#41 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,862 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

The recall 69 nova. The non cool kit. Nice drag wheels. Slapper bars, great SBC, a cowl induction setup.

What? recalled?? Whats that mean? ALL the Revell 69 Novas are cool kits. Please elaborate. When was it recalled?????

#42 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,839 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,839 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

"And the hood from the DOUBLE WHAMMY can be cut and grafted on to some other kits" .Interesting, never thought of that, for that matter, never seen it either.

#44 MachinistMark

MachinistMark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • Full Name:Mark fulmore

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

No recall. I meant revell . ###### auto correct

#45 Draggon

Draggon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Full Name:Glenn Asher

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

The rat roaster is gonna be a great parts donor!

#46 Fat Brian

Fat Brian

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Croft

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

The AMT 39 Wagonrod has some nice modern engine and suspension pieces along with the full build Boyd Smoothster kit.

The AMT 70 Super Bee prostreet has the overhead cam Hemi motor.

The AMT 66 Galaxie has one of the mort accurate 427 Cammer motors along with the 33 Willys coupe/van kits.

I agree with Roger that the Corvette street machine kit has some great donor parts.

Revells 50 Ford truck kit has a great flathead and optional Ardun conversion heads along with some decent wheels.

Revells new five window and Tudor have great optional engines along with great 302 Fords with either a carb or Mustang style fuel injection.

#47 ChromeIt

ChromeIt

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Full Name:Curt Esser

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

I wanted to point out that the recent re-issue of the AMT/Ertl 1953 F-100 pickup still has all of those original custom, hot rod, and welding tools parts in the box, although all the box art on all sides shows only a blue bone-stock version.

These are readily available on Ebay for under $20. I just got one for $10.

#48 Funkster

Funkster

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Funck

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

Wow, Built that 53 Ford pick-up 35 plus years ago. Like to see all these old model car kits being reissued. Doesn't do anything for for my model car collection from the 60'S, 70'S. and some 80'S.

#49 Hawk312

Hawk312

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Full Name:David Eicherly

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

Im sure Im not going to surprise anyone by putting these three up. All of them are nice (big!!) kits in themselves. But they all can be built three different ways, and the race/drag parts are all different in each kit. Combining all of them, you have Cragars and Centerlines, white walls and red lines, slicks and skinny stockers, blowers and hi-rise intakes, big block and small block engines, etc.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,422 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

How does extra parts relate to anatomy? :huh:

Head bone connected to the neck bone . . . connected to the ham bone . . . connected to . . .

You known, parts, limbs . . . general anatomy. How parts go together. What parts can be used from one kit to another?

STYRENE ANATOMY.

Danno, Gregg sends you to your room, Doctor Cranky wants YOU to come OUT of your room for some fresh air! LOL! :lol: :D :lol: :rolleyes:

#51 MachinistMark

MachinistMark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • Full Name:Mark fulmore

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

the amt 68 road runner kit also has a pretty nifty cross ram intake for a 426 boat anchor...i mean hemi.

#52 LDO

LDO

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

The Revell 1/24 Tony Foti L.A.P.D. Camaro drag car has the mega-rare (in the real world) Milodon cast aluminum big block Chevy valve covers.

AMT's '62 Catalina custom has really nice looking tuck & roll upholstery.

The Testors "Vantastic" family of kits have nice looking bucket seats for a modern street rod.

#53 LDO

LDO

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

I like the idea for this thread. I'd like to offer a suggestion, though. How about several threads, each with its own category; such as interior, engine, suspension, wheels & tires, etc.

#54 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,309 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

I like the idea for this thread. I'd like to offer a suggestion, though. How about several threads, each with its own category; such as interior, engine, suspension, wheels & tires, etc.

Me, too, but every kit is a potential parts donor source, and we all have different opinions of which parts are "good" and which are not.

I think a new forum section or sub-section for a scale parts index would be a good idea, especially if pictures of the specific parts were posted, too. I'm not sure it would be helpful just to name a kit without naming the specific parts (i.e. the Hampton blower in the Monogram Vandal, the Cragar S/S wheels in the Revell '37 Ford Coupe, and so on), though, and I'm not sure where such a section would belong, or if it would even be deemed necessary, as there's a potential for a lot of overlap with the Q&A section.

Maybe we should conduct a poll?

#55 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,422 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

Casey, I think that's a brilliant idea . . . but it might also take quite a bit of work.

#56 Jim Whalen

Jim Whalen

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Full Name:Dr James Whalen

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

Hi,

When I started reading this thread I thought a recent kit with tons of parts to suggest would be the Revell 5 window but someone beat me to it.

I'll add the Revell '41 Willys pro street to this list - the blown hemi, wheels, tyres and chassis are all great for pro-streeting other cars.

This is a great idea for a thread - and one I may need to keep for future reference!

Cheers,

Jim

#57 1972coronet

1972coronet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts
  • Full Name:John Shoe

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:51 AM

The AMT 1960 Starliner has two complete F.E. engines ( 352 / 360 / 390 c.i.d. ) with attached transmissions (3-speed O.D.) , and 3 induction options ( single 4Bbl , three 2Bbls or two 4Bbls ) .

#58 Erik Smith

Erik Smith

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
  • Full Name:Erik Smith

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

I like the idea of this thread as well. I started a thread for tires HERE but didn't know where the best posting location would be. I can see it will get buried pretty quick in the general section - not to mention I am the only one that has posted related tire content. Please, read the entire thread before posting to see the desire behind that thread - as well as, I assume, this one.

One thing I would really like to see - MORE PICTURES. Some of these kits have had multiple issues - not all of them containing the same parts. Also, pictures of the parts! It is not that hard to find a picture (or take one) and post - and it alleviates a lot of the searching-through-threads ailment.

I am all for a separate section for this type of information - but we can make it so much more useful and concise if we limit banter and bump up the amount of photos used.

So...now that I posted without pictures in a post ranting about no pictures...

Pics coming soon...

#59 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,422 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

Erik, pictures do help out quite a bit.

I imagine there will one day be an cross-index type book where you can look up a kit and then it will tell you what parts are good for kit bashing, etc . . .

Like what chassis fits under what other kits, etc . . .

#60 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,137 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

Head bone connected to the neck bone . . . connected to the ham bone . . . connected to . . .

You known, parts, limbs . . . general anatomy. How parts go together. What parts can be used from one kit to another?

STYRENE ANATOMY.

Danno, Gregg sends you to your room, Doctor Cranky wants YOU to come OUT of your room for some fresh air! LOL! :lol: :D :lol: :rolleyes:

Edited by Danno, 12 November 2012 - 08:48 AM.