#41 Nitrozilla

Nitrozilla

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Goss

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:48 AM

Congrats on making the steering work, it looks awesome (&complicated!), can't wait to see her when she's done!

Unfortunately, too complicated. It kept binding up and for the life of me, I can't figure out where. So instead of going back to the drawing board, we're going to call it "poseable steering" and call the chassis, done.

Sorry to compromise, but I've got to move on. I'm happy with it and it was still a challenge. I thought I might have to settle for all four wheels turned in one direction and whip out the super glue.

Besides, summer is coming to an end and I wanna make sure we get to use the grill at Luis' crib.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#42 LAone

LAone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts
  • Full Name:Luis Aguilar

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:24 AM

yes joe, we need that bbq grill before the rain comes.. although i have grilled while it was raining under an easy-up... :lol: :lol:

#43 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Shaver

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:42 AM

You sure you wern't an engineer for Chrysler in another life time ? Ed Shaver

#44 Tony T

Tony T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts
  • Full Name:Tony

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:29 PM

Looks great, Joe!

#45 Wagoneer81

Wagoneer81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Eddy.

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:23 PM

This is one of the craziest builds I've seen in a looong time! Special thanks to Joe and Luis for a much needed laugh, the BBQ grill incident was hilarious! I look forward to seeing this one done. Hmmm... You give me ideas... :rolleyes:

#46 Lunajammer

Lunajammer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Laliberte

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

I just love extreme subjects like this. As cool as the transport idea is, I could sure see a party pool back there too.

#47 Nitrozilla

Nitrozilla

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:13 PM

You sure you wern't an engineer for Chrysler in another life time ? Ed Shaver

Ed, they said rack and pinion, I thought they said "Crack and Spin 'em." After that, I went to Ford to design gas tanks for Pintos.

I just love extreme subjects like this. As cool as the transport idea is, I could sure see a party pool back there too.

Mike, did we not learn from Luis' mistake? The very thought of putting a pool under the ramp is outrageous at the least. You would have to hinge the ramp at the "parts housing" and the ramps would need support braces at the ends so all the weight isn't on the hinges. And even if you did manage to get a pool in there, where are you gonna find a Rubber Ducky anymore? HUH, where?

P.S. I build models 'cuz I can't draw for nuthin'.

Posted Image

Edited by Batzilla, 15 September 2011 - 02:21 AM.

#48 Dragracer

Dragracer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Blyth

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:48 AM

I found the rubber ducky!, he's in your pool (probably waiting for the BBQ! LOL!)

#49 Nitrozilla

Nitrozilla

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:44 PM

I found the rubber ducky!, he's in your pool (probably waiting for the BBQ! LOL!)

Wait 'til he finds out he IS the BBQ. Might be a little on the chewy side.......

Workin' on the interior now. Cut a template for the carpet and modified the seats. I decided the seating required a little upgrade so, instead of buying aftermarket, (sorry you guys), I cut out some new side wings which fit just fine after a little seat grinding. Also, they'll swivel for a reason to be revealed at the end of the last paragraph.

There will be harnesses thanx to Detail Master. I don't know what I'll use for carpet yet, but it will be a dark brown to contrast the 2 tone Rustoleum Textured paints. They aren't labeled by color, just the sample on the cap, but I'll call them Sandstone and Light Earth.

Now, before anybody gets any more whacky ideas, yes, there will be a Widescreen TV mounted on the engine cover. I also plan on doing a headliner treatment. Might even hang the TV from the headliner, who knows? That's the reason for the swiveling action.

See ya' next time.

Edited by Batzilla, 15 September 2011 - 12:50 PM.

#50 Dragracer

Dragracer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Blyth

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:16 PM

It's looking good Joe, keep up the great work!

Edited by Dragracer, 15 September 2011 - 03:16 PM.

#51 Nitrozilla

Nitrozilla

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:54 AM

....And in the spirit of keeping up the work, here's the initial putty work on the interior tub. Gonna give it lots of time to gas out due to some pretty large gaps being filled.

Then there's the chairs, (notice how they went from being seats, to chairs), which are almost done. Need to add the swivel posts. Thought about armrests, but it would make the interior look too crowded.

Also thinking about a front to back center console with cup holders, but may put them on the sides instead.

Here's the templates for the carpet and headliner.

The widescreen TV is in the paint shop.

#52 Kaleb

Kaleb

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • Full Name:Joshua

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:26 AM

Wait 'til he finds out he IS the BBQ. Might be a little on the chewy side.......

First off I thought you were talking about Luis....you cannibal, then I realized it was the ducky lol.

Party at someones house...............BYOB

Bring your own BBQ what did you think I was getting at?

#53 Jeff Johnston

Jeff Johnston

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:58 AM

I thought I was JJ...... LOL HAHAHAHA

#54 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:40 PM

This is sick...... and I love it. Posted Image

#55 Nitrozilla

Nitrozilla

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:19 AM

Hi Folks. I done went and caught a 24 hour bug. :( Hope to have an update tonite. :unsure: Thanx for hangin' in there.

#56 Lunajammer

Lunajammer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Laliberte

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:19 AM

Sure Bat. We're all friends here. We know you're gluing. "Bug" is what we tell our employers when we're in the modeling zone and we just need that one more day to push through and we don't want to use up a vacation day. BTW, I love the conference seating in the last pic.

#57 Nitrozilla

Nitrozilla

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:16 AM

Experimenting with Rustoleum Textured paint. I'm mixed about the look. I love the texture, but it makes the interior look like it was carved out of rock. Hopefully when it's done the center console and other details will smooth out the look.

Found some cool textured paper at Hobby Lobby yesterday when I was looking for embossing powder to do the carpet with. They only had metallics, (shoulda gone to Michael's), but I'm happy with the paper. Since I make templates, it's just one more paper template.

Last shot is the headliner. It'll get dome lights and an A/C vent.

I'm going back to bed. Ugggggggghhhhhhh.........

#58 Tony T

Tony T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts
  • Full Name:Tony

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:54 PM

Looks pretty good...you really 'rocked' that interior!!

Get some rest...you earned it!

Edited by Tony T, 18 September 2011 - 12:54 PM.

#59 LAone

LAone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts
  • Full Name:Luis Aguilar

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:49 PM

looks great joe. it almost looks like granite. the seats look comfy. keep up the great work. B)

#60 Nitrozilla

Nitrozilla

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:49 PM

It was bound to happen. The Starship Modeler came out in me while I was working ideas for the console shape. I tried to stop it, but it kept taking over my mind. I try to go straight and it does this little upswing on me. I try to stay with semi-conventional styling and it just does whatever it wants to do, so I'm just gonna go with it.

There will be no swiveling seats. Sorry Luna, they did look cool conference style. I'll bring in the steering column from under the dash, so that leaves the side swivel point available. Guess I'll have to put a computer monitor with GPS readings on the screen on a swivel mount. It's getting crowded in here so I better get back to work.