MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Full Name:Andrew Bradley

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:27 AM

Andrew... bet you have not seen this one! :D
Posted Image

Now I got TWO Torino projects based on your artwork!!! Awesome stuff my friend!

One of my "down the road" projects is a Talladega Land Speed Racer but I never thought about doing one as a quarter-miler. Thanks for some inspiration!

Was this a Johnny Lightning artwork?

Edited by torinobradley, 07 October 2009 - 03:29 AM.

#22 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts
  • Full Name:Jairus

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:24 AM

Andrew, yes that was for JL blistercard art for the "Spoiler" series. The detailing in the photo is not quite as .... detailed because it was only about an inch and a half across when printed.

Jason, I don't have any '53 - 54 Chev sedan deliveries in my stuff... that I remember. But good subject for a future Sketchpad! Hmmmmm

Edited by Jairus, 07 October 2009 - 05:27 AM.

#23 torinobradley

torinobradley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Full Name:Andrew Bradley

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:59 AM

Andrew, yes that was for JL blistercard art for the "Spoiler" series. The detailing in the photo is not quite as .... detailed because it was only about an inch and a half across when printed.
Jason, I don't have any '53 - 54 Chev sedan deliveries in my stuff... that I remember. But good subject for a future Sketchpad! Hmmmmm

How much work did you do for JL? I'm thinking that I just might have a lot more of your artwork than I thought...

#24 Smart-Resins

Smart-Resins

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • Full Name:Jody

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:31 AM

Wonderfull stuff! I love the drag stuff! Love to see more! Thanks. Jody

#25 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:59 AM

How much work did you do for JL? I'm thinking that I just might have a lot more of your artwork than I thought...

Lots of stuff from 2003 through late 2005. Nearly all of the Zingers were designed by me and all the blistercard art for the Zingers were mine through 2005. After that they used office staff to design them. Sucks really....
Also did a few designs for the Spoiler's and In-Progress. Then a ton of blistercard art for Kustomized, Spoilers, In-progress, All-American, Black-w/Flames, Moon Eyes,Rebel Rods.. etc.
Also designed three Black with Flames cars, the 66 GTO, 71 Cyclone and the School Bus. Cyclone below...
Posted Image
:wub:

#26 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:22 AM

Wonderfull stuff! I love the drag stuff! Love to see more! Thanks. Jody

I call this one "The Forgotten Warrior".
Posted Image

#27 Smart-Resins

Smart-Resins

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • Full Name:Jody

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:48 AM

That one is most beautiful!! I absolutly love it!! Wow!! Sice I enjoy drawing and getting into spray paint art and starting to use my airbrush, I can see I havs of drawing and practicing to do!! someday, I want to do art work by airbrush like this and also artwark on cars tanks and helmets. Thanks. Jody

#28 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:44 PM

Posted Image

#29 GrandpaMcGurk

GrandpaMcGurk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Full Name:Don

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:30 AM

Here's one of my W.I.P. doodles, it's too big to fit in my scanner so I had to take a pic....it's titled " Don't need no helmet!"

Posted Image

#30 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,988 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:38 PM

Here's one of my W.I.P. doodles, it's too big to fit in my scanner so I had to take a pic....it's titled " Don't need no helmet!"

Better title: "Don't WANT no helmet!" :rolleyes:

#31 59 Impala

59 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:43 AM

Amazing pics that's fer sure gregg and Harry. By any chance do any of you have some pics of the '56 Packard? I would like to see some or one especially of the rear end and also the grill. If not, then oh well. Thanks, Dan

Edited by 59 Chevy Impala, 11 October 2009 - 06:45 AM.

#32 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,672 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:06 AM

Amazing pics that's fer sure gregg and Harry. By any chance do any of you have some pics of the '56 Packard? I would like to see some or one especially of the rear end and also the grill. If not, then oh well. Thanks, Dan

The easiest way to get pix of a '56 Packard is to do a Google image search. You'll find tons of them...

#33 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,854 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:58 AM

Jair, that lil Willy's was cool! I actually had to look at it to see it was a drawing on a picture!!! GREAT JOB. Man, it's AMAZING what photo-shop can do!!! i liked the cars sponsers!!! :lol: :P :huh:

#34 iBorg

iBorg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:29 AM

I love the sketch pads. One of the first things I look at and one of the things I look at a year after publication. I know you did some PT Cruisers, but I can't find that issue.

Mike

#35 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:37 PM

Mike, I have done many PT Cruiser illustrations. This is my fav... but the one's you are probably thinking about were in the July-August 2000 issue. that was wwwaaaaaayyyy back when Revell first issued that snap kit.
Posted Image

Incidentally, I did this for Johnny Lightning couple months ago. If you guys want a signed copy.... just click on the picture.
Posted Image
Jairus

#36 BigBlockLyle

BigBlockLyle

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:42 PM

Jairus, got any 64 1/2 to 73 'Stangs?

Thanks
Benjamin.

#37 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:14 PM

How about this:
Posted Image
That is my interpretation of what a "Quarter Horse" might have looked like had Ford produced it. For the uninitiated, the Quarter horse was a version of the Mustang that was considered to compete with Shelby in 1969. A few prototypes were built and of course it was never produced, but this is what I thought it might have looked like.

Edit: Thought I would add just one more "Horse". Did this one for Lightning Lane... a collector site for White Lightning JL nuts. This image was printed on a special order of JL mustangs with the tampo print matching the illustration. Tampos were designed by someone else... I just did the illustration.
Posted Image
:D

Edited by Jairus, 13 October 2009 - 07:19 AM.

#38 Roadkill2525

Roadkill2525

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Full Name:You know what it is.

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:49 PM

Jairus, what would your take on a Buick or Oldsmobile F-Body look like?

#39 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:04 AM

I suppose like the Firebird looks compared to the Camaro. Never done any illustrations to that effect but I bet it would be fun for a future SketchPad. Neat idea! :lol:

#40 BigBlockLyle

BigBlockLyle

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:24 AM

How about this:
Posted Image
That is my interpretation of what a "Quarter Horse" might have looked like had Ford produced it. For the uninitiated, the Quarter horse was a version of the Mustang that was considered to compete with Shelby in 1969. A few prototypes were built and of course it was never produced, but this is what I thought it might have looked like.

Edit: Thought I would add just one more "Horse". Did this one for Lightning Lane... a collector site for White Lightning JL nuts. This image was printed on a special order of JL mustangs with the tampo print matching the illustration. Tampos were designed by someone else... I just did the illustration.
Posted Image
:D

Jairus, I love the looks of the Quater Horse. That body has always looked lean and mean to me. Got anything in the form of a Foxbody?