MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts
  • Full Name:D.W.

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:49 AM

How about the K100 from Thunder Run?

Posted Image

Or, the 1975 Kenworth W-900 A VIT from the same movie.

Posted Image

Posted Image

First time I ever seen a truck and trailer jump over a trains flat bed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This rig belonged to Gene Schreindl. It's a 1975 Kenworth W-900A powered by a Detroit 8v92 w/ Allison HT754 tranny and a Spicer 4 speed along with 4.11 Rockwell Rears. 300" Wheelbase w/ 120" Double Eagle upholstered in avocado-green diamond-pleat Naugahyde and velor. Included in the back is a wash basin, microwave, color tv, vcr, Panasonic stereo with 8 speakers throughout the sleeper and cab, air conditioner and refrigerator. All this is powered by a Kubota 5kw generator.
There is a picture of it on Hank's Truck Pictures in William McCullough w/ a smaller DE.

#62 Jim B

Jim B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts
  • Full Name:James Bongiovanni

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:13 AM

That W900 from "Thunder Run" looks a lot like the "Movin' On" W900.

#63 mistermodel

mistermodel

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Full Name:KEVIN YORKE

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:59 AM

That is a neat Kwhopper.Never heard of that movie.
How would you shift a aux. transmission with an auto with no clutch??I've read about that combo before and not sure how it worked.
Here's another possible build-the day cab astro from "another 48 hours", the one with a box behind the driver for the camera man to hide in

Edited by mistermodel, 09 December 2010 - 09:01 AM.

#64 dwc43

dwc43

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts
  • Full Name:D.W.

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:54 PM

That is a neat Kwhopper.Never heard of that movie.
How would you shift a aux. transmission with an auto with no clutch??I've read about that combo before and not sure how it worked.
Here's another possible build-the day cab astro from "another 48 hours", the one with a box behind the driver for the camera man to hide in

In Thunder Run the gov gets this old man, I think ex military at some point, to drive a truck load of nuclear material to a military base while they ship a fake load by other means. His grandson drives that yellow pick up. Old man outfits that truck with flame throwers by the battery boxes and extends the stacks wayyyyyy above the roof. The VW's have rockets on the roof. That's what the long stacks are for. In the jump pic you can see one is damaged by a heat seeker. Those bars on the front pop open to make a triangular old train type cow catcher to knock stuff out of the way. And yes, they did jump the truck. This was made wayyy before cgi. It had a very long ramp they tried to hide and it got several feet off the ground. Not sure how the trailer stayed on it.

#65 ad2191a

ad2191a

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Full Name:Jim Delaney

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:57 PM

I can't believe no one here has mentioned yet the Mack Superliner from the movie FLATBED ANNIE AND SWEETIE PIE, LADY TRUCKERS!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awesome Movie!! And Annie Potts is HOT!

Should be easy enough to make with the Mack Superliner kit from Italeri

Edited by ad2191a, 03 February 2011 - 12:59 PM.

#66 cappy625

cappy625

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Full Name:anthony caporiccio

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:28 PM

does anybody remember the movie elenore with henery fonda their was a real nice w900 in it
in it

#67 Brinx

Brinx

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Brinx

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:00 PM

does anybody remember the movie elenore with henery fonda their was a real nice w900 in it
in it

The Great Smokey Mountain Road Block. Was a really nice made-for-TV movie.

#68 donkeypuncher76

donkeypuncher76

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Full Name:James Hurst

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:09 PM

Ok, like I said, I'd get this steered back on track, and I'm surprised noone, especially Mark R since he has one as his avatar picture, has not mentioned the movie version of Optimus Prime.

Posted Image

The Revell Pete 359 would work with some long hood mods. I'm not sure what the old school cartoon version was, I think a Freightliner cabover, but if that's the case, AMT's White Freightliner Dual Drive would be perfect.

