Dragline

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Frias

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:30 AM

OK, hold onto your hats here.

I'm in for the "Pink Cadillac". Believe it or don't, I actually have one in paint right now.

How bizarre is that?

Bob

#22 Dragline

Dragline

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:38 AM

The reason the Ides Of March song "Vehicle" sounds like BST is because David Clayton Thomas sang it. He eventually joined BST. Or did BST evolve from IOM?

I forget.

My song "Freeway" from the pointer Sisters [Or Springsteens tune] both have pink Cadillacs in them.

So there ya have it.

I'm in

Bob

#23 CorvairJim

CorvairJim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  • Full Name:Jim Ely

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

The reason the Ides Of March song "Vehicle" sounds like BST is because David Clayton Thomas sang it. He eventually joined BST. Or did BST evolve from IOM?

I forget.

My song "Freeway" from the pointer Sisters [Or Springsteens tune] both have pink Cadillacs in them.

So there ya have it.

I'm in

Bob

Hey, I didn't know that about David Clayton Thomas singing lead for Ides of March! I try to learn something new every day, no matter how trivial... It took me until 12:25 AM today, but I made it before I went to bed so I guess it counts!B)

Bob, you're down for your Pink Cadillac. I'm not familiar with that one; Is it the same one as Aretha Franklin's "Freeway Of Love"? That's one of my favorite Motown tunes, and a great driving song!

Edited by CorvairJim, 27 March 2011 - 06:35 PM.

#24 Lunajammer

Lunajammer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Laliberte

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:49 PM

I'd barely read any of this thread before I got so excited to see if I wanted to contribute. I looked up car songs and found "Vehicle" which has been one of my favorites my whole life. Now a local 12-piece band with 6 horns does that song and if you want an out of body experience, hear it live! Sadly, now I see there's been so much traffic about that song on this thread that I'm not gonna do it. That's okay, there's lots of ideas.

#25 Dragline

Dragline

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:33 AM

I dragged it out for a couple of pics. It's been dry for a couple of weeks now. I put it away so I would not be tempted to do anything else on it till my 1960 Starliner and 07 GT500 are finished. I'll be done by the deadline by a mile though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I may end up painting the top cover an off white. Interior will be white of course.

Bob

#26 CorvairJim

CorvairJim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:35 PM

Lookin' good, Bob! I put this CBP together and all I've done so far is open the box (Lindberg '64 Dodge 330) to see what I have to work with and some on-line research to make sure I get the details of 1960's Super Stockers correct.

#27 diymirage

diymirage

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,507 posts
  • Full Name:Eelco Egelmeer

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:26 PM

after looking through my stash i found the perfect candidate for this here build
(mine will be a rusty chevrolet)

its a 1978 monte carlo
(from the class action)

it has the engine done and had the chassis done, which will now need to be redone to make it lok all rusty,junky and well, chevrolet looking
(oh, and ima need to remove the left from tire/wheel)

#28 hvymtl

hvymtl

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Full Name:Michael Smith

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:48 PM

Well i am really digging this black sunshine is one of the best songs. But i have one of The Boss's songs Racing in the streets.

I got a sixty-nine Chevy with a 396
Fuelie heads and a Hurst on the floor
She's waiting tonight down in the parking lot
Outside the Seven-Eleven store
Me and my partner Sonny built her straight out of scratch
And he rides with me from town to town
We only run for the money got no strings attached
We shut `em up and then we shut `em down
Tonight tonight the strip's just right
I wanna blow `em off in my first heat
Summer's here and the time is right
We're goin' racin' in the street
We take all the action we can meet
And we cover all the northeast state
When the strip shuts down we run `em in the street
From the fire roads to the interstate

More lyrics: http://www.lyricsfre...ingsteen/#share
Now i have to figure out what car to do now . Maybe i can ask
the wife to let me get a copo Nova :lol:
If not i can always do the 69 Chevelle or drag one of the Many camaros on the shelf . But this is now a conundrum for me as to what era street racer do i build the car to. '70's '80's or today? any thing in the spirit of the contest ?????

Michael

Edited by hvymtl, 30 March 2011 - 05:01 PM.

#29 Lunajammer

Lunajammer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Laliberte

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:25 PM

I had a thought today of somebody doing something wild with the AMTronic kit to the tune of The Who's "Magic Bus." Not me though. But it would be fun one to watch come together.

