4 replies to this topic

#1 Mike

Mike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 08:38 AM

This little project was a T O N of fun to break the monotony of building cars etc. It's a 1/87 scale scene on a Jif peanut butter lid. :D I highly recommend trying to build one of these.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 ramonesblues

ramonesblues

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 12:16 PM

prety cool. I especially like the "Maverick"

#3 soonerolds

soonerolds

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:00 PM

I see Project "PBL" has moved from that other forum to this one. Great work, Mike.

#4 Barbo

Barbo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 06:15 PM

Hi ..Mike , I am glad to know that I am not the only one , sometimes I break the rules and do something different , thank you for breaking the ice. Here is one of my dioramas in 1/87 (HO) scale. Its the ''Adams Family'' house from POLAR LIGHTS . I also have the model house from ''PSYCHO'' to build....hope you like it..............Barbo. http://s123.photobuc...85/000_0003.jpg http://s123.photobuc...85/000_0004.jpg

#5 Mike Whatshisname

Mike Whatshisname

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 05:06 AM

From the PBL challenge on "the other"board, here is an old Route 66 type gas sign from the Rocket Gas Station in Creston, Iowa...(sorry for the crappy pics)!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The base is made from drywall, carved to look like brick in front of cinder blocks. The sign is tubing, plastic & metal, and styrene. Scratchbuilt clutter (plumbers helper, air conditioner, lamp, boxes etc.) gives the base some personality.