24 replies to this topic

#1 SteveG

SteveG

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 11:52 AM

Some of you may have noticed I haven't been posting lately. Well I've been busy with several new projects and here's one of them.

Posted Image

This is a test shot of the Dodge Ramintor due out this summer. The fine folks at Lindberg asked me to give it a look over.

Posted Image

Boy is this thing big !!! It's definately 1/24th scale. I placed it behind my only other Dodge truck model for comparison.

Posted Image

This is no snap together kit, definately skill level three. It took me about 10 hours to build it without paint.

Posted Image

I'm going to let the photos speak for themselves.

Posted Image

Click on the link for more photos....
http://public.fotki....G26/raminator-/

#2 Billy Kingsley

Billy Kingsley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Full Name:Billy

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:02 AM

Thanks for the post in the main forum, Steve, I would have missed this otherwise.

While I would much rather have gotten a factory stock Ram, I do intend to buy one of these when they are issued. I saw the unbuilt test shot at the NNL East, and I have to say, it looked pretty complicated. It sounds as if that thought is right on the money, from your comment.

Is the Raminator a real truck or a fantasy creation of Lindberg's? I used to follow Monster Trucks religiously, but after the wrestling people got involved and it became basically fixed my love of the sport waned dramatically.

For years I've wanted to do a couple trucks in particular and I very well may get more then one of these and do some kitbashing, provided I am happy with the tooling :lol:

#3 lordairgtar

lordairgtar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:11 AM

Finally, a Monster Truck without the cartoon front end I so much hate. I like my trucks to look like trucks, not lizards or skulls or whatever. But then again, I ain't 5.

#4 SteveG

SteveG

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:57 AM

Is the Raminator a real truck or a fantasy creation of Lindberg's? I used to follow Monster Trucks religiously, but after the wrestling people got involved and it became basically fixed my love of the sport waned dramatically.

Billy, It's the real thing ! Here's a photo of it in action.....

Posted Image

There's more on the "Raminator" and "Rammunition" at the Hall Bros Racing website.

http://www.raminator.com/

-Steve

#5 RyanSilva

RyanSilva

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Full Name:Ryan

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:52 AM

Il buy one, always wanted a good frame and accurate one to. hows the mold lines?

#6 Gregg

Gregg

da Big Kahuna

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,422 posts
  • Full Name:Gregg Hutchings

Posted 21 April 2007 - 12:00 PM

I talked to them, the Hall brothers, at the iHobby Expo, and they were excited about doing a feature on the real truck for reference in MCM.
I can't wait for this one to come out
I know that the response has been low on monster trucks, but I think there are enough out there that will love a new monster truck kit, done well also!

#7 bowtie1

bowtie1

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Marsh

Posted 21 April 2007 - 04:29 PM

I would love to have one to do a full detail build!!!!!!! I build nascars in full detail but would be thankful to have a monster truck to detail!!!!! I would buy 2 or 3!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeff Marsh.

#8 SteveG

SteveG

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 05:46 PM

Il buy one, always wanted a good frame and accurate one to. hows the mold lines?

The molding of the tube chassis parts are very clean, the only area that needed any attention is where the sprue attachment points are. There were no heavy mold lines to clean up.

-Steve

#9 Luc Janssens

Luc Janssens

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 08:51 AM

I visiited an ex Amt engineer two years ago who did some work for Lindberg (not John) and just wondering if he made it into the new company.
Thx

Kind Regards
Luc Janssens
Belgium

Monogram@scarlet.be

#10 SteveG

SteveG

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:23 PM

I visiited an ex Amt engineer two years ago who did some work for Lindberg (not John) and just wondering if he made it into the new company.
Thx

Kind Regards
Luc Janssens
Belgium

Monogram@scarlet.be

Hi Luc,

I don't work directly for Hawk/Lindberg, I'm just an outside resource who helps them out when needed. I don't know the whole staff, I only have a couple of contacts over there. I can ask of course if you get me the name.

-Steve

#11 Modelbuilder1313

Modelbuilder1313

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:28 AM

awesome sign me up for 5 of them

#12 pettyfan43

pettyfan43

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:52 PM

I'll take a few of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 Nick F40

Nick F40

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,603 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 22 May 2007 - 12:24 PM

Maybe make it into an extreme rock crawler, or put a Toyota body on it! 8)

#14 mr68gts

mr68gts

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Full Name:Paul Mendoza

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:32 AM

So does it have the Lenco in it??????? They have more than one truck. The other one being Ramunition or something like that. I won't buy it if it doesn't have the trans it though. Other than that it looks pretty darn good.

Paul

#15 SteveG

SteveG

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:23 PM

So does it have the Lenco in it??????? They have more than one truck. The other one being Ramunition or something like that. I won't buy it if it doesn't have the trans it though. Other than that it looks pretty darn good.

Paul

I'm building two more more Monster Trucks to use as display for Hawk/Lindberg, both the Raminator and Rammunition. But I'm basically a repstock guy so I couldn't tell a Lenco trans from an Aamco trans.

Here's the best photos I have that show the setup for both kits. You tell me!

-Steve

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 mr68gts

mr68gts

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 07:20 PM

Well color me dissapointed!!!!!!!! That unit looks nothing like a Lenco.
Go to www.lencoracing.com
What they have is a CS-1 with a monster truck reverse. I ought to know, I built it! Unless they pulled it out which last I heard they love it.
Paul

#17 SteveG

SteveG

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:25 AM

Well color me dissapointed!!!!!!!! That unit looks nothing like a Lenco.
Go to www.lencoracing.com
What they have is a CS-1 with a monster truck reverse. I ought to know, I built it! Unless they pulled it out which last I heard they love it.
Paul

Paul,

I went back through my reference photos taken at the Hall Bros. shop and compared it to the kit part. I also looked at the Lenco website and some others that sell racing safety gear.

It looks to me like the part probably represents a Lenco 2 speed with reverse that is wrapped in a transmission safety blanket. The details for the blanket and straps are visible on the kit part. I supose they could have added some top detail where the linkage would attach at the top which my reference photo shows but it's pretty much hidden by the floor. Other then that it looks pretty acurate to what's in the truck.

-Steve

#18 mr68gts

mr68gts

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:27 AM

Steve,
What they have is a 3 spd with reverse. So it would be 2 cases and a reverser case. Also I don't think the trans is that far away from the bellhousing. It should bolt right up to it. The balistic blanket will cover only the gear sections and the reverse. Not the flange to mount to the can. Also, the trans is round, not squarish.
Now please understand that I am a detail freak and things must be accurate. This is my way. It's all in the details LOL! Most people would never notice that the model is not completely accurate. I do commend Hawk/Lindberg for their efforts and hope they sell a ton. It looks like an excellent model. Bottom line.
Paul

#19 pettyfan43

pettyfan43

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:33 PM

Maybe make it into an extreme rock crawler, or put a Toyota body on it! 8)

Poor truck doesn't deserve that done to it!

#20 SteveG

SteveG

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 01:13 AM

.... these are now in production and should be available next month. I showed you the test shot last time, well here's the finished kits.

I just got the OK today from Ernie to post these. They will be molded in white and clear plastic. Not my usual build but I still had a lot fun putting them together.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A big thanks goes out to James "Moparbuilder" Tester for helping with the paint work on this Monster size project.

For more photos check out the link below....

-Steve

Raminator - Rammunition