Model Cars Magazine Forum

Silver Sharpie Marker

If you don't have one of these, I advise you pick one up ASAP. I was going through Dollar General today and came across some, figured I'd get one since they're not overly expensive at $1.25. It's got a normal Sharpie tip on it, making it perfect for doing bolts, lug nuts, etc. Definitely worth the money.

Edited by Andy C.

• 2 weeks later...

I still use my Sharpies, but I`ve found these and use them most of the time now. They`re fantastic.

pilot-scm-gsw.jpg

They come in Extra Fine and Super Fine, Gold, Silver and White. As I said still use the Sharpies, usually for large pieces..but when it comes to finer detail, these pens cant be beat..

I've been using these for a couple years now. The silver is much better than the sharpie and I find it works well for interior and dash detail. The silver sharpie is good for exhaust and things of that nature.

If you don't have one of these, I advise you pick one up ASAP. I was going through Dollar General today and came across some, figured I'd get one since they're not overly expensive at $1.25.

Isn't the whole point of a dollar store that everything costs a dollar??? :blink:

• 10 months later...

More good stuff here! I have had trouble getting the fine tip pen to flow, the large tip works good but, mine are "Prismacolor" from Hobby Lobby. Looks like I will be taking a trip to Dollar Tree. Also sanding sticks, super glue, epoxy, oh ya!

Interesting. My fine-point Prismacolor flows just right and is brighter metallic than most of the other brands. I haven't had to dip the point in thinner, but that might help for a balky flow.

Edited by sjordan2