#82 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Beard

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:59 PM

Mike, here's a picture of the turbo next to the flashpoint BAE hemi. They are the 2-1/2" turbos, bummer is the detail isn't as good as it was on the larger ones but they are still nice, hard to get good pictures of it with my Iphone, I really need to invest in a good camera.

Posted Image

Bart, Here are some more pictures of the cage and the seat mount setup. Kinda hard to see in these pictures.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Prostreet, 04 December 2011 - 08:45 AM.

#83 thumper86

thumper86

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Full Name:robert quimby

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:18 PM

Oh so how did I miss this beautiful work !

#84 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • Full Name:-Chris

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

Joe... that chassis work is looking great man. It is sure coming along. Keep up the great work on this.

#85 tyrone

tyrone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • Full Name:Tyrone Price

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:20 PM

Looking really good the firewall and the cage are looking good, cant wait to see it all come together w/the turbos...

#86 eviltwincustoms

eviltwincustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Full Name:Bart Huyett

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:52 PM

I am with everyone else... I think Joe has done an outstanding job for his first full blown chassis job!.... Even I am learning as he shows his work. :D

I saw the Video Tim (TDR) put up on Youtube on how to clean and prime the parts. He was using the 4.5" Turbo and they looked like they had A LOT of Detail! That is a shame it doesn't scale down to keep that.

Can't wait to get the Keith Black Hemi block and Heads from TDR. My plan is to use it as a model for my own Brad Anderson aluminum block... we will see how it goes. If I don't like it, at least I can resort to using the block with some modifications after speaking with Dave to make it look like a BAE.

#87 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:50 AM

Thx. for all the compliments guys, It makes the build that much better to me. I'm trying to find some pictures of the Brake master cylinder setup for the brakes along with the hand brake setup, Not really finding anything. If anybody has any pictures of that and could share that would be great. I will have another update tonight since i played hookie from work today lol.

#88 outlaw105

outlaw105

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Full Name:RG Jr.

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:19 AM

looks good! Haven't seen a turbo build in a while... Are you gonna mount the turbos behind the front wheels or out front?

#89 Magic Photos

Magic Photos

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Garland

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:04 PM

I like this build very work, will be watching very close for my later build.
Mike

#90 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:58 PM

looks good! Haven't seen a turbo build in a while... Are you gonna mount the turbos behind the front wheels or out front?

Thx. guys, I'm gonna mount them behind the front wheels. more updates tommarrow night.

#91 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:50 AM

Only got a little work done, Made the Drive shaft tunnel. Used some K&S sheet and Plastruct .060" rod, I drilled some holes in the chassis and glued the hoops in and the tunnel itself is removable. Hope to have some more updates later tonight. it's been slow going but i'm making some progress lol.
Posted Image

#92 comp1839

comp1839

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Full Name:dave smith

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:45 AM

joe, you wanted master cyl. mounting shots? where did you want the master cyl. to mount? in front of the firewall. high or low? behind the fire wall under the drivers feet?

bart, just so you know. TDR doesn't sell a keith black block. they sell a std hemi block. if i get time and tim wants to model a keith black block. it is on my list of "wants" but, as of now you'll be modifying a std. hemi block to look like a BAE.

#93 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:56 AM

Dave:

Either under the drivers feet or behind the firewall, Also do they use the same master cylinder for the handbrake and do all promods run a handbrake? I'm more into the outlaw cars my promod knowledge isn't so great.

#94 comp1839

comp1839

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Full Name:dave smith

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:50 AM

yes, typically it is the same master cyl.. no, not all pro mod cars run hand brakes. a lot of guys find staging a clutch car easier with a hand brake. it all depends on your driving style. i sent y6ou a p.m..

#95 eviltwincustoms

eviltwincustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:03 PM

joe, you wanted master cyl. mounting shots? where did you want the master cyl. to mount? in front of the firewall. high or low? behind the fire wall under the drivers feet?

bart, just so you know. TDR doesn't sell a keith black block. they sell a std hemi block. if i get time and tim wants to model a keith black block. it is on my list of "wants" but, as of now you'll be modifying a std. hemi block to look like a BAE.

Thanks for clarifying that for me, once I get back Mid week my plans are to begin working on my own mock up until the block arrives.

Joe very nice job on bending that Tunnel yourself. What did you use to get the curve and how did you finally get it to stay together without struggling with it popping apart? LOL

#96 outlaw105

outlaw105

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Full Name:RG Jr.

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

The tunnel looks great... I also want to know how you bent it, I might try it on my build.

#97 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:58 PM

Thx. Guys, Can't tell you all my secrets. J/K lol, I used the end of a X-acto knife and bent it around it by hand. i did the top first to get a nice bend, Then i did the bottom and bent on half then the other. The bottom over laps a 32nd", the tin holds it's shape nice so it doesn't pop apart. I got my brake and clutch pedal mount and pedals done. this tiny stuff is very tedious and time consuming. gonna do the hand brake tommarrow.

Posted Image

Edited by Prostreet, 04 December 2011 - 06:00 PM.

#98 tyrone

tyrone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • Full Name:Tyrone Price

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

Great looking stuff you got going on here Joe...

#99 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:36 PM

Thx. Tyrone, I learn alot from you guys on this forum.

#100 eviltwincustoms

eviltwincustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:07 PM

Man Joe!!!! I am so impressed with your work!!!

So just to clear up my confusion.. the seam on the tunnel is then on the bottom or the passengers side? And will you be putting the wrapped tubing on the bottom of the tunnel as well?