#761 donkeypuncher76

donkeypuncher76

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Full Name:James Hurst

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

My amt coe Freightliner, need a trailer and some work this week. pics, and factory papers i found cas close as memory serves for colors, thx. sorry for such a big album guys.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image trying for top left,same as coe in color, oh btw Highway, NICE 2 see a "weenie wagon" parked backed in straight...awesome forum, can't believe it took so long to stumble onto it, great work you guys.

#762 donkeypuncher76

donkeypuncher76

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

Need to make some touch ups on paint/striping, was distracted during masking, 3rd stripe on side needs removed where line goes up past side box.. cut lines r gone.lolPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#763 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas J. Winter

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

June 30th is approaching quickly and though it's sad to say I don't think I'll be making the deadline with both of my entries, I managed to finish the Jeep, but my wrecker keeps dragging on, anyway, this is the stage it is at.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I Plan to finish before the year is out, after all If I don't it'll be 3 years in the making.

Nick

#764 donkeypuncher76

donkeypuncher76

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

June 30th is approaching quickly and though it's sad to say I don't think I'll be making the deadline with both of my entries, I managed to finish the Jeep, but my wrecker keeps dragging on, anyway, this is the stage it is at.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I Plan to finish before the year is out, after all If I don't it'll be 3 years in the making.

Nick

When stumbled onto this threa, i can't how much i didn't do the rest of the day,lol. Have seen your tower come together, lotta work. The boogers on knife lines, wrongly drawn stripes
,yes the roomates extremely horrid child. Itried a few things today that will have paint going again. that kit is mother to seemless and smooth i almost cried..

#765 ghoodii

ghoodii

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Full Name:georgeHood

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

OK.....Here I come....sliding in under the wire....truck has been built for a while....and even got a first place at the IPMSNOVA show last month. The problem has been "Photo Bucket" and my lack of computer savvy. Enough whining....on with the model,

The truck is the first of the three that i signed on for...Freightliner COE and Fruehauf flatbed.

Started with a Round 2 reissue, built straight out of the box. I found a Freightliner sales brochure and wanted something a little different, so I chose the "Oxnard" ]paint scheme.
Posted Image

Painted with Testors Model Masters Laquers and clear coat, stripes are painted...gotta love Tamiya masking tape. Black pinstripe between colors is from "Detail Masters"
Posted Image

Added extras include some plumbing and wiring on both the engine and chassis using small wire and solder, I also closed in the back of the steps on the cab and used "Scale Hardware" acorn nuts on the front wheels to dress them up. I also added weather strip around wheel well openings and used "BMF" to dress up a few things.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
I joined it with the reissue of the Fruefauf flatbed, painted the same green as truck chassis and light gray. Extras on the trailer include, scratch built tool box, spare tire carrier, strap winders and step ladder. The "load" are small cardboard boxes covered in paper towel soaked in white glue and painted with acrylics, rolled tarps are the same. Straps are ribbon from the sewing department at Wal-Mart
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks for looking....

#766 ghoodii

ghoodii

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Full Name:georgeHood

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

If the Freightliner was sliding in under the wire on the deadline....then this one is skidding in sideways!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I will post a couple of pictures tonight with a brief description to beat the deadline for the build and to a more detailed description with more pictures in "Big Rigs" tomorrow. (My third build for the Community Build...Titan with a tanker, never even came close...Oh, Well) Anyway..back to this one...

The end result is no where near the direction I started...but I am really pleased with the end result. I was originally going to use the Revell wrecker body from the Kenworth kit...for an "updated rebuilt" looking wrecker. Then I stumbled on a 1/25 "First Gear" NAPA Holmes wrecker on Ebay for next to nothing.....changed directions and I think you will agree...It just looks right.

Started with the AMT Autocar dumptruck kit, lengthed the frame (probably should have reinforced it a little looking at the pictures) used the sleeper from an AMT Peterbilt 359 and the wrecker body from the diecast.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#767 donkeypuncher76

donkeypuncher76

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

OK.....Here I come....sliding in under the wire....truck has been built for a while....and even got a first place at the IPMSNOVA show last month. The problem has been "Photo Bucket" and my lack of computer savvy. Enough whining....on with the model,

The truck is the first of the three that i signed on for...Freightliner COE and Fruehauf flatbed.

Started with a Round 2 reissue, built straight out of the box. I found a Freightliner sales brochure and wanted something a little different, so I chose the "Oxnard" ]paint scheme.
Posted Image

Painted with Testors Model Masters Laquers and clear coat, stripes are painted...gotta love Tamiya masking tape. Black pinstripe between colors is from "Detail Masters"
Posted Image

Added extras include some plumbing and wiring on both the engine and chassis using small wire and solder, I also closed in the back of the steps on the cab and used "Scale Hardware" acorn nuts on the front wheels to dress them up. I also added weather strip around wheel well openings and used "BMF" to dress up a few things.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
I joined it with the reissue of the Fruefauf flatbed, painted the same green as truck chassis and light gray. Extras on the trailer include, scratch built tool box, spare tire carrier, strap winders and step ladder. The "load" are small cardboard boxes covered in paper towel soaked in white glue and painted with acrylics, rolled tarps are the same. Straps are ribbon from the sewing department at Wal-Mart
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks for looking....

