#281 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:13 AM

While I don't shop on Evil-bay, my brother-in-law was kind enough to find this kit I wanted and to spend my money. It's a 1959 Lincoln Continental convertible and it was my very first AMT kit when I was a kid. While it is not a "pristine" kit, it has never been painted and all the major parts are there as well as the instructions and decals and the box looks pretty good for its age of 53 years. What's your holy grail?

Posted Image

#282 johnbuzzed

johnbuzzed

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts
  • Full Name:John "the Buzzard" Buzzerio

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

Jo Han 1967 Plymouth Fury, in the flat box- I think that was the only way it was available.

#283 Wagoneer81

Wagoneer81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Eddy.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

Ahh... Grail kits... I have several, was able to aquire two built-ups this year. A 4070 International Transtar COE and a 4070 Transtar II... Those that remain out of reach include the entire Tyrone Malone truck collection, the Bandag Bandit, the Super Boss, Mama Truck and Hideout truck... I would like to see these re-issued.

#284 GMP440

GMP440

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

My holy grail would be the MPC 68' Dodge Coronet R/T

Attached Files

#285 A.R.C.

A.R.C.

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Full Name:Adam Cordoza Cortez

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

I`m lucky. I have two out of my 3 grails, A Badman purchased 20 years ago and the Revell Monroe Handler( bought a year ago still sealed). Now I`m in search of this baby........

I had it when I was a kid and for sentimental reasons would love to find it again.

Posted Image

#286 Frank

Frank

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

Have been trying to find these been looking for a while.

Posted Image

#287 CemetaryAngel81

CemetaryAngel81

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Full Name:Lorenzo Vargas

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

Three Grails for me are the Laramie Stage Ghost, Johann Hauling hearse,and Heavenly Hearse.

#288 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

My holy grail would be the MPC 68' Dodge Coronet R/T

I've got one of those on order from Modelhaus and another one for my buddy also. They should be here soon.

#289 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

Not sure that I have a 'Holy Grail' any more. But really close to one is my builtup MPC 1968 Color Me Gone Charger funnycar (not for sale either ) Followed real close by a Johan 1969 GTX

I've had my share of the mint unbuilt stuff , Then one day I started adding up the investment I had in them and quietly started selling them off one by one .

I have a few mint unbuilts that will stay with me as long as I'm here. They are kits I remember building as a kid back then . An MPC Barry Setzer Vega , Soapy Sales Challenger, Judy Lilly 1969 Barracuda..... I have builders of them all as well

Then a few re-issues came out to do some others from my youth like the Badman 55 Chevy, the MPC 1/20th Scale McLAREN MK8a , and the MPC LA Dart

#290 Deathgoblin

Deathgoblin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Wilson

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

Almost had one last night. Was bidding on a Union Porsche 917K, had it for $25 with free shipping. Someone sniped me at the last 5 seconds. I'll get one eventually.

#291 doomcrew

doomcrew

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Full Name:steve salmon

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

I was evilbay looking for a pair of 1/12th drag slicks, and i came across a series of 1/12th Doyusha kits. These consisted of two Lambo 500's, a Corvette, (sold one not so long ago), a racing Porsche, a Firebird and the Mustang MACH1.

Well as it its my birthday today i decided to treat myself, and got the Mustang kit, as i have been after this and the Firebird for years. Unfortunately i could only get one, and the Firebird had sold anyway.

#292 Wagoneer81

Wagoneer81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Eddy.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

Have been trying to find these been looking for a while.

Posted Image

Yeah, Frank, makes me wish I had bought a few of these when Squadron had them on special a year or so back... They had the LWB and SWB for $45.00 each, US... :wacko: Live and learn, I guess...

#293 von Zipper

von Zipper

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Full Name:Christopher Smith

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I got lucky and found another of the Revell Metalflake kits, 1962 Plymouth Fury to go with the 1962 Dodge Dart

Posted Image
I have wanted one of these Tamiya Honda 70 kits for awhile now, I an going to build it like the 1:1 I have.

Posted Image

#294 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • Full Name:Austin Tyler

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

Sweet another trail 70 owner on here!I got the Tamiya kit about a year or so ago to build my bike.
Attached File  7DCB49B2.jpg   122.32KB   3 downloads

#295 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,002 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

I really wanted to join this thread but for the life of me, I can't think of any existing or pre existing kit that I have ever wanted and don't currently have or have had. I have the Renwal Chassis kits, a few 1/12 Mean Mavericks, I had a mint 1/12 Super Digger dragster but sold it. I guess there's a few kits I've sold and would like to have back.
Then I thought about it. I'm actually having my holy grail "kit" made right now!!!! I am making a resin master and I'm having a custom box profesionally made to go with it! It will be a model that I've wanted all my life!!!!!!! That's all I can say right now!

Edited by Ben, 24 November 2012 - 10:44 AM.

#296 moparfarmer

moparfarmer

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Farmer

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

I was able to score two of my grails off of E Bay a while ago. 1966 Chrysler 300 by JoHan. The two door hardtop model, now a convertible would be nice to go with the hardtops.

#297 Lownslow

Lownslow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts
  • Full Name:Frank Rizzo

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

my grail, im still chasing the 56 i plan on starting this sometime soon
Posted Image
and a builtup
Posted Image

#298 A.R.C.

A.R.C.

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Full Name:Adam Cordoza Cortez

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

Cool 70`s!! My first bike was a 1970 Trail 70. Got it when I was 10 and sold it when I was 18. I had many other fast mx bikes during that time but the 70 was always my favorite. I regret selling it to this day.

#299 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,682 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

As was said on this thread back in 2008, a Holy Grail is the one and only kit that would make your life complete. In my case it's the 1966 Plymouth Valiant Signet promo, one of the rarest Mopar promos. I had never seen one in person and had an eBay search active for one. Wouldn't ya know, the only times one was for sale was when I couldn't afford (or at least in good concious) invest in something expensive.

The last time I saw one on eBay was when I was in the middle of moving from NJ to PA. I was carrying two houses and finance were pretty tight. And of course there it was for $400 Buy It Now. So I closed my eyes and hit that button. It was mine! Feeling a bit guilty but I had my holy grail.

At the same time I was parting out my '63 Studebaker project that suffered from terminal cancer. It just wasn't worth trying to fix. I had offered it for sale on both eBay and Craig's List for prices starting at $2500 and all the way down to $900 without a buyer. I had $1500 in NOS and repro parts alone! So I had sold over $3000 worth of parts off this car. In the end I had a carcass with no body parts, but a 70k drivetrain still in it. I didn't want to send it to the crusher so I did one last ditch ad onto eBay offering the drivetrain for $500. Imagine my surprise the next day when my email read "You've Made A Sale". Someone in North NJ had bought it to put in his 1940s pickup. So by the time it came to pay for the Valiant, I had the money in Paypal to pay for it. Nearly free!

This is a photo of the one I own. My modeling life is complete. I don't want for anything more!

my_66_2-vi.jpg

Edited by Tom Geiger, 01 December 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#300 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

And yet it cries out for a set of dog dish hub caps....

Awesome score Tom. My grail cost almost as much as yours and I felt guilty too. But the longer you wait....the bigger the bite. BTW: Too bad about the Stude. Do you still have the old Barracuda?