Would there be any interest in a tractor trailer community build?

• You cannot reply to this topic
50 replies to this topic

#21 Madd Trucker

Madd Trucker

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Ferguson

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:22 AM

Glad to see any truck as I have a few in mind to build count me in

#22 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:27 AM

i might use the aussie kenworth with a low boy........... :lol: but the thing is should be right hand drive? or left? :lol:

That's up to you, Blake! :lol: A friend of mine has that kit, too, so I know it can be built either way.

#23 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:31 AM

Glad to see any truck as I have a few in mind to build count me in

Good to hear! That is one of the reasons I'm keeping the rules to only a few, so we can have fun and get some trucks off the shelves and on the workbench. :lol:

Edited by highway, 01 October 2010 - 09:32 AM.

#24 Scalefinishes

Scalefinishes

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Full Name:Jameston Kroon

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:37 AM

I'm in. I have a few truck kits, I need to build.

#25 Rick

Rick

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 01:28 PM

Rick, any year truck will qualify, it could even be something like the recently reissued 1926 Mack tanker from Revell! Any scale is welcome, too. If you want to do a 1/32 or even a 1/87, that will work.

Cool, count me in! I don't know exactly what I'll do, but I have plenty to pick from.......... :rolleyes:

Thanks,
Rick

#26 Madd Trucker

Madd Trucker

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Ferguson

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:17 PM

I will pick one of 60 this week end and set it aside for afeer the new year

#27 clayton

clayton

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Full Name:Clayton S

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:55 PM

No Clayton, everyone has their own kit. We build our own kits to our specs as a community.

Hummm, we build our own kit the way we won't with in reason but there is a set time, start on this day be done by this date.

#28 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:58 PM

Hummm, we build our own kit the way we won't with in reason but there is a set time, start on this day be done by this date.

Yes, Clayton, that is correct. You will pick what kit you want to build, you build it the way that you want it, just as long as it is within the one main rule I will have when I actually start the official build thread after January 1 that the truck must be a road legal truck. It will be built between the start date on January 1st and will end in either six months or one year from the starting date. :)

#29 clayton

clayton

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Full Name:Clayton S

Posted 01 October 2010 - 05:29 PM

I'm in, I got one that keeps running through my head and can't get rid of it.well 3 that is. Just about done with the ones on the bench(4 there) now maybe by Nov will have it all cleared off.

#30 Railfreak78

Railfreak78

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Wiltbank

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:53 PM

My friend I am so in! I need to restore my dads old truck. A Kenworth Aerodyne Cab Over. It is in really bad shape but I think I can save it. My dad is also my hero and a trucker. He owns his own cement train after years of driving over the road. He made this one years ago like a promo with no paint or detail and as a young kid I ruined it and then it was destroyed. I have some parts donors now and am geared up to hit the highway!
Posted Image

#31 ewaskew

ewaskew

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • Full Name:Earl Miller

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:57 AM

I would like to join in.
I will build a car hauler tri axle truck & trailer.
Mild custom if thats o.k.
Something like this,I need to build a couple of these anyway to hold my cars that
are backing up.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 JamesW

JamesW

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Full Name:Inactive

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:08 AM

That thing is AWESOME. Looks like the modern day haulers. Wish they made a kit of those.

#33 ewaskew

ewaskew

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • Full Name:Earl Miller

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:22 AM

That thing is AWESOME. Looks like the modern day haulers. Wish they made a kit of those.

Thanks man
I know what you mean about a kit.
I plan on building a KW & a PeterBilt side by side with custom hoods and fenders for truck & trailer,
but theres a lot of scratch building time involved in a kit like this.

#34 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:50 AM

Earl, that car carrier is great! Nice job! I can't wait until the first of the year, I have the feeling already the MCM truck stop will have some beautiful trucks in it!

#35 Blake Rogers

Blake Rogers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Full Name:bubba

Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:08 AM

That's up to you, Blake! :lol: A friend of mine has that kit, too, so I know it can be built either way.

i know that but if am going to build the pay hauler to go with it :P what sucks is that the dash bored for the right hand drive side only comes with a decal for the gauges!!! :blink:

#36 b_lever1

b_lever1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Full Name:bob leverington

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:24 PM

sounds like fun since we're just about done harvest and i'll have lots of time on my hands

#37 Railfreak78

Railfreak78

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Wiltbank

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:38 PM

Hey Guys. I know there are differences with the makes of big trucks but overall basics are the same engine wise. I am making a 1:1 Cat engine post in the references section.

#38 Mark R

Mark R

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Rogers

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:22 PM

If this is a go then count me in. Sounds like fun....looking at this and other topics got me thinkin'
Just give the high sign for when we get started,in the mean time I'll start setting pieces aside :P B) :D

#39 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:43 PM

If this is a go then count me in. Sounds like fun....looking at this and other topics got me thinkin'
Just give the high sign for when we get started,in the mean time I'll start setting pieces aside :P B) :D

It does seem like it will be a go for sure, Mark. The offical build thread will be posted here in the community builds section in mid December and the start date will be January 1st or very shortly thereafter. I'm not 100% sure, but it seems like we will have a few very intesive builds like Earl's idea of two most scratchbuilt car carriers and my idea may involve two rigs, load for both, and support vehicles, so I'm thinking it will be a year build time. That will be finallized in the offical build thread, though, start and end date and the few rules will be in the first post when I post it.

Thanks for all the interest everyone, I can't wait to open up the truck stop!

#40 Mack Man

Mack Man

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Full Name:Alex Vincent

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:33 PM

I'm Keen. Will have some sort of Australian/New Zealand setup.