#41 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,140 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:55 AM

A bit off topic, but I wonder- the tires on the Monogram Black Widow reissue are very nice, but a bit too large for most applications, diameter wise. I'd love to see them tool up a set of tires like that in a size more close to what's used on the existing Deuce kits.

#42 Longbox55

Longbox55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Burmeister

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:44 PM

For me I hope they don't just throw some junk wheels and tires in there and call it good ...we've had enough of them that didn't follow the box art. ;)

Hopefully, this will be a non-issue, since the tires on the Rat Roaster are manufactured by Coker. So the big tire brands really don't have much say in it as far as licensing. That's all up to Corky.

#43 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,421 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

I'm just looking forward to a different chassis and some more cool parts . . .

#44 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,796 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

Lot's of cool parts. :D

#45 moparmagiclives

moparmagiclives

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Full Name:Shane Moore

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

I say it again. It could yield quite a few parts for a Milner Deuce build.

I never noticed that till now. Guess I should pay attention more. It's funny how " wrong " milners coupe was when the movie came out, but it's one of the most recognizable, replicated and inspirational coupes built.

#46 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,140 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

He means the cycle fenders Chuck, not stock fenders.

"I see" said the blind man. Should have been obvious, but I guess I had a bit of a lapse on that one. B)

#47 rel14

rel14

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Full Name:Randy Layman

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:00 AM

Ok, its a 32 ford with yet, another 350 in it,, ford 9in rear, four wheel disc brake, Don't see were the Rat part comes in,, see a big dollar roadster,, Don't like being the bad guy, but I've seen a thousand differ versions of the same car,, Go to the Turkey Rod Run at Daytona Beach once,,your see,, Really nice car though..

#48 Erik Smith

Erik Smith

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,867 posts
  • Full Name:Erik Smith

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:57 AM

Ok, its a 32 ford with yet, another 350 in it,, ford 9in rear, four wheel disc brake, Don't see were the Rat part comes in,, see a big dollar roadster,, Don't like being the bad guy, but I've seen a thousand differ versions of the same car,, Go to the Turkey Rod Run at Daytona Beach once,,your see,, Really nice car though..

It's Rat ROASTER, not rod, so it's not a throw together "rat" (or high end build made to look ratty). As far as interest, it looks to have wheels and some equipment we haven't seen often in kit form and should be a welcome kit for building and bashing.

#49 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,796 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:35 AM

" a thousand different versions of the same car " we ain't seen nottin' like this before. You ain't seein' all the parts fer th' trees. Open yer eyes, open yer mind, think of all the possibilitys. Roast some rats.

#50 rmvw guy

rmvw guy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,571 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Martz

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:11 AM

More Eye Candy Please! The color of Stacy's says it all for a time piece! There is never going to be too many '32 kits.

#51 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,796 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:48 AM

More eye candy in here : http://staceydavid.c...cts/rat-roaster

Posted Image

#52 Draggon

Draggon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,880 posts
  • Full Name:Glenn Asher

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

Watched the Drag-n-wagon episode today. Saw the Revell 48 Ford Woody during the recap, and it looked like box art for the Roaster in the background.

#53 Exotics_Builder

Exotics_Builder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  • Full Name:Gerry Paquette

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

Watched the Drag-n-wagon episode today. Saw the Revell 48 Ford Woody during the recap, and it looked like box art for the Roaster in the background.

They had the box art at IHOBBY. My best guess based on the conversation with them is late 4th quarter 2012 or 1st quarter 2013. We may know more when the mid-year announcements come out in the few weeks.

#54 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,228 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

Those front tires look exactly like those in the Revell '32 Ford Orange Crate kit.

It will be interesting to see how Revell handles the rear tires, not to mention the Weiand blower and the trunk/rumble seat area.

#55 samdiego

samdiego

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Full Name:Sam Tate

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:58 AM

I wonder what kind of numbers the publicity from this will generate. You don't see a lot of model car stuff on TV, I hope this stirs up some positive sales for the LHSs. I'm still a little upset with Mr. David over all the insulting of the Miata during the Banshee build but his promotion of our hobbie tempers that a bit.
I want one.

Edited by samdiego, 12 May 2012 - 04:00 AM.

#56 Steven Zimmerman

Steven Zimmerman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Full Name:Steven

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:06 AM

While this kit may have its pro's and cons, I cannot BELIEVE the negativity from you fellas and you haven't even SEEN the kit yet ! I'm beginning to think that model car people are the most negative group of people on the PLANET !For my part, I just want to give kudos to REVELL for giving us a model like this, whether you want to build it 'outta da box' or you're going to buy it for parts....And LAY OFF THE HAIR !....Go to a model show / swap meet, us model car guys hain't got a THING on the rest of the world when it comes to hair styles ( or lack thereof....) 'Z'

#57 Longbox55

Longbox55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Burmeister

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

I'm looking forward to this kit as well. Having followed the buildup of the Rat Roaster from start to finish, plus having some inside information about the build that wasn't aired (like how the exhaust is actually routed), I plan on getting one to build as the car actually is. I'm also planning to get at least 1 more to build with some of the suggestions i made on the Gearz site before the color and engine were officially announced (for those who saw the engine reveal episode, I was the nutcase that suggested a Pontiac! :rolleyes: )

#58 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

Naw, the party's overflowing towards the front, too. :D All kidding aside, I find Mr. David to be one of the most likable TV personalities of all the "car shows", regardless of his hairstyle.

I've heard that he is likable and fan friendly and yes the "rat roaster" IS a high dollar car. But when you got it, spend it as life is short.

#59 38 Crush

38 Crush

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Full Name:Harold

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

When someone mentions so many "32 Ford kits it brings to mind a friend of mine. He actually has 109 DIFFERENT '32 Ford kits. :o Or at least the box art is different. Needless to say he likes '32 Fords !!!

#60 rmvw guy

rmvw guy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,571 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Martz

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

Stacey is one of us, what's goimg on here? I like his show and love this hot rod. I can't wait to get my hands on one and the first will be pretty much box stock and green. Lay off our brother hot rodder and model builder and his hair. ( by the way, I am BALD and I don't care.)