JamesW

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Full Name:James WastaWTF

Curb Appeal M.C.C. President

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:41 AM

Trailers should ship by end of this month - in stores maybe by middle of August.
Expecting ProStar 1st test shots in my hands around 1st of next month. After I have the test shot I'll have a better notion as to possible release date for ProStar..

Dave

:o :D

#162 lapazleo

lapazleo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Full Name:Leo Bishop

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:40 AM

Sweet!

#163 cowboysevens

cowboysevens

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Full Name:dennis gregory

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:16 AM

Trailers should ship by end of this month - in stores maybe by middle of August.
Expecting ProStar 1st test shots in my hands around 1st of next month. After I have the test shot I'll have a better notion as to possible release date for ProStar..

Dave

That is some great news dave , thanks !!

#164 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Full Name:Sean W Brady

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

Dave

I better start saving up shouldnt I? heck i think i can get a 40% discount at my hobby shop....No it ain't hobby lobby! :D :wub: B)

#165 Hessel

Hessel

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Full Name:Hessel Hemstra

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:18 PM

Dave, having read al these posts I wander if Moebius will cooperate with Revell for the Prostar and trailer. I have build the Lonestar and it is a great kit but the Instructions.... well there have been some complains. The Instructions from Revell are really great. Also the decal sheet of the Revell version is different.

So, any news about that?

Hessel

No worries, I will buy it anyway :) :)

#166 lapazleo

lapazleo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:58 AM

Working on a conversion cab......

Any chance of a medium and short hood for the Prostar?

#167 Dave Metzner

Dave Metzner

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Full Name:Dave

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

To my knowledge there are only two variations on the ProStar nose - the122"BBC version - powered by smaller engines and the 125"BBc version - the MaxxForce15 powered version.
The 122" BBC truck has a hood that is only slightly shorter - it has a narrower grille and contour differences vs the new hood on the MaxxForce 15 truck - If you look at the new truck you can see that the added 3 inches is made up by a filler panel between the front edges of the doors and rear edges of the hood..Not so much by a longer hood...
I am unaware of a short hood ProStar.

At this time we don't have any plans to do a 122" BBC ProStar as we don't have the drive train for that truck.

The TranStar looks like a short hood version of ProStar - that's a whole different truck - again we don't have one of those planned right now..

After we get ProStar done we'll start looking around to see if we can do another big truck.. I've been told that the ProStar test shots will be coming in the next few days - I'll know alot more regarding that project once I get one of the test shots whacked together.

#168 chuckyr

chuckyr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • Full Name:C. Mitchell

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

To my knowledge there are only two variations on the ProStar nose - the122"BBC version - powered by smaller engines and the 125"BBc version - the MaxxForce15 powered version.
The 122" BBC truck has a hood that is only slightly shorter - it has a narrower grille and contour differences vs the new hood on the MaxxForce 15 truck - If you look at the new truck you can see that the added 3 inches is made up by a filler panel between the front edges of the doors and rear edges of the hood..Not so much by a longer hood...
I am unaware of a short hood ProStar.

At this time we don't have any plans to do a 122" BBC ProStar as we don't have the drive train for that truck.

The TranStar looks like a short hood version of ProStar - that's a whole different truck - again we don't have one of those planned right now..

After we get ProStar done we'll start looking around to see if we can do another big truck.. I've been told that the ProStar test shots will be coming in the next few days - I'll know alot more regarding that project once I get one of the test shots whacked together.

Thanks for expalining that to us Dave, for the fouth time! You are very patient.

Edited by chuckyr, 20 July 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#169 lapazleo

lapazleo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:37 AM

Thanks for expalining that to us Dave, for the fouth time! You are very patient.

Sorry I should have been clearer I was directing my question to Cargostar. There is (was?) a 113" bbc prostar that uses the Max force 13 ,ISM Cummins and C13 Cat. Of course the Cat is no longer available and if Navistars plans are true the Cummins won't be either. Never the less thanks Dave keep em coming.

Edited by lapazleo, 21 July 2012 - 07:38 AM.

#170 Dave Metzner

Dave Metzner

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Full Name:Dave

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

Did some checking, Navistar does show a 113"bbc ProStar - My understanding is that cab dimensions from firewall to back of cab are the same for all ProStars and LoneStar too for that matter.
So the hood of the 113"BBC truck is probably about 9 inches shorter than the hood of the 122"bbc truck... I looked at some photos of 113bbc trucks and the hood certainly does look shorter than the 122" bbc truck.

Dave

#171 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,795 posts
  • Full Name:Marshall Glasgow

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

I bought an old model kit from a model seller. when he dropped it off the box was in mint condition. when it arrived, the postal service had run over it with a fork lift. it had a tire track across the box.

Dave, how long before the Pro Star is released?

#172 sweeper

sweeper

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Full Name:William Trudgeon

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

Saw the test shot of the Prostar on Facebook, It is going to look sweet!!!!!!

#173 BigBad

BigBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Poudrette

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

Oh yes, Dave M. I hope you guys don't mind I put a picture from the Moebius Facebook page... So here it is again!
Notice the front headlights are now defined, the grill is better defined too. Lookin' real good, can't wait!

Posted Image

#174 Jim B

Jim B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts
  • Full Name:James Bongiovanni

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:33 AM

Looking really nice!

#175 Chariots of Fire

Chariots of Fire

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Full Name:Charles L. Rowley

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

Maybe I can make up a Workstar out of this one! Got new project in mind! :rolleyes:

#176 Truck parts

Truck parts

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • Full Name:gordon d.dickerson

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

That is looking great

#177 camaro68

camaro68

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Full Name:Donavon Tabor

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

Very nice !!

#178 camaro73

camaro73

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Harmon

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

That looks awesome! Can't wait. :)

#179 Goldminer

Goldminer

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
  • Full Name:Kelvin

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

Not something I'm ever likely to see 'in the flesh' but very nice indeed...
I like the fact the headlights are a separate 'chromed' piece, will look more realistic at the end.

#180 hooknladderno1

hooknladderno1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Full Name:David Gusky

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

Maybe I can make up a Workstar out of this one! Got new project in mind! :rolleyes:

Charlie,
I'm with you! I look forward to the Prostar release! A Workstar conversion kit would be great too! I can just pickture a tanker/tender or heavy rescue on either chassis...

David

Edited by hooknladderno1, 19 August 2012 - 05:13 PM.