#1521 GoatGuy

GoatGuy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Ryberg

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

Those parts are awesome. Get better soon.

#1522 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,736 posts
  • Full Name:-Chris

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Well guys been tinkering on this for most of the day today and I can say I finally have something assembled on this project. I wrapped up the assembly of the rear end today. I am stoked to have it done. I just need to add one more little detail to it and call it good and then move onto the next part of this project. Anyway I will try to get some better pics tomorrow. Little tired and need to head to bed.

Here is the front view of the rear end completed:

Posted Image

Here is the back view of the rear end:

Posted Image

Here is an up close view of the center section. I still need to add a bolt on the bracket I made as the brake line hold down tab:

Posted Image

#1523 gasser59

gasser59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Full Name:Brad Norgaard

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:17 AM

Looks fantastic Chris and I'll bet it feels great to achieve this milestone. What's next?

#1524 GoatGuy

GoatGuy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:32 AM

Looks great Chris. Take care of yourself so you can get more done.

#1525 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,736 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:02 AM

Brad.... Thanks Bud. You are right it feels great reaching this milestone. Well besides getting this rear end done. I re-sprayed the fuel tank and the fuel tank hold down strap. I will take some new pics that and some better ones of the rear end. Next up to bat is to finish reworking the master cylinder, which I am partly there. I have removed the dual piston to make it a single piston and I just need to glue the single piston piece in place. Then its ready for primer and paint. I have also stripped the paint on the headers because I was not happy with them so I will be re-shooting those too. I will also be working on the new valve covers today drilling the bolts out for the scale hardware ones as well as drilling out the holes for the spark plugs that will go into the build. I will also need to drill holes in the new heads for the bolts for the headers too. Then back onto the chassis details of sanding and making some of the joints better so I can get the chassis painted and working more on the engine.

Dave.... Thanks man. I think I stayed up too late last night and didn't get as much rest as I should of....lol

#1526 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,562 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:16 AM

Beautiful rear end you've got there, Chris.

:lol: :P ;)

B)

#1527 sflam123

sflam123

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

Beautiful work. Your attention to detail is fantastic.

#1528 frozono

frozono

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Full Name:Luis Sanchez

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:16 AM

WOW.......nice details...... B)

#1529 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,473 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

Fantastic Work, as Always, Chris! B) You do great job, and that rear axle looks perfect to me. Just like real thing. Paint and everything looks absolutely incredible for me. Keep up the fantastic work with this one, I can't wait to see more!

#1530 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Davis

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

beautiful Chris! stay at that bench my man!!

#1531 Dyno Davo

Dyno Davo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Full Name:David Loye

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:49 AM

Check out that rear end :o !!!!, the one on the car Chris, don't get all weird on me now :D

#1532 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,736 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hey Everyone.... thank you all of the wonderful comments, I really do appreciate them. Well I have finally started feeling better and getting over this cold. I still have a little of it lingering but I didn't let it stop me from getting a little time at the bench tonight. I wouldn't say I got a whole lot accomplished but enough to just about have the master cylinder reworked. So from the previous one you saw I had it set up as a dual piston type which is used on car with front and rear brakes and since this car only has rear brakes I had to make the change. So I got it redone as a single piston as well as made a gasket for the top and was able to get it in primer. Here are a few pics and I will be working on a lot more this weekend.

Here is all of the parts laid out. The Master Cylinder body and top is scratch built. The gasket was made from a 3x5 card cut to size then colored with a black sharpie. The piston is a rod end from RB Motion and then I used 1/32" O-rings stacked for the rubber boot:

Posted Image

Here it is all assembled, I am planning on painting it this weekend with one of my Alclad aluminum colors:

Posted Image

#1533 GoatGuy

GoatGuy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

Good to hear you're doing better. The single piston unit looks great and now I know why they would use single versus dual. Hope you have more time this weekend to get parts painted.

#1534 futurattraction

futurattraction

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Full Name:Scott Popham

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

It's looking great Chris. I'll look forward to seeing it, and other pieces, progressing in the coming days. I'm glad it sounds like you've turned the corner on your being sick. Take care, bud!

#1535 Magic Photos

Magic Photos

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Garland

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

Looks great Chris glad to see you are working on this build it is coming along great

#1536 doomcrew

doomcrew

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Full Name:steve salmon

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

coming along nicely chris. looking forward to seeing more.

steve

#1537 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Beard

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

I missed the last couple updates, Parts are looking good Chris.

#1538 edboys

edboys

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Johnson

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Chris, Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well and hope it passes soon. Just wanted to know if you received the updated parts I sent you recently? I know you commented on the Mallory mag, but have you gotten the new heads and valve covers?

#1539 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,736 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Dave... thanks bud!

Scott... thanks man!

Mike... thank you. It was also great to catch up with you yesterday as well.

Steve... Thanks

Joe.... No worries man. I know life gets busy

Mark... Thanks bud... Hopefully you got my email. Sorry I didn't send an email sooner. being sick screwed me up a little wondering if I had told you or not when I received the parts... lol I do have an update with both new parts on the engine.

#1540 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,736 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

Alright fellas.... I was able to get some bench time in today and little last night but not as much as I was originally hoping for but it's ok because I made some progress. I was able to get my master cylinder painted as well as making my new linkage from the brake lever to the master cylinder. Then I stared to work on the engine block and the new parts I received from Mark Johnson. swapped out the heads and valve covers and had to re-drill all the holes. I still have to drill holes for the headers into the heads. And then I was able to drill the hole for the new Mallory Ignition for the engine as well. Here are a few pics of the progress.....

Here is the Master Cylinder after I painted it with Alclad #102 DurAluminum:

Posted Image

I also reworked the linkage between the master cylinder and brake handle. Since I switched the master cylinder to a single piston. I ended up having to be creative on how I made the connection for the new linkage and here is what I came up with:

Posted Image

I have got the new valve covers and heads that Mark had sent me. I drilled holes for the bold hardware into the valve covers and then transfer drilled them into the heads. I Will be drilling the holes for the spark plugs in the valve covers and will be putting in RB motion turned spark plugs as well as needing to drill the holes for the header bolts into the heads:

Posted Image

Here is the Mallory Ignition from Mark Johnson. got the angle and hole drilled for it in the right location:

Posted Image

Here is the other valve cover:

Posted Image