217 replies to this topic

#41 crazyjim

crazyjim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,260 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:23 AM

Thanks for the new flyer. I'll spread the word around here. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town and will miss it.

#42 modeltruckmafia

modeltruckmafia

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:10 AM

Sorry to here you will miss it. Please if you can spread the word and we will make sure to take lots of pictures.

Thanks for the new flyer. I'll spread the word around here. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town and will miss it.

#43 fatkidd

fatkidd

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:20 AM

It was nice to meet those that were at the meeting yesterday.
good turnout and some very nice builts were brought to show & admire.

#44 MonoPed

MonoPed

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:03 AM

Agreed!

#45 crazyjim

crazyjim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,260 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:17 AM

It was great seeing you again, Fatkidd. Those seats covered in REAL leather are ultimate! Cleaning up your seats and disc brakes and will probably get molded tomorrow and the first castings Tuesday.

It was a pleasure meeting you, Brian. You build some extremely nice stuff. You must be right down the road from me. I'm only a couple of blocks from El Diablo golf course. If you ever want to get together, just holler.

Both of you, of course, are more than welcome to attend FAST meetings anytime. They'll be the 1st Saturday of the month at the Hobby Lobby in Ocala - except December because HL already had the room blocked (we're planning on someplace in Orlando) and it looks like February we'll hold our meeting at the JaxCon show.

#46 GrandpaMcGurk

GrandpaMcGurk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Full Name:Don

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:09 AM

I thought the meeting went very well guys. I really the enjoyed the laid back "atmosphere".......everyone seemed comfortable, relaxed and more than willing to share the skills and techniques they've picked up over time. Good stuff all around.

The models that the members displayed were all top notch and I really enjoyed the parking lot (guess I'll call it at least for now) swap meet. I picked up a few things myself and before the meeting started I sold a few resin Gibson engines that I had no use for. Perhaps we should make something like that an occasional part of our agenda?
I'm not saying a full blown retail price make a quick buck vendor stuff......just "hey I have this stuff, and I'd like to pass it on for a few bucks or trade for ........" get my drift?

I think I'm about the only large scale guy in the club so far and feeling a bit like the proverbial redheaded step child. However everyone made me feel welcome so it's going to take a little more than that to run me off.

Jim, you and the rest of the officers are doing a fantastic job putting this club together........my hat's off to you gentleman.......well done indeed!

Edited by GrandpaMcGurk, 04 September 2011 - 11:11 AM.

#47 crazyjim

crazyjim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,260 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:25 AM

We've had 2 meetings, Don and there was a parking lot flea market after both meetings. Who knows what'll happen after next month's meeting. I do have some older builds that I wouldn't mind trading 2 for 1 complete, unbuilt kits. Maybe we should bring a canopy so we can have more shade. Thank you for the compliment, Don, but I think it's mostly because we have a good group of talented people with diverse backgrounds that really care about our hobby - whatever the scale.

We had another member join and had 2 new people who didn't join - yet. Besides the people relatively local to Ocala, people drove from Safety Harbor, Orlando, and Jacksonville to attend the meeting. That's some decent travel time and we appreciate their support.

#48 1320wayne

1320wayne

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Stevens, JR.

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:22 PM

Hey Jim, sounds like the meeting was a success, again. Sorry that I couldn't attend this one as working in retail seldom ever gives me time off on a holiday weekend. Next month may be a tough one as well as the meeting falls on the weekend of the Modelpalooza IPMS show in Orlando. I plan on attending as many as possible and it looks like I need to start bringing some spending cash in the future as well.

#49 MonoPed

MonoPed

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:40 PM

Big scale is cool - that Willys is gonna be sweet when finished!

#50 crazyjim

crazyjim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,260 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:34 AM

Yeah, Wayne. Quite a few kits and parts boxes were made available and sold. If you miss October, we'll be back on November 5. Plan is to hold the meeting in Orlando in December.

But that Willy is so BIG. I can only imagine what GrandpaMcGurk is going to do with it.

#51 modeltruckmafia

modeltruckmafia

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:25 PM

Table Top Nationals Breaking news. We are proud to announced Model Car Garage will be in attendance with all of their awesome products for sale. Bring your wallets and show some love to model car garage. More News as it becomes available.

Keep checking the site for more news
http://way2manyhobbi...e_Top_Nats.html

#52 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,391 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:53 AM

Adam, thanks for the information. I am really planning to be there. I'll bring a few of the models and have a good time.

#53 modeltruckmafia

modeltruckmafia

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:55 AM

Dr. Cranky

I look forward to meeting you, and seeing your models in person.

#54 MikeMc

MikeMc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:49 AM

Adam, thanks for the information. I am really planning to be there. I'll bring a few of the models and have a good time.

Now I gotta Go!!!!!

#55 modeltruckmafia

modeltruckmafia

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:54 AM

I look forward to seeing you there. Keep checking the site for more announcements. http://way2manyhobbi...e_Top_Nats.html

Now I gotta Go!!!!!

#56 crazyjim

crazyjim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,260 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:02 AM

The next meeting of the Florida Auto & Scale Trucks model club (FAST) will be held on October 1, 2011 at the Hobby Lobby in Ocala at 10:00am. Hard to predict, but I bet we'll have a good time - again!

#57 MikeMc

MikeMc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:08 AM

Thanks Adam....Might be a couple of us coming across the alley :unsure: :D :P

Best part is the cost....The better 1/2 thinks no admission.....I won't spend :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

She didn't notice "vendor tables" on the flyer !!!!!!

Edited by MIKE THE MANIAC, 25 September 2011 - 07:18 AM.

#58 modeltruckmafia

modeltruckmafia

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:24 AM

We look forward to having you at the show. Keep checking the site as news is coming fast as the show approaches http://way2manyhobbi...e_Top_Nats.html

Thanks Adam....Might be a couple of us coming across the alley :unsure: :D :P

Best part is the cost....The better 1/2 thinks no admission.....I won't spend :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

She didn't notice "vendor tables" on the flyer !!!!!!

#59 Tonioseven

Tonioseven

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts
  • Full Name:Antonio Holmes

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:25 PM

I WANT to attend but I'll have to see how it goes. :huh:

Edited by Tonioseven, 26 September 2011 - 09:26 PM.

#60 modeltruckmafia

modeltruckmafia

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:26 AM

I hope you can make it. We just got some more sponsors and donations to the show. Keep checking the website as more and more info comes as the show gets closer. http://way2manyhobbi...e_Top_Nats.html

I WANT to attend but I'll have to see how it goes. :huh: