#1 Willie

Willie

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Full Name:William "Willie" Taylor

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:24 PM

Hello all here is a 1979 Ford Bronco the rerelease of the AMT Wild Hoss Bronco i just finished up it came out ok i guess for a "quick" build for me i still need to clear the hood and i might add some minor details later (break lines) here are some of the details:
Rear suspension: scratch built springs, shocks, rear axle a Ford 9" from an older AMT NASCAR kit modified to make it wider
Front suspension: scratch built coils and radius arm drop brakets,shocks,sway bar link extensions, scratch built steering stablizers and mounts
Engine: 351 from a Monogram Thunderbird NASCAR kit with some detail added Detail Master dist. wires and coil, fuel line from Detail Master kit Transmission Transfer case from the Monogram High Roller Ford
Interior: Seats from the Escalde kit with the Caddy emblem removed then painted with suede paint flocked with scratch built arm rest and door handels the rest is from the Bronco kit
Body: paint id the Testors one coat laquer Root Beer color top was painted with camo tan scratch built square tube grill all emblems removed hole for spare tire filled in rear bumper is from the AMT 96 Ford truck front is from the Bronco kit
Tires and wheels: the tires are the Interco Trxus from So-Real and the wheels are aluminum ones from RPP Hobby with photoetch centers
Thanks for looking and like allways any and all comments good or bad are very welcome
The pics could be better but i rushed them here they are
This first pic is it with its bigger brother LOL
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:41 PM

Posted Image

Nice job Willie. Is it just my eyes or the fit of the kit, or did you replicate a body lift on this too?

By the way, any chance of a post of it's big brother?

#3 Willie

Willie

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Full Name:William "Willie" Taylor

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:52 PM

I did put a body lift on it as well i thought i would be able to get by witout one but just didnt give me the stance i really wanted and yeah i need to get a few better pics of its "Big Brother" and i'll post em
Thanks, Willie

#4 RodneyBad

RodneyBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:51 PM

Well, outside of having a wider stance on the Bronco.
(and a link to the wheels :D I can't find them searching RPP even tho I swear I saw them once)

It looks Perty Dang Good.
Great looking lift
Super nice looking wheels

Great looking build.

And yes, do show pics of the Bigger Bro.
It has some great looking Flex to it and nice weathering.

#5 jeffs396

jeffs396

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:39 AM

Looks great Willie!!!