Base model 2005 C6 Corvette (plain vanilla)
Posted 08 May 2006 - 03:37 PM
Here is another build from last year. Instead of your usual nicely loaded car, I wanted to do something different: A plain Jane, plain vanilla, cheap (relative) base model C6. So I modified the kit for a base 2005 model.
Why would you do that? This could be either:
- A car you would buy to modify extensively either for racing or customizing (show car, aftermarket demonstrator etc)
- A dealer "bait" car to advertise "Brand new 2005 Corvettes starting at only $$$$"
- A car you die for but can not afford, so you go to extremes to get it
The important thing about this model is not what it has, but it does not:
-NO body colored door handles.
- No body colored 3rd brake lamp
- Base 1SX Ebony seats, NOT 1SA or 1SB sport seats.
- White paint. NOT extra cost paint like LeMans blue, Millenium Yellow or Magnetic red.
- NO 1SB Heads Up Display (HUD).
- NO F55 magnetic selective ride control option (knob behind shifter)
- No navigation system
- NO XM radio
- NO CC3 transparent optional roof. Just the regular painted one.
- Standard aluminum wheels. NOT QG7 polished or QX1 competition grey, or chrome.
- Standard brakes with NO upgraded rotors from Z51 suspension option.
More pics and details here:
Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:33 PM
Posted 10 May 2006 - 03:39 AM
Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:07 PM