#762 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Full Name:Stephen Sammons

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

I dig em,but I wonder how those stickers will do with a coat of Duplicolor clear shot over em...

And AWW DANG...I forgot to prep,prime and shoot the dang mirrors,LMBO! :lol: I'm really not rushing this...but I could conceivably finish it today (it's 2:25am here),LOL,it's my b-day so I'm sure i I pushed it,everyone would lemme work on it all day :P :lol:

#763 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,539 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

Well happy bday, do you have any stripes that are decals?, I wouldnt use the stickers, I am always forgetting to do mirrors

#764 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:39 AM

LOL me too (mirrors),LMBO! :lol: Thanks (b-day wishes),it certainly has been so far :) On the decals,well..I have 2 NIB '10 GT hardtop kits,I'll go look at those,see what colors they come in (one's opened and GROK'd,the other still sealed),I'm looking at wanting to do in in black for stripes. I ALMOST sprayed that a deep and deeply metallic charcoal,but I like the ragtops in red (who knew? :P :rolleyes: ),and I'm saving that for a '10 GT500 kit down the road. I haven't piddled with it yet today,after sleeping in,I'm getting on the daily have-to's than I'll hit it,updates today sometime B)

#765 Scuderia

Scuderia

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Full Name:Lawrence Greene

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

you could hit the mirrors satin or semi-gloss black?

#766 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,539 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

you could hit the mirrors satin or semi-gloss black?

Agreed , that would cool

#767 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,106 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

Do you really need mirrors on a Mustang?

You just have to keep your windshield clear. Everyone will be AHEAD of you! :lol:

B)

#768 Scuderia

Scuderia

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:53 AM

Agreed , that would cool

on the shelby's they're black. At least on the ref. pix i went off of. it is a nice look IMO

#769 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:05 AM

Do you really need mirrors on a Mustang?

You just have to keep your windshield clear. Everyone will be AHEAD of you! :lol:

B)

Never saw tail lights of a Hemi Challenger or noob Camario SS in the Stang Ragtop in my avatar,my friend-and it was an old pushrod 5.0L without boost or NOS (of course...I only ever raced that one Hemi Challenger at Bristol Dragway-he was bone stock and didn't know what he was doing,and never had op to race a new SS :blink: :lol: )

Yeah,I'm thinking the satin/matte black,would save me some effort,look decent,and might even be the way they came...when I was looking at buying one in '10 (long story,and it was before the fed gov screwed me out of 95% of my SSDI backpay,LOL!),the mirrors ain't what I was looking at :P

Edited by Olskoolrodder, 23 June 2012 - 10:05 AM.

#770 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

Decided on the glue '10 GT kit's black decals,got the hood ready for clear...
Posted Image

And got the body masked and the black around the bottom sprayed (sure hope it looks good on the first attempt,LOL)...
Posted Image
Posted Image

More to come :D

#771 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,539 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

Looking good

#772 Scuderia

Scuderia

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

Should be good yeah, and having that black on the bottom really helps the visual. The Gt's weren't supposed to have it black down there i don't think, but when I did my GT i did so and it looks good.

#773 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:32 AM

Thanks guys. It did turn out pretty crisp (all but the rear license area,it was dang near impossible to get the tape down in there,I expected that and will touch it up). I'll get pics later today (getting ready for church in a few minutes,and teaching the wife to ride a bike for the first time after we get back :D ).

Lawrence: Yes,actually,the GT's (as well as the V6 cars) geberally had all that trim. It wasn't actually "black"-not grey,but like a sun-faded black (less black than black? :P ). I used a Ford black (Duplicolor),and it sure is black-black,LOL,looks to my eye like painted two tone rather than unpainted plastic (maybe I shoulda used that can of "Universal Black" Duplicolor,I know it to be a bit lighter)-methinks I'll hit it with 1200 grit to scuff it just a bit after clearing it all later tonight/tomorrow,make it look more accurate.

Sometime today* I'll get that rear touched up (and post pics of how it sits right now),get the decals on,trim painted (like windshield,etc),and try to get the clear shot (and paint them dang mirrors I keep forgetting,argh! :P :lol: ),and get some more pics coming.

*Just about to start getting ready for church in a few,and when we get back,the Wife is FINALLY going to let me load up a pair of folding bikes to head over to Steele Creek Park's Lake Trail (a gravel multi-use path) to teach her how to ride a bike :D B) ,so it may be later this eve :)

#774 Scuderia

Scuderia

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:16 AM

Interesting! Maybe i'm thinking of a slightly diff year but either way it looks good and glad for ya lol. Sounds like a busy sunday good luck!

#775 SSNJim

SSNJim

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:24 AM

The earlier model Mustangs (2005-2009?) were like that. GTs had painted rocker panels, and V6s had the black. Apparently it changed when Ford introduced the new styling.

#776 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

I'm off the bench (and bik) for a few days. To long a story to type like a hen (hunt n peck with one finger),but I can't use my left hand for a few days,severe straining of the tendon that was surgically repaired 11 years ago. No perm. damage,doc said,but cain't use it. It wasn't the dog's fault,she is over-protective of hr "pack",especially me...it was my friend/neighbor's fault when he was trying to be funny late last night on ourlast walk when he jumped out and said "HEY!!!",LOL,it cost him 6 years off his life,and the front side of his breeches that she tore off him (probably the backside too,but for other reasons :lol: ) :wacko:

#777 Jordan White

Jordan White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Full Name:Name Full

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

:lol: I'll be gone all next week, so probably no updates from me for a few weeks. I will say that I have a delivery coming that will make this build just that much cooler... B)

#778 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,539 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

:lol: I'll be gone all next week, so probably no updates from me for a few weeks. I will say that I have a delivery coming that will make this build just that much cooler... B)

Same here, after this coming Sunday to the following Thursday, I will have no Internet, cant get it turned on in the new house any sooner then that . I will be checking in from my phone, but I wont be posting very much on it.

#779 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

LOTS been going on this week. It seems we will lose this house and we've been looking for a place to rent/move in the near future afterall,so I haven't had op to piddle on this. I'm hoping ot get on it tomorrow,as I want to get it done before this all happens. :unsure: :wacko:

#780 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

Yup,losing the house for sure-couldn't secure a home loan (the seller/business that sells these places knew at least "there would be extreme probability" this would happen,but still allowed us to go into contract expecting to own this place,taking our hope,dreams and money). Ah well...at least this year it isn't a fire,so we'll look at it as an adventure,LOL,and stay positive about it. Haven't really worked on anything (or...gasp...ridden bicycles either,LOL :P) all week,been scouring the area classifieds for rentals/rto's,all except for Saturday when my folks took us all to Dollywood for the day (hottest day TYD no less :lol: ),but SOME day this week,I'll piddle with it.

One of the days we were out looking at rentals,my son called,said he was "tired of waiting for Daddy to help.watch" him build his next Snap Tite kit,so he had built a C5 Vette snapper all on his own :D B) ,he done did a good job on it too,I just haven't had op to shoot pics yet,LOL!

Edited by Olskoolrodder, 02 July 2012 - 06:32 PM.