72 replies to this topic

#1 cazxr2

cazxr2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:18 AM

If for some reason u were only allowed to save 1 of ur built models whitch would it be? (just 1 photo per person) and a little reason why u would save that one? Thought I'd ask as there is loads of cool cars. Thanks Craig. Will add mine soon!

#2 Railfreak78

Railfreak78

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Wiltbank

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:28 AM

I would have to say this would be the one I'd save. This was my first major kit bash using 3 trucks a tank, another truck frame, and a lot of misc parts. I put a lot of work in this build and this truck also helped me realise my child hood dream of doing well in a big show. Cool topic :D Posted Image

#3 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,223 posts
  • Full Name:Charles Donald Eric Richard Jules Kasim Most

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:22 AM

Probably my 'corrected' Scout II...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
  • Full Name:Romell Robinson

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:46 AM

I would have to say my Ford F350 Super Duty because I almost lost it forever when I sold it on ebay. I was fortunate that UPS almost completely destroyed it in shipping, So the guy sent it back. I had it insured for 200.00 more than I sold it for and was able to refund his money, get the truck back and make the extra 200.00 on top of what I sold it for on ebay! Since then the truck has been put back together and is show ready.

Posted Image

But then I would really have a problem giving this one up, but thats a whole differant story.....
Posted Image

Edited by Aftashox, 29 July 2010 - 05:48 AM.

#5 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Shaver

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:10 AM

Caz , for you're viewing pleasure , I presemnt the G M C L'Universalle van- 1956
Posted Image
Ed Shaver

Edited by Eshaver, 29 July 2010 - 06:11 AM.

#6 Jon Cole

Jon Cole

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,423 posts
  • Full Name:Jon... although my parents used to call me "KNOCK IT OFF!"

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:25 AM

I would have to say my Buick Grand National. I like it so much, I can't show just one pic!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,842 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:44 AM

Posted Image

#8 cazxr2

cazxr2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:02 AM

There all ace as I thought they would be, I'm still a newbe so I've not got a lot to choose from but I'd say it would have to
be my elcameno. Not long complete just like the colours really.
Posted Image

#9 cazxr2

cazxr2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:04 AM

But then I would really have a problem giving this one up, but thats a whole differant story.....
Posted Image[/font][/size][/i][/color]
[/quote]

ps I want this. :rolleyes: love it

#10 59 Impala

59 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

Probably Nellybelle cause it's the really first time that I did a lot of scratch building and kit bashing to accomplish one of my favorite TV vehicles. Plus it reminds me of a better time. :D
Posted Image

Dan

#11 Steve Keck

Steve Keck

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Full Name:A heavily Weathered Gentleman

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:51 AM

I too had a problem with posting only one picture so I solved it by posting the rest Under Glass. Find it here: http://www.modelcars...showtopic=33750

Posted Image

#12 cazxr2

cazxr2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:02 AM

I too had a problem with posting only one picture so I solved it by posting the rest Under Glass. Find it here: http://www.modelcars...showtopic=33750

Posted Image

Stunning!!!!!

#13 modeler

modeler

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:08 AM

Posted Image this one
i like the way it went together and its one of my grail kits

#14 Jim Gibbons

Jim Gibbons

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Full Name:Jim Gibbons

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:31 AM

This may not be my absolute best build (I think my 1/43rd Starter Ferrari 275P is it) but it's one of my favorites. It's the closest I found to my first 1:1 car which was a '54 Ford Customline. I painted the '53 in the same colors and interior scheme as my car. Even though it's my favorite, I'm going to give this model to my brother who was a teenager at the time I owned it, and he loved it. I also gave him that Ferrari and a '57 Chrysler 300C, and I keep pestering him to take photos of them so I can post them in my gallery!

Posted Image

#15 Tony T

Tony T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,634 posts
  • Full Name:Tony

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:41 AM

Just one, huh? Tough call...Well, I recently finished this one, and it was the longest to finish, as I boxed it away for a long time due to some issues. I started it in late 1991 or early 1992, as close as I can guess (kit was released in 1991, and I used reference pics from Motor Trend, April 1991), and finished it at the end of June this year...Revell 1969 Baldwin Motion Camaro. Lots of firsts here - valve stems, engine plug wires, fuel lines, heater hoses, sanded the back of the grille to open it up and foil casting of 3 'SS' emblems. Nice kit, few issues, and I wrecked a body and had to buy another kit to start over on the paint. Anyways...not my absolute favourite, but the one I put the most into over a long period of time, including learning a few techniques. Here it is:
Posted Image
More pics here if you care to look,

#16 Jeff Sauber

Jeff Sauber

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Sauber

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:44 AM

I don't really have a favorite model...I just build stuff and move onto the next one..I sell off most of my work, so I try not to become too attached to any particluar one.

I did have alot of fun building the "Christine" Pro mod race car..It's not my best work, but it turned out well for the most part, and was a good experience for me trying a few different building techniques.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by J. Sauber, 29 July 2010 - 10:52 AM.

#17 Terror

Terror

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Iocco

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:54 AM

I hate all my builds to the point where I keep starting new ones.I don't have a favorite car yet.I seem to favor my figure builds more.

#18 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,147 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:07 AM

Uh, I guess we'll go with this one ~~~ although there were three others that were virtually tied for the honor!

This 1956 Studebaker Commander sedan was an AAM resin body (mastered by Juha Airo) combined with an AMT '53 Studebaker Starliner donor kit to create a phantom Kansas Highway Patrol car.

An older build, it is not my best effort ever, but one of my favorite projects and it still turns heads. Also my first magazine appearance.

Posted Image

#19 Jeff Sauber

Jeff Sauber

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:13 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

This was a 24-hour build, Hasegawa curbside Nissan Bluebird (Datsun 510) with some unidentified parts box wheels and tires. This was just the most fun kit I've ever built. It all fit, it was fun, and I just had a great time putting it together. It's not my "best" but it was sure the most fun, and since that's what matters most I guess that makes it my favorite, too.

Nice work!! that's a very clean and precise 24 hr build...

Heck, it takes me over 24 hrs just to get a model up on it's wheels and sitting straight...LOL.

#20 Jeff Sauber

Jeff Sauber

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:15 AM

Uh, I guess we'll go with this one ~~~ although there were three others that were virtually tied for the honor!

This 1956 Studebaker Commander sedan was an AAM resin body (mastered by Juha Airo) combined with an AMT '53 Studebaker Starliner donor kit to create a phantom Kansas Highway Patrol car.

An older build, it is not my best effort ever, but one of my favorite projects and it still turns heads. Also my first magazine appearance.

Posted Image

Now that's a cool cop-car...I like that one alot. Very nice..

I'd have to go and commit a misdemeanor so I could get to ride around town in it... :)

Edited by J. Sauber, 29 July 2010 - 11:20 AM.