#21 Wagoneer81

Wagoneer81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Eddy.

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:25 AM

Jairus, It's a pleasure to finally make your aquaintance! I am fairly new to this forum but, I'd like to say that I've been a fan of your work for many, many years! You're artwork has inspired me since day one, continues to do so and I thank you for that!

Thanks for the heads up on the '30 touring kit. I was comptemplating converting the '32 Phaeton body I have to a '29 but you just took care of that for me! It looks like Revell has reissued the '30 touring and there are several of the original Monograms on eBay. I've got a '29 cowl, so that's covered... I love Flatheads so all I'll have to do is raid my parts bins to assemble the proper engine. I'm pretty sure I can pull the frame out of a Revell '32 5-window or 3-window. Are those '41 Lincoln wheels on the '29 Phaeton? I'm still trying to nail those down...

#22 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts
  • Full Name:Jairus

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:43 AM

Chris,
The wheels represent those Revell sent me. In other words I tried my best to draw what would be in the blistercard. That said... I tried to also make them look as close to real cars as possible... but the wheels seem to be close to '39-'40 Ford with '48 Caps. Of course Mercury wheels were the same but with different caps. All the wheels in that series of images were the same and the only two engine options were the Caddy and Flathead. The flathead had three carbs with chrome aircleaners and the caddy had six carbs with airscoops.

If Dave used all the images in this build off there are still 6 more; another '29 Phaeton, two '29 roadsters, a '32 five window coupe and two '25 T's!

#23 Wagoneer81

Wagoneer81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Eddy.

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:10 AM

Excellent, Jairus! Thanks for the info.

#24 diymirage

diymirage

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,507 posts
  • Full Name:Eelco Egelmeer

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:30 AM

If Dave used all the images in this build off there are still 6 more; another '29 Phaeton, two '29 roadsters, a '32 five window coupe and two '25 T's!

you mean this one ?

Posted Image

its mine :(

#25 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:18 PM

Well... no. That is a 1934 five window coupe!

This one....
Posted Image

That '34 I already started years ago but never finished... (well duh!) :lol:

As for the '32 five window coupe, if anyone gets this one it is simply the "American Graffiti" Milner coupe with different wheels. A SUPER EASY build if you have the kit!

#26 Tony T

Tony T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Full Name:Tony

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:10 PM

Fletch - PM sent through MSN. :lol:

#27 hemithunder

hemithunder

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Full Name:Drew

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:24 PM

:lol: I got mine ;) Phantom Mustang Ranchero. Yesterday and by 10:00 lastnight I had '68 Mustang GT in hand and I've spent the WHOLE day cutting it and a '64 Falcon Ranchero up for parts. Shaving, fileing, filling, puttying, cussing, and hehehe!!! this is a GREAT way to build... Should I do this... check pic... nope! Just follow the picture DUMMY! Just find the parts ya need and follow the pic!! :D Love it.

Thanks again, Dave, Jairus. This is awsome. :lol:

#28 Fletch

Fletch

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Full Name:Dave

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:31 PM

I must have been on a '29 kick when I selected the drawings for the Challenge. As I didn't pick either the '32 5 Window Coupe or the '25 T's. The other '29 is still in play as we haven't gotten down to where it is in the stack. But this is what it looks like:

Posted Image

There are a couple of '32s still in the stack but I believe they are from an earlier series, as one is labeled 1932 Calendar Roadster and the other one is the Boattailed '32.

Posted Image
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki

#29 Jon Carr

Jon Carr

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Full Name:Jon Carr

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

I must have been on a '29 kick when I selected the drawings for the Challenge. As I didn't pick either the '32 5 Window Coupe or the '25 T's. The other '29 is still in play as we haven't gotten down to where it is in the stack. But this is what it looks like:

Posted Image

There are a couple of '32s still in the stack but I believe they are from an earlier series, as one is labeled 1932 Calendar Roadster and the other one is the Boattailed '32.

Posted Image
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki

Hey Fletch, can there be multiple entries of the same car? because I have a 30 touring, and I really like the 29 touring on page 1. If there is another touring of that year let me know....

#30 diymirage

diymirage

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,507 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:41 PM

Well... no. That is a 1934 five window coupe!

yes BUT i will be using a 32 5 winder coupe for the model

B)

#31 Smart-Resins

Smart-Resins

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • Full Name:Jody

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:11 PM

I have one I use for my forum with his permission! I have the model and the paint too! Here is a pic of it. If its good, Ill send addy. will have to be pic ebtry only. Jody
Posted Image

#32 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 03:42 AM

Dave,
So this one is not in your stack then?
Posted Image
:blink:

#33 Chas SCR

Chas SCR

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • Full Name:Chas Cochran

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:24 AM

Pick up my truck kit yesterday to start on. And also love that Boattail car. That is just too cool!

#34 Jon Carr

Jon Carr

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Full Name:Jon Carr

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:26 PM

Dave,
Posted Image
:)

Or I would build this one....

#35 Fletch

Fletch

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Full Name:Dave

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:14 PM

Dave,
Posted Image
:lol:

No Sir, it is not, it was one that I didn't have in my collection or was on your webpage. But, that doesn't mean it can't be added. We're getting c;oser to the end of the stack everyday. I have no problem expanding the Challenge to include additional subject matter.

#36 MikeMc

MikeMc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:50 AM

Dang this is sooo much fun..What other challenge is graced by the artist??

I wondered what wheels to choose for my entry and an E-Mail later Jarius told me the exact set....

Thanks to both Jarius and Fletch!!!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#37 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:33 AM

Ahhhhh , I am touched! Though some would say not in the good way... :blink:

Thank you but I'm just a poor slob trying to make his way in this world like everyone else. Not to mention finding the time to build!
I have managed to gather all the bits and actually got a mockup going. I don't like the front tires, thinking they are too small for the illustration. But... rake and stance being everything to me will prob. keep! Getting close to time to start my own thread. :blink:
I suggest we all start our own threads and use some sort of acronym to identify the challenge entries. I suggest the type of car followed by TJWAC. Like "1929 Roadster - TJWAC"... or some such so that those who are interested can find the thread(s) and compare the progress? Suggestions?
Posted Image

Now... where did that Caddy fan belt go? :blink:

#38 Tony T

Tony T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Full Name:Tony

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:04 AM

Fletch - MSN message failed...not sure why. Can you send me an email I can respond to? Or just e-mail me an entry, please!

#39 diymirage

diymirage

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,507 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:40 AM

nice start there jairus

somehow i feel you have an unfair advantage since you know what the artwork actually depicted and know all the intimate details of it

lol, just kidding man

looking good

as for starting your own thread, i would just keep them all in one post

not only does it keep everything easier to follow, it also keeps the thread on the top of the forum because of the updates B)

#40 hemithunder

hemithunder

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Full Name:Drew

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:49 PM

Both are good ideas. Dave, this is your horse to run, what do you think?

Drew :D