Model Cars Magazine Forum

Landy Challenger

caine440

Just a quick post on a build that have been kicking my butt for over a year.

I just can not get the paint right, I am on at least my third try. I have stripped it soooo many times the hood got ruined. Don at Reliable Resin came though for me with a new one or it would have been dead in the water. Thanks again Don!

Here is where it.

IMG_6665.jpg

IMG_6667.jpg

IMG_6664.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Looks good man. But I'm curious...would you have any photos of Landy's Hemi with the dual distributor ignition setup you have there? I don't recall hemis having dual distributors back in the 70 - 71 Pro Stock era. That doesn't mean they weren't there but I just don't recall them back then and I'd love to see a photo of that setup from back then. I met Landy in 1971 and was up close and personal to his car in the pits and I don't remember the 2 distributors.

Thanks much for that photo Roger. I was one of the track announcers at Connecticut Dragway back in that time frame and as such I was in the pits around these Pro Stocks when they came to the track for a show. But I could not for the life of me remember the 16 plug heads in 70 or 71. :):)

I love sharing the old Pro Stock stuff.

Just wish I would have done more studying be before I wired the motor wrong!

I am just not willing to tear it apart to fix the firing order at this point. I just want to get this thing finished and on the shelf.

Here is a cool trading card of the real deal from 1972.

IMG_6653.jpg

Thanks again for looking!

Thanks!

The 1971 Challenger looks like a restored recreation. The only color scheme I have ever seen on the original 1970 and 1971 Challenger Pro Stock cars were silver, blue and red.

Dicklandy71.jpg

DickLandy5.jpg

70challenger-02.jpg

Although I have heard of a Super Stock Challenger Landy fielded during 74 as the Mopar guys protested all the rule changes that made them uncompetitive. I have never seen photos of that car.

Thanks again!

Looks good man. But I'm curious...would you have any photos of Landy's Hemi with the dual distributor ignition setup you have there? I don't recall hemis having dual distributors back in the 70 - 71 Pro Stock era. That doesn't mean they weren't there but I just don't recall them back then and I'd love to see a photo of that setup from back then. I met Landy in 1971 and was up close and personal to his car in the pits and I don't remember the 2 distributors.

Terry, Even the Sox & Martin Pro Stock 'Cuda was running dual distributors along with other teams also. Dual distributors werevery popular then and some guys are running with them today also.

Thanks Don!

I am getting back into the groove after moving into the new house.

I decided to use the clear headlights I got from you on this one. They are looking very cool!

Thanks again for the hood! You saved the day big time!

No Worries Roger , we've all missed you & your build posts :lol:

I'll be re-introducing all our ( revised old MPC ) 70's Pro Stock w/ the corrected rear wheel wells,Shaved Bumper, Clear or Tinted Headlights, Wrinkle Walls , New Wheels etc...

i.e. 72 Duster , 71 Challenger , 72>73 Challenger , 71 / 72 Demon

How's that 73>74 P/S Duster we sent you , coming along ?

19561_100803149953472_100000713625880_21158_4178184_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks!

Don, The Duster is on Deck as is the 71 Challenger you sent me. I have 65 Ramchargers AWB in the works now then then Duster. I need some nice weather to do the resin work outside as the wife would not be happy with the dust in the new house. :P

That is one heck of a nice paint job, You nailed it. 71 Challenger? Thats another one to put on my list of kits to get.I seen this over in underglass. Excellent job.