#61 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,710 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:29 AM

Fundimensions means it's an MPC kit. I had a '32 Ford sedan delivery that was an MPC kit and it had Fundimensions on the frame also. Don't really know exactly what it means though. I still have the box to that old kit around here somewhere. That will make a really nice little truck.

#62 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts
  • Full Name:Sean W Brady

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:36 AM

Fundimensions means it's an MPC kit. I had a '32 Ford sedan delivery that was an MPC kit and it had Fundimensions on the frame also. Don't really know exactly what it means though. I still have the box to that old kit around here somewhere. That will make a really nice little truck.

cool thanks plowboy! also it does have its share of inaccuracies such as whats holding the rear fenders on or are they just floating?
and little things that i think i can fix oh the last person that put the windsheild in must have been high on some drugs or something cause i pulled the window out and the cowl broke in 3 places it was so soft! lol got it fixed now needs some more work! :lol:

again thanks plowboy! B)

#63 SSNJim

SSNJim

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:22 PM

Fundimensions was a name used during the period of time when General Mills Fun Group (GMFG - yes, the cereal people) owned MPC (1970 to the end). Some of the older MPC boxes I have say MPC Fundimensions on the outside. They were big into toys at that time; you'll find a lot of toys (especially Star Wars) marked GMFG or G.M.F.G. I would imagine that 197 7 is the year with the final digit spaced weirdly, probably after the rollover from 1976.

Long story short, it's a 1977 MPC issue. Dunno what kit number or version.

Edited by SSNJim, 02 July 2011 - 12:23 PM.

#64 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:33 PM

Fundimensions was a name used during the period of time when General Mills Fun Group (GMFG - yes, the cereal people) owned MPC (1970 to the end). Some of the older MPC boxes I have say MPC Fundimensions on the outside. They were big into toys at that time; you'll find a lot of toys (especially Star Wars) marked GMFG or G.M.F.G. I would imagine that 197 7 is the year with the final digit spaced weirdly, probably after the rollover from 1976.

Long story short, it's a 1977 MPC issue. Dunno what kit number or version.

cool! :) i learned something new! i didnt know general mills owned mpc! thats some neat history thanks man! again cccccooooooooooooooollllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 B) B) B)

#65 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

cool! :) i learned something new! i didnt know general mills owned mpc! thats some neat history thanks man! again cccccooooooooooooooollllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 B) B) B)

i just got the chassie in its chassie black color so now onto something else! on the kit!
:lol:

#66 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:08 PM

Sean, that's the original, first issue of the kit. Only 2 wheel drive version. All others after were 4X4s.

I have one in the works right now myself but I had to strip it and start over on mine.

AN ORIGINAL!!!! B) B) B) WOW!!! :lol: :)

#67 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:47 PM

Pail- REALLY nice job on that Imperial.

Jim- I like the Corvair. Do you happen to have the Dupli-Color number for the paint you used?

Doug- Cool pick with the Sunliner. You even picked a color to match its name!

I've already done the stripping and repaint on the exterior, but I'll get in with a Jo-Han '61 Olds F-85. This car will probably not be "perfect." Honestly, it's a little too far gone for it to be that way.

This car will end up with the look of an older car that's been used, but hasn't been beaten too badly. Yeah, it could used a little freshening, but it's still presentable and solid. Someday, I'd like to grab another one of these and do a factory-fresh (or closer to it) car.

Pictures will developed and up sometime this week.

Charlie Larkin

#68 CorvairJim

CorvairJim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  • Full Name:Jim Ely

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:03 AM

Jim- I like the Corvair. Do you happen to have the Dupli-Color number for the paint you used?

I'll have to get back to you on that, Charlie. Once I use a spray can, it generally just gets stuck in a box with my other spray cans. I use a marker to write on the bottom of the can what color the can is, but I guess I should also note what model I used it on there too in case I want to use the exact same color again for a diferent project. I know, I ought to be more organized, but I have difficulty with things like that. A dozen or so cans accumulate on my paint table, and then they all go in the box (or back in the box) at the same time. That can should still be near the top of the pile!

