#61 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Full Name:Stephen Sammons

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:46 PM

Thanks for the pics,makes mch more sense seeing it then picturing it in my head :),and thanks for the props on the Bumblebee :D

The kit that got me back into building was the Revell '49 Merc kit when first released (see my username,LOL),but the Mustang made it stick.

Flocking looks good!

#62 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:32 PM

I was surfing eBay a few minutes ago,and saw an old friend had been making some new resin bits since last I chatted with him,so used my ebay bucks and scored one of these hoods for like,$4.99 or so shipped,LOL!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lex's Scale Model Supplies. Sorry I no longer havethe link (was on my old PC),but I've known and bought fromhim for a few years now,he's a good cat to deal with.

I'm thinking for whenever I get around to buildig that '06 GT (not saying it will be next :P )...

#63 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,384 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

The bubble bee stang looks good, nice work

#64 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:20 PM

Thanks! Wish I still had it (unmelted),LOL!

#65 Rick Schmidt

Rick Schmidt

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Full Name:Rick

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:01 AM

Sorry I didn't get the pics last night was dead tired after fighting mean thunderstorms and OKC rush hour traffic at the same time last night. The pics above do show what I meant in the rear. Bradley simply cutting the coils won't work on these. The above pictured part is in the way out back and up front the coil spring is just there for show as the wheels actually attach to the K member piece and not the strut

#66 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:54 AM

No worries on not getting em up last night. When you get a chance,seeing te k-member mod will be helpful when I do get to this one though,but,LOL,that's gunna be a few weeks :P :)

#67 mrmike

mrmike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • Full Name:Michael R. Siesicki

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:50 AM

] Here is how I lower my '05 and up Mustangs. I take the rotors and remove part of the mounting ring from the back where it mounts to the suspension.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Determine how low you want to lower your Mustang by placing a few index or business cards under the chassis. When you decide where your height will be, mount the rotors to the suspension. Then you can mount the wheels to the rotors with plastic rod or drill into the rotor center with a drill bit slightly smaller than the wheel mounting pins.
Posted Image
If you have done everytthing correctly, your model will sit level. Keep in mind that lowering is limited to how wide a tire you use and how low you want to go.

#68 mrmike

mrmike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • Full Name:Michael R. Siesicki

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

A little progress this afternoon. I finished detailing the K & N air filter.
Posted Image
Mounted it to the air tube.
Posted Image
A mockup on the engine.
Posted Image
I'll start on the airbox next.
More to come...

#69 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

Thanks for that,Mike,and the engine's looking killer! Can't wait to see more :D

#70 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts
  • Full Name:Bradley Emery

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:48 PM

Looks good, Mike! Getting closer to a finished piece every day!

#71 Rick Schmidt

Rick Schmidt

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:06 PM

Man this aint been my dang week got sick yesterday afternoon. Finally got a minute where I can get in my room and attack the site from my desktop instead of my Phone.
Here's the pics I promised days ago

Posted Image
This is the rear only modded chassis I got at the moment but ya can see whats removed from mine by comparing it to one of your unmolested ones. I removed the arm above the diff and removed the shaft tunnel for clearance After this is done ya cut the spring to the right height and install the rear as in the instructions Kinda ugly but is all hidden on a built model. Plus I don't fuss much bout the side the shelf sees.
Posted Image
Up front ya can see where my K member mounts on the frame are flat compared to the '10 frame in the background. this raises the K higher to the engine thus lowering the stance after this mod ya just gotta cut ya struts to the right height. If done right ya should actually still be able to mount the K as intended cause all the locating holes stay in the frame even where ya shave it down. Do these mods only after ya have selected wheels and tires because as said before they do limit how low the car can sit without major surgery to the wheel wells. Also do the front first so ya can use it to align the rear to the corect height ..... the front can only go so low while the rear can go as low as ya want .... one wrong cut and the car has a taildragger stance

#72 Rick Schmidt

Rick Schmidt

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:09 PM

Mike ya intake looks good did a similar thing to my KR since I got priveledged enough to buy two of the early production run kits lol My other KR I'm thinking of doin something like in a Mag I saw ... A turbo going into the SC hehe

#73 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:32 PM

Sorry to hear you're sick,old friend. "I see" said the sight challenged man to his hearing impaired friend! Yeah,I can do that. I've right clicked and saved all these pics (Mike,yours too) on the how to to a folder for quick and easy referance,so I can look at it when I get to it. I appreciate the help on that,guys,really :)

Edited by Olskoolrodder, 09 November 2011 - 01:32 PM.

#74 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,384 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:48 PM

Hey guys, I made some progress, and I picked up another stang kit today, ( used a HL coupon) I picked up the GT500 KR, my plan for it, and the reason why I bought is to make KITT from remake of Knight Rider.
Posted Image

So here is what the new stance looks like, I still have a little work to do up front, and the body has been cleared now too
Posted Image

Edited by martinfan5, 09 November 2011 - 02:13 PM.

#75 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:59 PM

MAN I'm LOVING that blue! Friggin awesome n the Knight Rider replica,can't wait to see that one (I wish they hadn't teased us with only one season :( )

#76 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,384 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:08 AM

Yea I am starting to like this blue as well, i am not even going to wet sand and polish this one. I think the show lasted two season's , I will go double check, what I do know is I think I watch maybe three episodes, and the two hour pilot, but i just could not get in to the show.

I have not decided yet, but what I am thinking is for the knight rider build , I dont know if i want to try and recreate the interior .

#77 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:03 PM

One: Window tint (can't see the interior ;) :D -hey,KITT's was tinted so it's accurate!),and two,yeah,the show kinda was a bit cliche'd,what drew me in were the cleavage shots (shhh...my wife's sitting right next to me :wacko: :blink: :P ) and the Mstang bits.

#78 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,384 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:04 PM

I have finished the 2010 GT, i will take pics of it tomorrow and get them posted.

I am going to look at more pics of the interior if I can find more, and then decide if i want to , part of it I think I can do, like the middle console and middle part of the dash, but the back seat I am not sure I want to try.
Posted Image

Edited by martinfan5, 10 November 2011 - 04:09 PM.

#79 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

Looks tedious to my eye... :blink:
Can't WAIT to see those pics of the finished '10 tomorrow! :D :D :D

On another note,I MUST get on one of these soon,I just scored another hood off eVilbay (as my wife calls it any time I'm on there,LOL) for the '06-09...
Posted Image
:D

Edited by Olskoolrodder, 10 November 2011 - 09:33 PM.

#80 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,384 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:21 AM

That is a nice looking hood, here is a pic of the 10gt, I will post the rest in under glass
Posted Image