A/FX n Scale Resin - Anyone Know What's Going On?

• You cannot reply to this topic
29 replies to this topic

#21 Ariel

Ariel

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:00 AM

Hi Dave - if you are asking about dragin_plastic, they are indeed the same outfit. I saw the LX coupe advertised and asked them point-blank if they were. They responded(surprisingly!) in the affirmative.

Great i just bought from them. i even checked this thread to see the ebay name that they sold under.
When I saw TANGTANG2 I thought it wasn't them(dragin_plastic) :blink: :D :blink: :huh:

#22 ewaskew

ewaskew

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  • Full Name:Earl Miller

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:45 PM

I haven't messed with these guys, and I'm glad. I'll say this much. Myself and a friend have just started a resin company, and all of the problems that I have read here were addressed before we started, so that we would not get BAD feedback due to riping people off. This is no BS to boost our company. We are in it for the long-run. However my computer skills are learn as you go. That's why our page is simple but it will get better. At this time we have two bodies ready but there's more on the way. Once I figure out how to set up a poll page for what people want I will. Until then you can e-mail me at ewakew@yahoo.com [ e-mail will be checked daily and answered as they are received.Any ideas are welcome.] Visit My Website rdmk.homestead.com Thank you, Earl Miller

Edited by ewaskew, 02 November 2007 - 02:41 PM.

#23 Ariel

Ariel

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:54 AM

I haven't messed with these guys, and I'm glad. I'll say this much. Myself and a friend have just started a resin company, and all of the problems that I have read here were addressed before we started, so that we would not get BAD feedback due to riping people off. This is no BS to boost our company. We are in it for the long-run. However my computer skills are learn as you go. That's why our page is simple but it will get better. At this time we have two bodies ready but there's more on the way. Once I figure out how to set up a poll page for what people want I will. Until then you can e-mail me at ewakew@yahoo.com [ e-mail will be answered within a week. Any ideas are welcome. ] Go to rdmk.homestead.com for our site and info. If anyone can tell me how to highlight e-mail address please let me know via e-mail. So that you can click and go. Thank you, Earl Miller

You never now what the future holds you could be 100% today and in the hole tomorrow and thats the case with most of the cottage industry that does this part-time and work fulltime it consume all of the free time they have. If they don't dedicate the time to it they have inferior product such as thick resin in order to make parts fit you have to grind about 2 pounds of the resin piece. Guys like Replicas N Miniature, Modelhaus,HRM you can buy stuff from these guys and not even think twice.
The resin piece is just like the plastic counter part. As an entrepreneur myself I see 2 things wrong already with your business
and I mean this in a positive way one is you have a partner that is a friend and that could lead to enemies and the other is that you will answer your e-mail ina weeks time. This to me means you don't have the time to dedicate to this. the best thing for people that are PT in the resin business is to sell the product in evil bay sell as you have the product available this will keep you stressed free and as you grow the business and your product line than you expand out. I mean this in no offence. Sometimes positive criticism is better than nothing at all even if it looks negative. Wish you the best in your new adventure we need the cottage industry alive and kicking without you guys this hobby would have been on the waste side along time ago.
My 2 cents
Ariel

#24 Ariel

Ariel

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:03 AM

Great i just bought from them. i even checked this thread to see the ebay name that they sold under.
When I saw TANGTANG2 I thought it wasn't them(dragin_plastic) ;) ;) :blink: :lol:

Well got lucky bought the product from AFX on e-bay and got it on time without any problems i hope that they can continue this way sell in evil-bay as they have the product. So that they are able to keep everyone happy.i got a type III notchback vw
from them. Was not to happy it seems that it is a diecast that they sealed the doors closed and casted the thing. My need alot more work then empinut's typeIII notchback :P . I hope they have been able to fill everyone order I know myself i waited about a year or more for some parts one time and they just showed up in the mail. They had listed about 50 items at one time in there new dragin_plastic site on e-bay.