#69 cazxr2

cazxr2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:24 PM

Hey guys you are doing a great job. I would live to join in but I don't know how to strip paint off?? if someone could advice as to what they use. I'm in the uk so sone stuff might not be called the same. B)

#70 TurboKitty

TurboKitty

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Full Name:Michelle Blanchard

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:17 PM

I'd like to join in with a built AMT '66 Buick Riviera Lowrider that I got last weekend at a flea market. I'll be rebuilding it G-Machine/Pro Touring style more than likely, starting with this:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#71 Mr. Moparman

Mr. Moparman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Full Name:Brandon Henderson

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:11 AM

I have been slowly chugging away at the Charger.

The chassis is done and on wheels.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I added the warning decal on the radiator.

Posted Image

The interior has been completed.

Posted Image

Enjoy!
;) :(

#72 BOSWELL891

BOSWELL891

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Full Name:Cole Boswell

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:13 PM

would it be alright for me to join in with my 32 ford? Ill post pictures in a minute

#73 BOSWELL891

BOSWELL891

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Full Name:Cole Boswell

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

here She is
Posted Image
Posted Image

#74 Mr. Moparman

Mr. Moparman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Full Name:Brandon Henderson

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:28 AM

Here is my entry into the "Glue Bomb Resto" CBP. It is a combinaton of two cars. I wanted to get finished with it really fast, but my mind kept telling me to go slow. The result is this, my most detailed build to date. BTW, this is my first BMF'ed build! :D My thanks go out to the following people.

Futurabat-Body
diyaramige-windshield (sorry if I spelled your name wrong)
MrScatPack- P/E Charger emblems and Hemi emblems (Still yet to arrive)

Anywho, on to the pictures!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thank You!
:angry:

#75 jw78z28

jw78z28

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Full Name:jason wilson

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:15 AM

Posted ImageI have a 63 chevy truck I've been trying to save would this count.
Posted Image

#76 jw78z28

jw78z28

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Full Name:jason wilson

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:28 PM

just finished the roof repair on the truck. part of roof was broke in 7 part

Posted Imagejust finished the roof repair on the truck. part of roof was broke in 7 parts.Posted Image

#77 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:03 PM

update-

core support painted chassie black (will add details later)

Posted Image

chassie is painted (will add details later)

Posted Image

as always comments and criticizm welcomed! :D

Edited by bandit1, 20 July 2011 - 12:04 PM.

#78 TurboKitty

TurboKitty

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Full Name:Michelle Blanchard

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:31 AM

Finally got a chance to give the old '66 Riviera some attention. After a soak & scrub with some Dawn Power Dissolver, all that old blue paint and lowrider decals came off the body and interior. Sanded the body, shot some primer, wet sanded, shot it with primer again and finished it up with a nice coat of DupliColor Perfect Match Toyota Stellar Blue Pearl. Taped off a Camaro style fender stripe on both sides and shot it with GM Platinum Grey Metallic (also Duplicolor Perfect Match). It still needs to be polished out good, and after I add BMF it will be shot with clear and polished again. It will be like glass when I'm done. I'm contemplating adding a platinum stripe to the hood as well, but I'm not sure. I just need to make up my mind about it LOL. The paint is formulated for use on 1:1 cars, so the metallic specs are a bit out of scale and it looks a bit rough or textured in the pics. The orange peel will be taken care of with polishing. I love the Stellar Blue, it is a beautiful dark blue/purple color and once it is finally done I think it will be one of my favorite builds :D

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#79 ChevyFan

ChevyFan

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:03 PM

Nice looking cars being done here. I'm liking that blue mb_chargerchick and the blue on that charger Mississippi Resins. It really suits the charger.

Been away from the bench for a while, only got a minor update. Made some mods to the rear window. The top now sits higher and I've trimmed down the sides a bit as well. Stuffed up a panel line for the vent window, so I have to put in more putty and more sanding afterwards. Would love to put this thing in primer soon to see how much more putty and sanding I still have to go.

The engine in the background will be going into this car, but not in those colours. It's from a 93 (ish) corvette.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#80 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,206 posts
  • Full Name:Charles Donald Eric Richard Jules Kasim Most

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:05 AM

Well, might one of these work?
Just got them today as part of a trade deal, '62 Lincoln Continental (AMT annual), and Jo-Han '60 Plymouth wagon. The wagon may end up getting 'spliced' with a resin kit I butchered not too long ago.
Posted Image

Posted Image