review history? Regardless of the product offered, it seems like it just isn't worth the risk. No one would buy from a Ebay seller with a 50% positive feedback rating, so why do modelers still order?

#80 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,432 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

Just a personal thought. Why would anyone buy a product from a business that has such a checkered review history? Regardless of the product offered, it seems like it just isn't worth the risk. No one would buy from a Ebay seller with a 50% positive feedback rating, so why do modelers still order?

That would make sense, you would think