Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show me the 4 bangers!

heres some more:

tamiya fiat abarth with fujimi decals and other mods:

abarthsideview.jpg

dont know why but i could never get that darn hood to come open far enough for a good view!

abarth2x.jpg

abarth1.jpg

lotus four banger going into an elan:

garage2motors.jpg

garagemotoroncrane.jpg

coventry climax in a lotus seven:

garagesevenmotor1.jpg

garagesevenmotor2.jpg

I'd say one thing for ya Mr JBWelda

Ya got the 4 banger market cornered with some Might fine Builds...and I still Love That Porsche Engine...

ChuckMost, I didn't realize ya built soo many 4 banger HotRods...Dang! they still look Cool.... :D

Diymirage, Twin Engine Acura, Very Cool and the VW Pick Up, Can't wait to see that finished up ;)B)

TonioSeven. Hard to pick a favorite, but the red Datsun comes to mind..or maybe the blue MR-2?

59 Chevy Impala, The trucks are nice but the Army Jeep is the Coolest.

Scott Colmer has a Very Cool Looking Hemi 4 banger and Blown Wankle too.

Bronxrumble5 has a Nice looking Mini

I Love the Bugs Jon cole

Great looking Toyotas LAone and the Bug and Datsun aint too bad either.. :D

Great looking Fiat and Subaru Fastrback340

Great looking Datsun and Toyota "T" block engines CrewDawg15

Great looking Mustang Eric Stone

MrZinn, Ya already know what I thing about your builds.. Awesome.. I still want one. Anyone of them.. :D

Whale392, Great looking Ford Engine!!!

Okay Bruno, Love that Shelby Charger. Excellent work...

OMG The List goes on and on and on.... :D

Well Jason, they are not Weber carbs...they're Mikuni/Solex 40PHH Type T on the Toyota motors, and 44PHH Type S (standard Nissan OEM replacemnt carbs) on my OS motor. They are resin copies of my own master. I'll eventually get around to making Weber DCOE sidedrafts, and IDF downdrafts as I have a few projects planned that will require those carbies. All of the engines I post are scratchbuilt by me.

dscf5155w.jpg

Please overlook the top set of carbs...they were an earlier attempt at making them. I wanted to show the evolution of my fabrication work. Unfortunately, Uncle Sam decided to take away my summer vaction, and temporarily relocate me from tropical Okinawa Japan, to not so tropical Anchorage Alaska :lol: I should be back sometime next month if you are interested.

Also, I thought I'd post up a few of my in-progress 4 bangers:

Nissan CA18DET

dscf0073ds6.jpg

Nissan SR20DET

dscf5506h.jpg

Mitsubishi 4G63

1000976pa6.jpg

Jimmy

I will definitely be interested in purchasing a few sets when you back to making these!

• 3 months later...

I knew that building looked familiar, Antonio! I live in Dayton and do some running down to Cinci for work. I have been to the Terminal Museum/building a few times!

Where do you live in Florida now? I grew up and lived in the Kissimmee/St.Cloud area and used to run the streets of Orlando a LOT when I was growing up.

I was born in Dayton and lived there until around 1994 I believe. I live in Naples now but we go to Kissimmee/Orlando regularly for weekend family time!

No engine shots, but I do recall this being a four banger....

1017-vi.jpg

1018-vi.jpg

1019-vi.jpg

Yes, that's the rare (and much maligned) old Monogram kit, and no, I don't have any regrets about actually building it. :lol:

I've got a Chevy II four banger I'm working on at the moment (made from a cut-down Trumpeter Nova six) when that one is done, you'll see it here first. B)

Whew! Though for a second this was some kind of "dirty" thread like the batman one, but it relates to the unique and consistant four cylinder motor. So t'ings are a-OK here!!

I have some 4 bangers, but most of them were from my early years and have suffered their fate of being scrapped! Though I may have some surviveing ones around somewere to show off.