I know by now since i haven't finished the thread but the original Optimas Prime in the 80's cartoon was a red and blue KW cabover, and i know this will be said. The pic of Optimas(flat top pete version) with that sweet stainless 53'er is in transformers 3, he gets p.o'd when he dumps it in final battle sequence. I wish I was talented enough to accomplish that paint job. it has now become my all time favorite movie star..R.D#2, BJ's KW now#3 lol.!!!!!!!!!!!!!My bad, it was a freightliner in the 80's cartoon, just saw one on tv, and the funny thing about the new version; it's pulling a reefer, we knw why, but prime has that massive chrome headache rack for flatbeddin? silly i kinow..

Edited by donkeypuncher76, 25 June 2012 - 12:19 PM.

#69 lapazleo

lapazleo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Full Name:Leo Bishop

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

How bout some of the other trucks from Flatbed Annie and Sweetie pie like the long wheelbase coe Freightliner? Also the Western Star from Steel Cowboy.

#70 willie22869

willie22869

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Full Name:willie e. nixon

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

this is the actual porkchop express from big trouble in chinatown. it went to our local community college where it was rebuilt about 15 years ago now a local driver owns it

freigthliner005.jpg

#71 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

How about the K100 from Thunder Run?

i209405.jpg

Or, the 1975 Kenworth W-900 A VIT from the same movie.

i209403.jpg

145557-ThunderRun4.JPG

First time I ever seen a truck and trailer jump over a trains flat bed.

145559-ThunderRun9.JPG

145560-ThunderRun8.JPG

This rig belonged to Gene Schreindl. It's a 1975 Kenworth W-900A powered by a Detroit 8v92 w/ Allison HT754 tranny and a Spicer 4 speed along with 4.11 Rockwell Rears. 300" Wheelbase w/ 120" Double Eagle upholstered in avocado-green diamond-pleat Naugahyde and velor. Included in the back is a wash basin, microwave, color tv, vcr, Panasonic stereo with 8 speakers throughout the sleeper and cab, air conditioner and refrigerator. All this is powered by a Kubota 5kw generator.
There is a picture of it on Hank's Truck Pictures in William McCullough w/ a smaller DE.

+Here ya go, a link to the full Thunder Run movie. I just watched it. I hope you like cheese!!!!!!!! There's a lot of it in this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Ben, 03 January 2013 - 06:55 AM.

#72 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Lee Gunter

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

On Highwayman, you have 2 Different Rigs shown.

I liked that one too. How about the fact that the rig was a Combination Semi & Helicopter!!???

And wasn't Cletus' rig in the First Smokey & The Bandit a KW not a Pete??

Ertl (Before owning AMT & MPC) offered the Trailer from Smoke/Bandit 2 in kit for complete with the Mural

Always wanted to get one, but never did!!!

#73 tooltas

tooltas

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts
  • Full Name:todd staples

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:19 AM

what no autocar from overtop.movie or the wilder gmc/ white and end.

#74 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Lee Gunter

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

What about "Goliath" from 2 episodes of Knight Rider??

Was it a Pete or KW COE??

#75 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts
  • Full Name:Sean W Brady

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

Smokey and the Bandit one is a kw 900 series

(Which a friend of mines uncle is claiming to own it now but I demanded to see it so next time he comes through hes bringing it!...He also has laid to claim of finding the where abouts of number 2!...We will see)

number 2 was the GMC GENERAL

3 was the pete that has been mentioned before

What about another kw!...Movin' On!...amt kit is inaccurate as heck...Would need the rvg kit and a short hood from the amt kit along with a battery box from aitm.com and a 903 from a caster along with decals from jerry at modeltruckin.com or the amt kit could be used to build the Pilot episode truck!?

Which is now owned by Paul Sagehorn!

http://www.tenfourma...2007/PZmay1.jpg

Edited by bandit1, 06 June 2013 - 08:59 AM.

#76 tooltas

tooltas

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts
  • Full Name:todd staples

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

how about ice road trucker show

#77 blazefox

blazefox

MCM Ohana