Ariel

#25 ewaskew

ewaskew

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:33 PM

You never now what the future holds you could be 100% today and in the hole tomorrow and thats the case with most of the cottage industry that does this part-time and work fulltime it consume all of the free time they have. If they don't dedicate the time to it they have inferior product such as thick resin in order to make parts fit you have to grind about 2 pounds of the resin piece. Guys like Replicas N Miniature, Modelhaus,HRM you can buy stuff from these guys and not even think twice.
The resin piece is just like the plastic counter part. As an entrepreneur myself I see 2 things wrong already with your business
and I mean this in a positive way one is you have a partner that is a friend and that could lead to enemies and the other is that you will answer your e-mail ina weeks time. This to me means you don't have the time to dedicate to this. the best thing for people that are PT in the resin business is to sell the product in evil bay sell as you have the product available this will keep you stressed free and as you grow the business and your product line than you expand out. I mean this in no offence. Sometimes positive criticism is better than nothing at all even if it looks negative. Wish you the best in your new adventure we need the cottage industry alive and kicking without you guys this hobby would have been on the waste side along time ago.
My 2 cents
Ariel

Ariel I thank you for your reply. I have changed my first reply on this page for e-mail which is checked daily. And will be answered as they come in. However I do have a regular job, that's the reason for the first response [within a week] because if I get home and have 50 e-mails I will not be able to reply to all of them in one night. [Therefore that was the reason for returning e-mails within a week.] As for dedication we are in 100%. This company will be a slow go, I'm sure of that. So as I have said before we will set up a poll page to see what people are wanting and focus on that. As for our bodies we build for current kits, they are test fitted for that kit,then they are prepped and preprimed before going out. The customer only has to final sand the primer then paint it.There is no grinding,resin residue cleanup,it's been taken care of before it is sent out. As for this hobby, I started when I was nine years old and have been building since then. Sure I was out of it for a while but for the last 25 years, I have been dedicated to it.This is what I do in my spare time. Thank you Earl MILLER

Edited by ewaskew, 04 November 2007 - 08:01 AM.

#26 Ariel

Ariel

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:39 AM

Ariel I thank you for your reply. I have changed my first reply on this page for e-mail which is checked daily. And will be answered as they come in. However I do have a regular job, that's the reason for the first response [within a week] because if I get home and have 50 e-mails I will not be able to reply to all of them in one night. [Therefore that was the reason for returning e-mails within a week.] As for dedication we are in 100%. This company will be a slow go, I'm sure of that. So as I have said before we will set up a poll page to see what people are wanting and focus on that. As for our bodies we build for current kits, they are test fitted for that kit,then they are prepped and preprimed before going out. The customer only has to final sand the primer then paint it.There is no grinding,resin residue cleanup,it's been taken care of before it is sent out. As for this hobby, I started when I was nine years old and have been building since then. Sure I was out of it for a while but for the last 25 years, I have been dedicated to it.This is what I do in my spare time. Thank you Earl MILLER

Hello Earl
I can already see that you are a professional just in the manner you answered this post others would not have done the same. Best of luck in your venture and I also wish you are very sucessful at it. :)

#27 ewaskew

ewaskew

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:19 PM

Hello Earl
I can already see that you are a professional just in the manner you answered this post others would not have done the same. Best of luck in your venture and I also wish you are very sucessful at it. :lol:

Hello Ariel. Thank you, Earl Miller

#28 Ayatollah

Ayatollah

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:33 PM

Good luck, Earl. If you sell just one thing that somebody is dying to use, you've done a good thing. If you fill the void left by the big companies, you've done a GREAT thing. Either way, thanks from many of us!

#29 Ariel

Ariel

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:28 PM

Hello Ariel. Thank you, Earl Miller

Saw your stuff at ACME NNL tried to see if I could talk to you. Hung around the table but seemed to miss you.
maybe next time.

#30 ewaskew

ewaskew

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:34 PM

Saw your stuff at ACME NNL tried to see if I could talk to you. Hung around the table but seemed to miss you.
maybe next time.

Hello Ariel, Glad you were at the NNL, sorry I missed meeting you. Send me an e-mail at [ewaskew@yahoo.com] I plan on going to the Birmingham AL. show in March. Leave a phone number. Myself and my business partner Winston Mitchel would be glad to meet you and show you the products we will be building for our company. Thank You Earl Miller