###### nice!!!!!!!!!!!!! so close to what i wanted to do, but i'm in cab redo mode, very very nice job.

#768 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

Howdy y'all from the shadow of the Gateway Arch in East St. Louis IL! I'm still on the road and not building, and with this being the case, I have added this to the first post on the first page:

EDIT: DUE TO LIFE ON THE ROAD CRUISING THE NATION IN MY 1:1, THIS BUILD WILL NOW HAVE AN ENDING DATE OF TO BE ANNOUNCED!!! I HAVE VERY LIMITED INTERNET ACCESS AND WILL CATCH EVERYTHING UP ONCE I COME OFF THE ROAD AND ANNOUNCE A NEW END DATE AT THAT TIME!!!!

Feel free to keep building, and once I do come off the road again, I will start building again and figure up a new ending date and then FINALLY we will have the MCM truck show!

By the way, if anyone is going to Walcott for the Iowa 80 Trucker's Jamboree on July 12 and 13, I hope to see you there! I've already made plans to take time off there for the show! I plan on taking a LOT of pics to get some new build ideas!

#769 donkeypuncher76

donkeypuncher76

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

Howdy y'all from the shadow of the Gateway Arch in East St. Louis IL! I'm still on the road and not building, and with this being the case, I have added this to the first post on the first page:

EDIT: DUE TO LIFE ON THE ROAD CRUISING THE NATION IN MY 1:1, THIS BUILD WILL NOW HAVE AN ENDING DATE OF TO BE ANNOUNCED!!! I HAVE VERY LIMITED INTERNET ACCESS AND WILL CATCH EVERYTHING UP ONCE I COME OFF THE ROAD AND ANNOUNCE A NEW END DATE AT THAT TIME!!!!

Feel free to keep building, and once I do come off the road again, I will start building again and figure up a new ending date and then FINALLY we will have the MCM truck show!

By the way, if anyone is going to Walcott for the Iowa 80 Trucker's Jamboree on July 12 and 13, I hope to see you there! I've already made plans to take time off there for the show! I plan on taking a LOT of pics to get some new build ideas!

Good luck bro,keep the rubber side down and the shiney side up, I love the 80, my min-pin not so much; there is a "dog-o-mat" next to the truck wash. A lil ramp to walk him up, a leash to keep 'em there and a 6 cycle doggie car wash complete with airdry!

#770 clayton

clayton

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Full Name:Clayton S

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:36 AM

Up date,P&P resin lights. wax and buffed.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Hi all. No update on this.As a rule my Summer build time gets cut. every one is starting to head home from summer trips So will be back at in the next few weeks. Now if I can remember were I left off.

Edited by clayton, 19 July 2012 - 04:37 AM.

#771 ford514

ford514

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Full Name:kevin ford

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

finally had time to paint my 78 ford. i'm really liking the colors. here it is. then i can try to finish up the hauler and get it painted

Attached File  100_6812.JPG   110.24KB   13 downloads
Attached File  100_6809.JPG   145.31KB   19 downloadsAttached File  100_6811.JPG   154.51KB   18 downloads
Attached File  100_6813.JPG   171.86KB   14 downloadsAttached File  100_6814.JPG   129.66KB   11 downloadsAttached File  100_6815.JPG   109.22KB   17 downloads

here it is with the rims and tires, looks really good
Attached File  100_6820.JPG   144.89KB   18 downloads

#772 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Full Name:Sean W Brady

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

hey kevin...i have to ask about your back windshield....is that a decal or ?

killer though!

#773 ford514

ford514

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Full Name:kevin ford

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

the back glass is a decal from the revell f250, the newer one that has the brown and white one on the box if i remember right. i've not done decals in some years so it was kind of a pain but i just kinda outlined it and then put in right on the "glass"

#774 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

thanks kevin...ill keep an eye out for them!

#775 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:50 AM

the back glass is a decal from the revell f250, the newer one that has the brown and white one on the box if i remember right. i've not done decals in some years so it was kind of a pain but i just kinda outlined it and then put in right on the "glass"

thanks kevin...ill keep an eye out for them!

This would be the one you want to keep looking for, Sean.

Posted Image

#776 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:12 AM

thanks there highway!....ill keep an eye out for that kit!

#777 Detroit Dave

Detroit Dave

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Full Name:David Marshall

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

I would like to join this too . I have read through the whole 41 pages and see some incredible builds.

I havn't  built a model in near 25 years but now I am a born again model trucker :)

I don't know what I wold enter if allowed.

Regards.

Dave.

#778 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

I dont think id ever get that one snap pete project of mine done!....i may add in another if i can of another snap pete that im getting close to getting done!...ill get some pics up soon as i figure a few things out! :lol:

#779 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

Ok i have to ask ...

Has anyone "Finished" theres yet? :huh: ...Being its been since December since the last post? B)

#780 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas J. Winter

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

I finished both my entries, only took 2 1/2 years.........

Nick