#21 M0par Jim

M0par Jim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Full Name:Jim

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:49 AM

Ah, shouldn't this be down in the Truck area? That is where mine is located at.

Romell, bro, I'll be watching this one for sure man. Man, this will be fun, two guys kinda doing the same kinda of build LOL, I just hope you don't run into half the issues on yours that I did on mine though.

I also found out from Mark and to what he told me was that his stuff didn't come from the KFS place.. he did look at them though. So now I'm puzzled to where or which place his stuff came from.

I do know there is another company he IS waiting for parts from that they are taking there sweet loving time at just getting back to him about.. soon as I find out from him what place this is I will post it. I been getting on his butt the last few weeks about it.. as he been talking with them for over afew months now about ordering stuff, at first the person at the company told him they was out of the stuff he wanted then when he got ahold of them again to check up they said they had the stuff come in but didn't take inventory though yet and then the next email they told him they was moving across the street to the bigger building. That was the last he heard from them until like a week ago when they emailed him and told him the parts was in but when he emailed them back he hasn't heard anything yet. He doesn't want to order anymore stuff from anyone until he gets this order.

Edited by m0parman, 22 August 2010 - 11:00 AM.

#22 Clay

Clay

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts
  • Full Name:Clay Jones

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:05 AM

Hey Clay the Novas not done yet,but very close just have to finish the rear end and the hidden rollcage. The aftermarket parts come from a guy named Howard in Europe his store is called KFS you can view his items on his website http://www.kitformservices.com he's got some really nice stuff check him out and tell him Romell sent ya! LOL thx for the compliments also.

He has some great stuff. Expensive, but great. I dont really understand how to order though.

#23 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts
  • Full Name:Romell Robinson

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:36 PM

He has some great stuff. Expensive, but great. I dont really understand how to order though.

Hey Clay just email him with the part number you want and provide him with you CC info and mailing address and he'll do the rest. also tell him what your working on and he'll make sure you get the right parts ie.1/24th as opposed to 1/25th And he'll also let you know what your total is in USD. :lol: Dont forget that hes one day ahead of us so when you send your email it will probably be the middle of the night in Europe so exspect a reply the next day.

Edited by Aftashox, 22 August 2010 - 12:37 PM.

#24 evilone

evilone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:28 PM

Ok now knowing your detail work im gonna have to say this build is going to be....................how do i say...................crazy(no that wont work)..........................awsome(nahh not good enough)............................SICK(that sounds bad)...............................Wait i know how about crazyawsomesickness LOL im going to keep a eye out on this one bro im guessing its going to get real interesting (note pad:check...pen:check... ok im ready to take notes)

#25 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:34 PM

Ok now knowing your detail work im gonna have to say this build is going to be....................how do i say...................crazy(no that wont work)..........................awsome(nahh not good enough)............................SICK(that sounds bad)...............................Wait i know how about crazyawsomesickness LOL im going to keep a eye out on this one bro im guessing its going to get real interesting (note pad:check...pen:check... ok im ready to take notes)

ROFL !!!! CRAZYAWESOMESICKNESS!!!! :lol: we have new word folks, Man i had to read this comment twice, Thx Evilone compliment duely noted! B)

#26 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:38 PM

Ah, shouldn't this be down in the Truck area? That is where mine is located at.

Well the way I see it this is a truck build , thats on the work bench so what I'll do is post the build here but I will post certain aspects of the build in the trucks forum. B)

#27 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:47 PM

Well I decieded that if I was gonna build a more modern Kenworth I have to make some changes right off the bat, so in this installment I was able to modifiy (not scratch build) the cab and sleeper. The resin cab i bought fell short of being Kenworth correct so follow along as I make some corrections......enjoy

this is the resin cab as it came....the windows are wrong and the cab hieght is also wrong so we'll fix that now....
Posted Image

here the window has been corrected , I removed the post in the window and I also reshaped it i also added 5 scale inches to the bottom of the cab. Not quit done yet but its better
Posted Image

the front window had a seperator in the middle also so i removed it , here I have the sleeper that came with the kit ready to be modified
Posted Image

Posted Image

This section had to be cut out because the more modern sleepers are intergrated onto the cab.....
Posted Image

See where Im going???
Posted Image

Edited by Aftashox, 31 August 2010 - 10:11 AM.

#28 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:56 PM

Heres where the fun starts I need to reshape the roof of the cab and the sleeper so they are more in line with a modern cab/sleeper please dont laugh ....well feel free to laugh I did when i looked at what I was doin LOL! B) enjoy

This is how I went about getting the shape I need.
Posted Image

Posted Image

ok laugh now while you have the chance....
Posted Image

I know you guys are like what the heck is he doing!!!???....
Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok you can stop laughing now! LOL its starting to come together....
Posted Image

Edited by Aftashox, 31 August 2010 - 10:13 AM.

