4 replies to this topic

#1 jphillips1970

jphillips1970

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:34 AM

Hell everyone - Got a question - What is the best/simple way to make tubs for the rear of truck - I want them to look nice because they will be visable - Something simple - If possible - Thanks - Joe
P.S. - The tubs are going into a Little Red Wagon kit if that helps - Thanks again

#2 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:54 AM

The easiest way I can think of is to find a pro street or even a pro stock dragster kit and cut the tubs from it and graft them on your truck. I have also seen, though never tried, using the cap from an old spray paint can, or other containers with a round lid, cut it in half and you have two matching wheel tubs. If you use the spray can cap, you would have a lot of adjustablity as to how wide or narrow you want the tubs to be.

#3 dragnut

dragnut

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Full Name:Steve

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:22 AM

Can always use plastic pill bottles for making tubs steve.

#4 MikeMc

MikeMc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:29 PM

The easiest way I can think of is to find a pro street or even a pro stock dragster kit and cut the tubs from it and graft them on your truck. I have also seen, though never tried, using the cap from an old spray paint can, or other containers with a round lid, cut it in half and you have two matching wheel tubs. If you use the spray can cap, you would have a lot of adjustablity as to how wide or narrow you want the tubs to be.

gotta agree just back half your truck with a PS chassis...this is from a 66 nova

Posted Image

#5 jphillips1970

jphillips1970

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:08 PM

Thanks for the ideas - Joe