Alclad / Tamiya Acrylic Paints....Question?

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 XJ6

XJ6

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Full Name:Don Veihle

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

Hello to all... would someone Please tell me if i can Paint Tamiya Acrylic on top of Alclad "Aluminum" ( ALC 101 )..I wish to Paint the Engine Block & Heads and what hav-ya, with the Alclad, then would like to Detail with the Tamiya Acrylic's Paint..Thanks....

#2 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,365 posts
  • Full Name:-Chris

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:01 PM

Don... I don't see a problem at all painting Acrylic over Lacquers. You make have some bite issues if you were shooting a Lacquer over an acrylic or enamal. you need to take a look at John Teresi's '49 Merc Convertable over in "On the Workbench". He shot the body with Alclad and then air brushed some tamiya clear red, blue and yellow. Its pretty neat and those tamiya paints should be acrylic. I know all of my bottled Tamiya paints are.

#3 XJ6

XJ6

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:37 AM

Thanks for the Response Futurabat (Jacen Clark) & Mooneyzs (Chris) I will give this a go...Cheers.... B)

#4 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,432 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:46 AM

Buy yourself a box of cheap plastic spoons (white) and use them to experiment. It's a great investment and a heartache saver tool

#5 XJ6

XJ6

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:56 AM

Buy yourself a box of cheap plastic spoons (white) and use them to experiment. It's a great investment and a heartache saver tool

"Wow" Great Idea...Thanks for the tip....come to think of it, i have heard of this....Thanks for the memory Re-Fresh...Cheers...