#29 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:02 PM

Heres another small update.....the wheels dont fit the kit spindles so I had to make brass fittings for them.....enjoy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Stay tunned to the Pro Modlers Channel for more to come.... B)

Edited by Aftashox, 31 August 2010 - 10:15 AM.

#30 M0par Jim

M0par Jim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:14 PM

Well the way I see it this is a truck build , thats on the work bench so what I'll do is post the build here but I will post certain aspects of the build in the trucks forum. B)

Well in that case, and seeing on how you have a point there about it being on the work bench area also. It can fall into both places of the forum I guess. I will make a thread link in the Work Bench area also for my build. LOL
Remember, I said "link" my thread there as I'll just route it to the thread in the Truck area thread of where my build originally is taking place at.

Hey Romell, thanks for the idea man. I always thought the Work area was for the cars, and the Truck area was for well the trucks LOL.

#31 M0par Jim

M0par Jim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:17 PM

Well your off to a good start man! keep the good work up, and I'll be staying tuned to this channel for the duration of the build.

Oh yea, I was laughing at the photos you said we could laugh at as I know just what you was thinking mostly when you was working on it and what we would be doing also. Us model builders sure does some down right strange things when it comes to building a model. Like Fred Dryer would always say "It works for me" and that is what I mostly say to. If it works, go with it.

#32 Smart-Resins

Smart-Resins

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • Full Name:Jody

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:59 AM

I always figure the "on the work bench" was for any model that fits within the forums guidelines that you are currently working on was for. Then the break downs were for the finished models! However, I always see poeple do it all sorts of ways and well, thats why I dont look just under certain catagories, but hit the "view new topic" button and read the names. If it looks interesting, I click it! if it dont, I dont! I would have passed this topic by completely if I had not noticed who the builder was. But after watching the chevelle, I just had to absolutly check it out! Aftashocks work is so exsquisit that I have to watch it no matter what the built topic is! Never know how many things I might learn!

#33 Foxer

Foxer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,810 posts
  • Full Name:Mike DeRagon

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:09 AM

I wasn't laughing .. I wanted to see it chopped 5" and sectioned seven! :)

The cab looks awesome!

#34 chrismooney

chrismooney

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:35 AM

WOW great work!!! I love how you made a Pete into a kenworth... amazing!!!!

#35 pharr7226

pharr7226

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • Full Name:Rick

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:34 AM

"It's big one. I'm coming to join you honey..." Fred G. Sanford. The G stands for gigantic truck.

You should call it Elizabeth. I'm enjoying watching the mods. Nice work on the suspension and cab. I never built a truck, even in my glue bomb teenage days.

#36 GrandpaMcGurk

GrandpaMcGurk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Full Name:Don

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:07 AM

Yep, that's a big 'un for sure......close your eyes for a moment and imagine the size of that puppy in 1/8th scale, LOL.

#37 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:10 AM

Yep, that's a big 'un for sure......close your eyes for a moment and imagine the size of that puppy in 1/8th scale, LOL.

YIKES!!! that thing would be big enough to ride on! :D

#38 cazxr2

cazxr2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:49 AM

Awsome. I'm not a big truck fan but after seeing who's building It I had to stop
I'm by.(glad I did) ps I laughed haha looked like a school teachers hat lol. My eyes are on this one for sure, and still watchen the nova. Ur the man!!!!! ;)

#39 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:09 PM

Ok Fellas heres the next installment remember I said I wanted to model a more modern wrecker?? with a body like this one
Posted Image

but the kit is like this.....
Posted Image

notice the wrecker I want to model has a longer rear end that has two large doors and about a foot of space between them. So guess what my next mission is? you guessed it I need to scratch build that extra door and space, and at the same time I have to strech the frame. alrighty then! heres what i have done so far.....enjoy!

I decieded the easiest way to do this was to copy the section for the big door directly from the instruction sheet. So i pulled out a sheet of styrene and traced the parts from the tree and made a whole extra set.
Posted Image

new parts from styrene.....
Posted Image

Now what I did was put the first box together using kit parts and one of the sides i made so that the kit side could still connect to the wrecker rear.
Posted Image

heres the two seperate door boxes, one scratch built and the other kit build or kit modified.....
Posted Image

once the two boxes were built I had to connect them as one piece with a scale 12inch center piece....
Posted Image

Posted Image

heres what it looks like connected to the wrecker rear.....
Posted Image

Edited by Aftashox, 31 August 2010 - 10:19 AM.

#40 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:16 PM

OK well i added about 49 scale inches to the wrecker body so that meant i had to add 49scale inches to the chassis so i cut the frame in half and grafted in 49 scale inches of frame from the extra frame that came with the kit....enjoy
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Stay Tuned for more to come...

Edited by Aftashox, 31 August 2010 - 10:21 AM.