Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge Magnum

Cesar Bossolani

Guest Sickfish

I can hear the Boom! Boom! Boom! From those subwoofers already bro! Nice !

Cheers Meu amigo, Cliffo!

Thanks! You would like to know about Mustang 4-link? For bars I'd used 1.0mm and 2.0mm round rods, I did brackets from 0.5mm sheet... But I'll redo all of them... Today I got 3.0mm square tube. Gift from my super friend Cliffo!!! When Magnum will be finished I'll re-start my Stang. Thanks for interesting bro!

Cesar Bossolani

Thanx Cesar,

Now for another question.What size and type of styrene do you use for the brackets on the chassis?

Guest Sickfish

Thanx Cesar,

Now for another question.What size and type of styrene do you use for the brackets on the chassis?

gautreau... I don't know what size the original brackets were but Cesar is my good mate & whilst I've been working on a couple of Mopars, both with 4-Link set-ups, which I previewed to Cesar, he asked me what size I used for my brackets, as I figured out an easier, less fiddly, way to make them, using 3mm tubing. I have since sent him some because it's not avail' in his hometown of Brazil. I'm absolutely stoked that he liked my version & he has since told me he's going to re-do his 4-link set up on his Mustang, a similar way 

Here's a pic of mine...

a5b3bf99.jpg

a0f1dbb6.jpg

I shaved/cut off 1 side of the square tubing then cut them at the angle I needed to fit the chassis 

Cheers Cliffo

gautreau... I don't know what size the original brackets were but Cesar is my good mate & whilst I've been working on a couple of Mopars, both with 4-Link set-ups, which I previewed to Cesar, he asked me what size I used for my brackets, as I figured out an easier, less fiddly, way to make them, using 3mm tubing. I have since sent him some because it's not avail' in his hometown of Brazil. I'm absolutely stoked that he liked my version & he has since told me he's going to re-do his 4-link set up on his Mustang, a similar way 

Here's a pic of mine...

a5b3bf99.jpg

a0f1dbb6.jpg

I shaved/cut off 1 side of the square tubing then cut them at the angle I needed to fit the chassis 

Cheers Cliffo

Thanx for sharing that Cliffo.Are you using sqare tubing?Just wondering for when I start putting 4-links in almost everything I'll be woring one.

Thanx Jeremy,

Guest Sickfish

Thanx for sharing that Cliffo.Are you using sqare tubing?Just wondering for when I start putting 4-links in almost everything I'll be woring one.

Thanx Jeremy,

Jeremy.... Yes mate, using 3mm x 3mm square tubing, with 1 side trimmed off 

Cheers Cliffo

Jeremy, sorry for my delay. Actually, agree with Cliffo and I'll re-do my Mustang rear end based on his job!!! He is the guy!!! He sent me a lot of tubes and I could make 100~120 rears ends!!! LOL!!! It's perfect to do it!

Actually they both Mopars Cliffo's are building has the mostly accurate 4-link in scale, made from scratch I was ever seen. They inspire me... I just sent to him couple pics and he did a gorgeous job IMO.

Cliffo THANKS for your help brother!!! Your rides are going to blowing minds for sure!!!

Cheers!

Cesar Bossolani

Edited by Cesar Bossolani

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sickfish

Rick, Cesar was close, I used 0.8mm Scale Hardware nuts/bolts. I recommend their products & service to anyone & everyone! They're great! 

fd9ab516.jpg

Cesar... The Magnum's sure gunna fly now! Lol! 

Cheers Cliffo 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys!! Rick be patience, please... Was covered today with a shot of future wax... Next step is uretane clear coat. HOK is awesome!! Believe in me!

Today update:

Obsidian Schawarz from Benz followed with uretane high-solids clear, all PPG.

magnum_39.jpg

magnum_40.jpg

I hope you like it! Thanks to see. All feedback are welcome!

Cesar Bossolani

Edited by Cesar Bossolani

Guest Sickfish

Fantastico Cesar! Like a mirror! & still clear coat to come! It will be Triple black beautiful when finished! Awesome paint work Irmao! 

Cheers Cliffo! 