#30 gpugh1976

gpugh1976

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts
  • Full Name:Greg Pugh

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:48 PM

It's like on one hand....I wanna get in on this SOOO bad just cuz models and music are my things. But, on the other hand, I've got so many projects going right now.......DANG IT!! :lol:

#31 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,436 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:09 AM

It's like on one hand....I wanna get in on this SOOO bad just cuz models and music are my things. But, on the other hand, I've got so many projects going right now.......DANG IT!! :D

I know exactly what you mean. I just got lucky that my next project car just happened to fit in with an Eagles tune or I'd be watching from the sidelines too.

#32 CorvairJim

CorvairJim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:56 AM

I had a thought today of somebody doing something wild with the AMTronic kit to the tune of The Who's "Magic Bus." Not me though. But it would be fun one to watch come together.

That would be real cool! I never thought of the "Magic Bus" like that. I always thought of it as a typical red London double-decker bus but, to a rocker from the psycodelic era in a drug-induced haze, the AMTronic could well be the sort of thing The Who had in mind. I've seen the AMTronic kit many times but I've 1) never seen one built and, 2) never had the ambition to build it myself.

#33 CorvairJim

CorvairJim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:01 AM

And a side note to hvymtl:

Michael: Whatever you do, if you should come across an old '69 Impala and decide that's what you want to base your build on... DON'T!!! Let me know you have it and I'll go out and buy that C.O.P.O. Nova kit and swap you for the Impala! I ruined one of them back in the 70's and I've been looking for one I could aford ever since. A restorable "Glue Bomb" is acceptable... :D

#34 gray07

gray07

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Full Name:Shelly and Darrin Holts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:51 PM

Can I join with...Sammy Johns chevy van...........Darrin
cool chevy van video

Edited by gray07, 11 May 2011 - 04:53 AM.

#35 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,654 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:22 AM

Here is the start of my project. I have chopped the top, it was quite easy to do, but if you are thinking about chopping '49 Mercury, I'd like to say that do it carefully, little mistake and the to is ugly. But anyway, here are pictures about mine.

Original body
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Here is one piece of the top gluing to place...
Posted Image
And now, the top is glued to its place, and ready for some bondo...
Posted Image

Posted Image
And now, I have put bondo and sanded, bondo, sanding, and now it looks like this, needs still more sanding...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Actually this project is started last summer, but after the chop top, it has been inside the box, now I just took it to my workbench again, and body is in quite good shape. It needs new B- pillars and some other things too.

#36 Danger

Danger

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Full Name:Adam Grainger

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:53 AM

This sounds like a fun build. Please count me in for a Barchetta. A Red Barchetta.

Moving Pictures - RUSH

Now I just need to locate a kit.

Danger

#37 CorvairJim

CorvairJim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:55 AM

Nico - That Merc looks great so far! You say the top-chop is easy, so I'll be the first to admit your skills are light-years beyond mine. I've ruined more than my share of bodies with unsuccesful top chops and top transplants! I saw an episode of "Monster Garage" several years ago where Jese James got together a "Dream Team" of big name Old-School customizers, all of whom were at least in their 70's by that time, and they did a complete chop/channel/section/shave job on an early 50's Chevy 2-door sedan in just one week! I picked up a lot of pointers as to how it's supposed to be done from that show but I haven't tried to do it again since then. I'd like to atempt to chop the top on a late-model Corvair coupe to replicate a car that ran the California Mille a few years ago. That won't be easy with those skinny pillars...

#38 hvymtl

hvymtl

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Full Name:Michael Smith

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:21 PM

And a side note to hvymtl:

Michael: Whatever you do, if you should come across an old '69 Impala and decide that's what you want to base your build on... DON'T!!! Let me know you have it and I'll go out and buy that C.O.P.O. Nova kit and swap you for the Impala! I ruined one of them back in the 70's and I've been looking for one I could aford ever since. A restorable "Glue Bomb" is acceptable... :lol:

LOL i couldn't get that lucky to find a 69 Impy. though i will have pics of the chevelle it fell together way to easily the other night it scares me. as for the copo i will wait checking the stash i got 2 unopened 2-1 nova ss kits so i might go old school on one of them also . Danger , great choice of Rush. excellent song. one i turn up when i hear it on the radio.

Michael

#39 diymirage

diymirage

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,507 posts
  • Full Name:Eelco Egelmeer

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:24 PM

i like the mudstank but i would suggest closing in the wheel wells a bit, they seem to large for the rims

#40 CorvairJim

CorvairJim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:48 AM

Ol' Sally's gonna LOVE her "Brand New Mustang", Earl!